Portrait of a Lounge on Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continuation of the underappreciated and downright disrespected Lounge Camino.

MasculinePotableArmyworm-size_restricted.gif

I dare say the lounge should have been named "All Good Lounges..." in honour of Picard/The Next Generation.

Or you could name it.... this.... which is of course in reference to.... something...

Well, Picard went to places I genuinely didn’t see coming. It’s slow...but there’s potential, GREAT potential.

I just want more of nigh-25th century Earth. Hook that **** to my veins.

And Boston still sucks in a utopian future. Consistency.

I just want more of nigh-25th century Earth. Hook that **** to my veins.

And Boston still sucks in a utopian future. Consistency.

Greater Boston my sweet hairy Puerto Rican ass!!!

Picard just makes me realize in hindsight how much of a mistake Discovery was. And I'm someone who likes Discovery more than most (except for the end of season two, which was ****). They should have always just gone forward in time. No prequels. Unburden yourself from what came before and just have fun with it.

And then Discovery did exactly that anyways. Get on the roundabout, we'll get there eventually!

Well, Picard went to places I genuinely didn’t see coming. It’s slow...but there’s potential, GREAT potential.

I kinda wish they went really old school and gave us a proper 2 hr series premiere in one go. If the firs ep had an issue with pacing I think it might be cuz it's similar to Discovery, really the first half of a two hour story, so basically all the set up.

Again, I was just impressed that they MINED the continuty and didn't just wiped everything away to start off however they wanted to. And given where we last saw everyone, that was a bit of a job. And I think they pulled it off.

BTW... Sir Pat was in fine form but more... This is the obvious evolution of Picard. When we first met him he was already the vet, the Officer's officer and a serious minded academic and military man. As the show went on, as Picard softened in the most drawn out and naturalistic way, Jean-Luc became the psuedo-father but also the trusted friend, the mentor, the man of duty who also had room in his heart for the whole of the universe. To find him at home in France with refugee Romulans as his trusted aides because Starfleet itself failed him rather than he fail it...?

That tracks as a reasonable future to me.

Also... Love that they gave us Data right away. I fear... We shall NOT actually see Data in the uh... sythetic outer polymer layer. I think Data with be there in Jean-Luc's mind and remembered or shown elswhere but he will remain deactivated. Just a guess.

Now.... Who wants to take bets that by the end the writers think the best way to solver whatever pickly Picard and crew on in is to have one ship ram another? Anyone? Anyone? Place ya bet!

Picard just makes me realize in hindsight how much of a mistake Discovery was. And I'm someone who likes Discovery more than most (except for the end of season two, which was ****). They should have always just gone forward in time. No prequels. Unburden yourself from what came before and just have fun with it.

And then Discovery did exactly that anyways. Get on the roundabout, we'll get there eventually!

I liked the original idea before Discovery took off of a Trek anthology series thaat each season would explore a different time from TOS to post Nemesis with the fourth season being set in a time even further ahead, perhaps even further than the 25th Century, probably with some kind of mega arc that would span each of the first three timelines.

Thank you masked bandit for stealing one of my boots, spent the hour looking around outside in the rain and darkness before I found it in the backyard near the garage

*swearing* Damn that raccoon!!! :mad:

Thank you masked bandit for stealing one of my boots, spent the hour looking around outside in the rain and darkness before I found it in the backyard near the garage

*swearing* Damn that raccoon!!! :mad:
They are seriously out to get you. :p

hey yall

doing an adult thing today and getting my eyes checked for the first time in 10 years. eek

also, potentially closing on my house in one week. so nervous, so excited, so scared. basically i'm jessie spano

Children.. this should be BAD LOUNGE FOR LIFE.

I also taught Art at Scholomance during the late 70s.

that avatar

where did you even find such an abomination

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"