A New Era for the Wrestling Thread

Actions speak louder than words. Also, it's going to take more than a politician targeting WWE. The talent have to stand up for themselves.

Some will but there will be wrestlers with a lot of power who will support WWE. Andrew Yang is not going to be labor secretary anyways.

Wrestling most likely would have to emulate Hollywood. Hollywood has 4 significant unions: SAG-AFTRA, PGA, WGA and DGA. Yet, all members of those unions are free to work with any studio they want. This means that John Cena (to go back to wrestling) is a member of SAG, but can do films for Universal, Warner Brothers, MGM and Paramount.

You know, I was at the NJPW US shows in Long Beach where they had the two night US title tournament. The night he beat Ishii and won the US title, I said Omega was the best wrestler on the planet, and I truly believed it that night.

Speaking of New Japan, I do hope Omega wins on December 2nd so that Moxley can go to Japan and quarantine for two weeks and drops the title to KENTA.

Some will but there will be wrestlers with a lot of power who will support WWE. Andrew Yang is not going to be labor secretary anyways.

That's sort of what has annoyed me that all these wrestling commentators have been talking about Yang starting this campaign when there's been no guarantee he will become labor secretary even with a Biden win.

Wrestling most likely would have to emulate Hollywood. Hollywood has 4 significant unions: SAG-AFTRA, PGA, WGA and DGA. Yet, all members of those unions are free to work with any studio they want. This means that John Cena (to go back to wrestling) is a member of SAG, but can do films for Universal, Warner Brothers, MGM and Paramount.

Here is my other major issue Dr. Evil, why has SAG-AFTRA been unwilling to help out pro wrestlers before?

Speaking of New Japan, I do hope Omega wins on December 2nd so that Moxley can go to Japan and quarantine for two weeks and drops the title to KENTA.

Seriously, it's getting ridiculous that Moxley is still champion and can't defend it. NJPW is CONDUCTING SHOWS IN US! He doesn't even have to go to Japan to do it!

All the NJPW Strong shows are shot and filmed in the US. Yes, AEW would have to sign off on it and let him do it, but c'mon what's the big deal?

That's sort of what has annoyed me that all these wrestling commentators have been talking about Yang starting this campaign when there's been no guarantee he will become labor secretary even with a Biden win.

Here is my other major issue Dr. Evil, why has SAG-AFTRA been unwilling to help out pro wrestlers before?

I have no idea. My guess is that SAG-AFTRA doesn't take pro wrestlers seriously unless they do movies or TV with any of the studios, such as the Rock, Cena and Dave Bautista.

I have no idea. My guess is that SAG-AFTRA doesn't take pro wrestlers seriously unless they do movies or TV with any of the studios, such as the Rock, Cena and Dave Bautista.

I bet they will allow Tommy Wiseau though.

Seriously, it's getting ridiculous that Moxley is still champion and can't defend it. NJPW is CONDUCTING SHOWS IN US! He doesn't even have to go to Japan to do it!

All the NJPW Strong shows are shot and filmed in the US. Yes, AEW would have to sign off on it and let him do it, but c'mon what's the big deal?

If I remember correctly, Moxley cannot wrestle for any American company except AEW. I think that changed when he stopped doing Indie shows right after his WWE departure

If I remember correctly, Moxley cannot wrestle for any American company except AEW. I think that changed when he stopped doing Indie shows right after his WWE departure

He wrestled at Josh Barnett's Bloodsport for GCW last month. It was broadcast live on PPV on FITE TV. He had a match with Chris Dickinson. Not only that, there was a COVID-19 outbreak from that event.

So I don't believe that's true. There's no reason AEW and Moxley and NJPW couldn't work out a deal for this.

Seeing as how he's a member of SAG-AFTRA, I wonder if Cena would support unionization of wrestlers?

There are people who for some reason want Bernie Sanders.

Cena is such an ass kisser that there no way he would support unionization. He has too much loyalty to Vince to ever put wrestlers first.

Cena is such an ass kisser that there no way he would support unionization. He has too much loyalty to Vince to ever put wrestlers first.
Also, I think WWE still has some control over his real name, since his real name was used as his ring name.

I'm hoping Zelina Vega goes to AEW. Now SHE'S someone who can be their big face...even if she's limited in the ring.

I am liking Adam Pearce as a modern day Jack Tunney

I hope WWE burns to the ground. For real.

My hope is that a wrestler actually legally challenges WWE on these BS overreaches in court.

The issue is, WWE more often than not settles out of court when they don't have a case.

Probably not. I know I can't deal with WWE anymore though.

Nothing against people who will keep watching. I will still support youtubers who cover WWE because they deserve my support. Some great people in that community.

My hope is that a wrestler actually legally challenges WWE on these BS overreaches in court.

The issue is, WWE more often than not settles out of court when they don't have a case.

Probably Paige. People are going to say it should be Xavier Woods, but he's moved his streams to UpUpDownDown.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"