A New Era for the Wrestling Thread

I definitely had crushes on them, but in this era they feel like dinosaurs. Dinosaurs they just used to crap on Bayley. :dry:

The fans booing the Fiend video packages sums up tonight. Very weird.

I missed the Orton/Fiend match and it appears that I didn't miss much. No clue what I just watched.

I am excited for this match. Very excited. But triple threat matches to close out Mania still feel weird to me. It has produced probably my two favorite Mania main events and two other finishes I adored, but it still feels weird.

Crowd is hyped!

I missed the Orton/Fiend match and it appears that I didn't miss much. No clue what I just watched.
The opening was hyped. The Fiend's entranced killed it. And then they ruined it with Orton winning after Alexa bleed black blood from her head while wearing a crown of thorns, that distracted the Fiend. It was... yeah.

Also they oddly had a normal wrestling match. Too normal for the Fiend.

I am excited for this match. Very excited. But triple threat matches to close out Mania still feel weird to me. It has produced probably my two favorite Mania main events and two other finishes I adored, but it still feels weird.

Crowd is hyped!
Which were the favorites. I remember WM XX, WM XXX and WM 35. What other one am I forgetting?

Which were the favorites. I remember WM XX, WM XXX and WM 35. What other one am I forgetting?
XX is my favorite Wrestlemania match. I loved the XXX main event. 31 and 35 are the finishes. Remember, 31, Seth cashed in. :D

This triple thread has been fantastic so far. The execution has been off the charts.

The crossface/Yes lock combo was so good.

Weird to end the weekend with the heel winning, but they did it again. Another Mania where bot champs retained. They do the same thing with both belts. :funny:

That was a great triple theat. So much heat. Also, is it just me, or did Edge not technically win?

One more Mania Bryan. Win the Rumble, finally beat Roman. :woo:

In every match with a heel tonight, only one face one. Kevin. What a weird way to book night 2, with fans. :dry:

Can't wait to see him bash Wrestlemania because that's what he likes to do: Bash WWE all of the time.
He bashes bad stuff. The WWE has a lot of bad stuff. You won't see him bash NXT Night 1 or much of Night 1 of Mania this year. You definitely won't see him bash WALTER vs. Ciampa.

Which reminds me:

Match of WM week (including Mania): WATLER vs. Ciampa
Match of WM weekend: Roman vs. Edge vs. Bryan
Best spot of the week: Big E's spear or Yes lock/Crossface
Best Finish: Sasha vs. Bianca

I can't believe I am going to say this, but Roman is a better champion then Omega, and it hasn't been all that close.

Night One was better.

The ME was really the only match I really got into. I liked Asuka/Rhea, but it had little to no build. At least, not enough to ward off my cynicism. A lot of the matches seemed to run short, like a glorified Raw.

I can't believe I am going to say this, but Roman is a better champion then Omega, and it hasn't been all that close.
It’s gonna be big when someone finally beats him. I don’t watch AEW (really I only watch NXT and the big four main roster ppvs). How is Omega doing as champ over there?

It’s gonna be big when someone finally beats him. I don’t watch AEW (really I only watch NXT and the big four main roster ppvs). How is Omega doing as champ over there?
It started fun. Now it is extremely repetitive. He makes the Jey interference seem almost small with how often the Good Brothers show up. It basically heel promos, beat down, asking the Bucks to join him, the Bucks acted conflicted, repeat. It's so blah now, especially as he doesn't really fight any names for the belt.

I am hoping the big thing is Bryan winning the Rumble and finally beating him. It's been a long time in the making, and it felt that was the setup this year, with the Rumble in Seattle. He says this is his last proper run. Hoping that means he gets to win the title one last time as a face. Makes less sense then having someone younger doing it, but I admit this is a personal want for my all time favorite.

It started fun. Now it is extremely repetitive. He makes the Jey interference seem almost small with how often the Good Brothers show up. It basically heel promos, beat down, asking the Bucks to join him, the Bucks acted conflicted, repeat. It's so blah now, especially as he doesn't really fight any names for the belt.

I am hoping the big thing is Bryan winning the Rumble and finally beating him. It's been a long time in the making, and it felt that was the setup this year, with the Rumble in Seattle. He says this is his last proper run. Hoping that means he gets to win the title one last time as a face. Makes less sense then having someone younger doing it, but I admit this is a personal want for my all time favorite.
Gotcha. I’d love to see that too. I’m still thinking about the Asuka/Rhea Ripley match in terms of I know those two can do better together. I can’t help thinking how much better it would have been Asuka was how she was in NXT, and how much more the victory could have done for Rhea if she was. I just much prefer Asuka to be the aggressor in her matches than the one who sells a lot. I wish her reign was better than this. It proves that it’s not just all about being the champ. I wish these writers and bookers come through more for the talent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"