A Lounge in the Wind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well my aunt died yesterday. She was in hospice for a multitude of reasons. We don't know when the memorial service will be. Also I have no hot water again after they came and fixed it week and a half ago.
Sorry you're having a rough time. :( Hope things get better for you.

I swear... People keep edging closer to breaking my two rules of sci fi and bringing about the end of humanity...

Watching Sweeney Todd, as I am yearly obligated to do. Good lord everyone is from Potter now. :funny:

The goalie cheering on the carnage is a true teammate, and a true champion. I also admire the level of restraint he has for his age. A goalie's blocker is a deadly weapon in the hands of more cowardly sorts.

What's the Canadian equivalent of yelling "Kill, Kill, KILL!!" ? Cuz that's what I imagine that adorable wee lad is saying just that.

The goalie cheering on the carnage is a true teammate, and a true champion. I also admire the level of restraint he has for his age. A goalie's blocker is a deadly weapon in the hands of more cowardly sorts.
Cell seems to be talking from a lot of experience here.

qTzxFmi.jpg

It's like a boxing glove with a convenient nose-shattering attachment.

Even actual lunatic Ron Hextall knew to drop the blocker first before attempting to murder another living being:

...The rest of the players stopped to watch.

Even actual lunatic Ron Hextall knew to drop the blocker first before attempting to murder another living being:

...The rest of the players stopped to watch.

During my martial arts training days my instructor hosted Shooto Champion Erik Paulson and he actually taught us what he called "The Hockey Punch" as a legitimate move in a fight and it consisted of exactly what is seen in that clip. Grab the other guy's shirt by the collar and pummel him with right crosses while attempting to pull the shirt over his head. Like... That was a legit martial art technique I was taught.

PS... The term "Actual Lunatic" hits my funny bone for some reason. I assume that's what comes up under him when he's interviewed on TV.

His storied career is filled with a shocking amount of profane violence. Goalies don't fight that often. Ron Hextall fought anyone who looked at him wrong. He was also the first goalie to score a goal by shooting it from his end all the way to the opposing end. He's a damn cartoon character.

His storied career is filled with a shocking amount of profane violence. Goalies don't fight that often. Ron Hextall fought anyone who looked at him wrong. He was also the first goalie to score a goal by shooting it from his end all the way to the opposing end. He's a damn cartoon character.

You're right. That's some Popeye the Sailor **** right there.

"Hextall's first international recognition came when he was named as part of Team Canada's squad for the 1987 Canada Cup. During a practice session, he chopped Sylvain Turgeon's arm with his stick during a scrimmage, claiming that the left wing was too close to the goal. Turgeon missed the tournament with a fractured arm; Hextall was back-up to Grant Fuhr and did not play a single game."

It was practice! This man should not be free to roam the streets.

I am starting to theorize that the underlying reasons Canadians have such a reputation for politeness is because they put all their blood lust and aggression into sports, particularly Hockey.

I am starting to theorize that the underlying reasons Canadians have such a reputation for politeness is because they put all their blood lust and aggression into sports, particularly Hockey.

I don't think that's...

Fair enough.

I watched tonight's Walking Dead. Without spoilers, there was a scene where several zombies stumbled and fell into a big pit. However, the zombies didn't just fall in, but rather slid in, like they were riding a water slide. It was inexplicably hilarious. That should be The Walking Dead's slogan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"