A Gojira (Godzilla) remake.

Hellstormer

Side-Kick
Reaction score
First off calm down and hear me out....yes that means put away the weapons, that includes letter openers.

Ok so they're releasing the real Godzilla movie (Gojira:o) and I was wondeirng if anyone think it ould be a good idea to remake the original Godzilla movie kinda like they did King Kong, not a GINO movie an actual Godzilla movie with a CGI Godzilla that looks like the real Godzilla. I personally would tihnk that would be kickass any opinions. I'm not saying try to improve a classic mroe like a homage to a classic.

Woa that look ridiculously cool, but when you say you'd want a Godzilla movie like that what exactly do you mean. Like all CGI or him being a bad guy fighting a giant robot?

Hmmm, I don't know. I guess it could be pretty cool, if done right, of course. And they would have to keep it Japanese, because I HAVE to have those cheesy voice dubs in my Godzilla movies.

If they did it right, it could work. I think the first Godzilla remake was a huge wasted opportunity. I would set it in the 50's, in Japan. Keep it in English though, because no one would take it seriously if it were dubbed.

The Joker said:
If they did it right, it could work. I think the first Godzilla remake was a huge wasted opportunity. I would set it in the 50's, in Japan. Keep it in English though, because no one would take it seriously if it were dubbed.
Yea I think Gino set any attempt at an American Godzilla movie back 20 years.

The Joker said:

But that's the entire point of Godzilla, nobody's supposed to take it seriously. It's great!

Jackasscoley15 said:
But that's the entire point of Godzilla, nobody's supposed to take it seriously. It's great!
Someone needs to watch the original uncut Gojira film :o

No godzilla has already been remade like 3 times now no need for another one.

deathshead2 said:
No godzilla has already been remade like 3 times now no need for another one.
What are you talking about, there's Godzilla and there's Gino, I don't know of any other Godzilla universes.

Hellstormer said:
Woa that look ridiculously cool, but when you say you'd want a Godzilla movie like that what exactly do you mean. Like all CGI or him being a bad guy fighting a giant robot?
that quality CG with none of the corniness from the previous films. Negadon Attacks looks f*ing awesome and i'd love to see a Godzilla flick in the same light. i wouldn't want to see a Godzilla remake unless it's done in the way Negadon attacks is done.

They already tried this with Ferris Bueller and Leon (The Professional)

I wouldn't be against a Godzilla remake. Just keep it out of the hands of Americans!! It's Japan's monster and they know how to treat it and make a good film.:up:

Why is this even a question?!?

Remake EVERYTHING!!!
Remake everything, but with CGI.
CGI remake of every movie, ever.

Make 'em again, but this time with CGI!!!!

YEAH!!!!!

Road-Rage.gif

RE! *whack*

MAKE! *whack*

EVERY! *whack*

MOVIE! *whack*

EVER! *whack*

MADE! *whack*

WITH! *whack*

C! *whack*

G! *whack*

I ! *BASH*

ah.....that felt good.

DorkyFresh said:
i don't want a Godzilla remake unless it's like this...

http://www.negadonattacks.com/trailers.html

That looks ****ing awesome. :up:

The problem with trying to get a serious Godzilla remake made is that 99% of Americans see godzilla as a cheesey guy in a suit monster, they don't remember the first one and the message it had. I think it could be done though, hell, anything can be done with the right people involved. So I'd be open to another try.

so how would you guys want the Gojira remake look like? CGI rubber suit or what?

I would very much like to see a high-budget Godzilla movie made by talented filmmakers that's still very much in the spirit of the original, yes.

Jackasscoley15 said:
... I did. :confused:

how? it's never been released in the US...the DVD is just coming out in a couple months

The Joker said:
how? it's never been released in the US...the DVD is just coming out in a couple months
I actually got to see it 3 yers ago when my uncle got it shipped over here with subtitles.

Ronny Shade said:
I would very much like to see a high-budget Godzilla movie made by talented filmmakers that's still very much in the spirit of the original, yes.
When you say spirit of original do you mean rubber suits? The rubber suits worked iin the originals, but it's the 21st century let it go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"