A Lounge in the Wind

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't hate it, it just doesn't interest me. :(

I hate Gone with the Wind.
It's like the most perfect movie with the right amount of racism to not be entirely offensive. Like To Kill A Mockingbird, Breakfast at Tiffany's, or Song of the South. :o

It's one of my mom's fave, and she also was into the book. It always surprises me since she's quite Liberal. She always says that she identifies with a woman doing all she can for the survival of herself and her family in dire times. I guess I can kinda get that but for me... I just can't see past the beneficiary of a racist system of human bondage struggling because the karmic debt has come due, and yeah, I'm sorry but I don't look at the Southern Confederacy as a group of romanticised beautiful losers that gave it all for a lost cause. We've had a century of that view point and it's what's got us partially to this point in our politics and it played are BIG part in Jim Crow. No... They were ****ing traitors. The rank and file might have told themselves they were fighting for "states rights" or fending off "Northern Aggression" (and the Union forces did some ****ty stuff no doubt... It was a war after all) or just defending their home but... Nope. They betrayed the country and took up arms against the authority of it's government. Those are traitors no matter how you spin it, and they lost. I'm sorry but Scarlett O'hara's struggles are less than a tenth of what the slaves that her family fortune was built on had to live through, if one wants to take fiction at face value. I'm with Rhett at the end.

You don't turn down Gable. That would be like turning down Goldblum today. It just isn't done.
Yesterday I watched a movie about the last two years of Errol Flynn's life....when he was living with a 15 year old girl.....you don't turn down Flynn either.

Yesterday I watched a movie about the last two years of Errol Flynn's life....when he was living with a 15 year old girl.....you don't turn down Flynn either.

Well... Flynn was a Nazi sympathizer, no? So...

Well... Flynn was a Nazi sympathizer, no? So...
I think the jury is still out on that one. A friend of his was a sympathizer, so it kinda sticks on him too.....the thing is if you check history....a lot of people were Nazi sympathizers until part way into WWII when some of the facts started coming out of Europe.

I think the jury is still out on that one. A friend of his was a sympathizer, so it kinda sticks on him too.....the thing is if you check history....a lot of people were Nazi sympathizers until part way into WWII when some of the facts started coming out of Europe.

Was doing some amateur sleuthing when I came across this tidbit. Not Nazi related but still... Wow.

Flynn had various mirrors and hiding places constructed inside his mansion, including an overhead trapdoor above a guest bedroom for surreptitious viewing. The Rolling Stones guitarist Ron Wood toured the house as a prospective buyer in the 1970s, and reported, "Errol had two-way mirrors... speaker systems in the ladies room. Not for security. Just that he was an A-1 voyeur."[64] In March 1955, the popular Hollywood gossip magazine Confidential ran a salacious article titled "The Greatest Show in Town... Errol Flynn and His Two-Way Mirror!"[65] In her 1966 biography, actress Hedy Lamarr wrote, “Many of the bathrooms have peepholes or ceilings with squares of opaque glass through which you can’t see out but someone can see in."

am i tripping or do you have to click 'watch thread' even after posting in it for it to come up? it doesn't auto subscribe like the last site or is that an option somewhere?

am i tripping or do you have to click 'watch thread' even after posting in it for it to come up? it doesn't auto subscribe like the last site or is that an option somewhere?
It's a setting in your preferences.

It is, check your preferences.

.... fine... ill check my preferences... bossy ass people. hmph.

oh that checkmark was so sexy

@C. Lee and @KRYPTON INC. know what i'm talking about. A classic.

EDASgBD.jpg

7iqj.gif

Nothing auto subscribed for me in the previous incarnation, I had to do it manually.

So Turd in the Wind is the sequel to Gone with the Wind. I think they waited too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"