A New Era for the Wrestling Thread

So why does Becky and Charlotte hate each other?

Charlotte said on Renee Paquette's show/channel some time ago that they're not as tight anymore since she had her baby or something (it's easy to find on YT) and then the title exchange segment on tv really soured Becky.

WarGames is the next NXT ppv. Curious where it's being held though, I don't think the GWC is big enough for it.

WarGames is the next NXT ppv. Curious where it's being held though, I don't think the GWC is big enough for it.

To me, it's not an official War Games unless this happens:

Otherwise, it's WINO: War Games in Name Only.

Lol, i think Cody is a good worker but he's not one of these modern super athletes with the sets of moves strung together and crisp striking, is that the type of matches Malakai Black usually specializes in? I agree on MJF and I'm hyper critical of most things in current day pro wrestling. :hehe:

Cody is OK, but I would say he quite literally is "mid", middle of the pack in terms of skill level in today's wrestling landscape... Black is definitely better in a slightly faster paced, striking match... I'm looking forward to him having a feud with Bryan Danielson now that they can actually go, no more WWE restrictions... Obviously I'm biased, Black is one of the biggest reasons I started watching again but I think if you watch him against a legit opponent you'll probably end up liking him.. He's got a deep moveset, combines speed and power, is good at most things in the ring and he's creative...

Here's some NXT matches of his against some more legit opponents...

Some AEW fans are expecting a major debut at Full Gear because "it's not an AEW PPV without a major debut" in their eyes.

At least they've done a good job of making the PPVs feel big and special.

cmmvg8kk27z71.jpg

Last edited:
Charlotte said on Renee Paquette's show/channel some time ago that they're not as tight anymore since she had her baby or something (it's easy to find on YT) and then the title exchange segment on tv really soured Becky.

Thanks…. I get sometimes people grow apart, but I do think something happened

just ran across this and don't know whether it's on the level or not...

Tragic News Regarding Triple H Leaked...BREAKING: Edge's Sad Retirement From WWE

We now have some very sad and downright tragic news regarding The Game Triple H, and more so, Triple H's in-ring career in WWE. As most of you are well aware, Triple H had a big health scare back in September 2021 that required Hunter to undergo heart surgery, and since then, Triple H has been recovering at home and has yet to return to his job behind the scenes in WWE. Thankfully, it looks like Triple H will be recovering from his health scare and will eventually be able to return to his duties backstage in WWE, but as far as Triple H's actual wrestling career, a breaking new behind the scenes rumor has revealed that Triple H has likely been forced to retire from competing in the ring for good, meaning that Triple H has quietly retired from wrestling permanently. One of our sources has mentioned that the general consensus behind the scenes in WWE right now, is that Triple H is not expected to ever wrestle again for WWE after his health issues for obvious reasons, and while one final retirement match is not entirely out of the question if doctors were to clear him for one match far down the line, as of right now, it does not look probable whatsoever that Triple H wrestles another match for WWE, unfortunately at it would be too much of a risk and strain on Triple H's overall health. Without question, this is devastating and sad news as Triple H's in-ring career has suddenly ended because of his health issues, and this basically means that Triple H more than likely won't be able to get a proper retirement or sendoff match in WWE as it would be way too much of a risk, and again, it's unlikely WWE doctors will be clearing Triple H to wrestle. With the way things are headed, it sadly seems as though Triple H's match against Randy Orton on Monday Night Raw in January 2021 will be his last or final in-ring appearance in WWE!

Lol, i think Cody is a good worker but he's not one of these modern super athletes with the sets of moves strung together and crisp striking, is that the type of matches Malakai Black usually specializes in? I agree on MJF and I'm hyper critical of most things in current day pro wrestling. :hehe:
I'm actually enjoying Lucha Cody as Fuego two. Doing slightly different variations of his move set. The commentary on the Too Fast Too Fuego matches is also pretty funny.

Well, i hope you enjoy it if you do. I think you might get a kick out of Bryan vs. Miro. Also I am curious to see what you think of Hangman.

I once looked up young Suzuki. Him being a handsome younger dude, was frightening. I didn't know he ever looked different. I just thought he came out of the ground looking just as he did 50 odd years ago. :funny:

:up: I thought Miro was a decent monster heel in WWE and Bryan's so good I think they'll have a good, physical match. I like Hangman's gimmick, it's like a HBK/Austin hybrid, but I've not seen much of him in the ring. The heat has been well built between the Inner Circle and Americas Top Team, Sammy Guevara is certainly one of the most exciting flippy wrestlers I've seen, I'm also curious to see where they are going with Punk and Kingston even though I'm not a fan of the latter. The falls count anywhere 6 man tag should be fun.

Exactly, I was sure the devil spat him out of hell fully formed as an evil, grumpy old heel. :D

Cody is OK, but I would say he quite literally is "mid", middle of the pack in terms of skill level in today's wrestling landscape... Black is definitely better in a slightly faster paced, striking match... I'm looking forward to him having a feud with Bryan Danielson now that they can actually go, no more WWE restrictions... Obviously I'm biased, Black is one of the biggest reasons I started watching again but I think if you watch him against a legit opponent you'll probably end up liking him.. He's got a deep moveset, combines speed and power, is good at most things in the ring and he's creative...

Here's some NXT matches of his against some more legit opponents...

Thanks for the matches, I'll check them out. :up: To be up front I'm an oldschool fan, not usually keen on long sequences of very choreographed moves or striking exchanges with no defense, but I'm open to being impressed and I've given up hoping there wont be multiple kick outs of death. :funny:

I'm actually enjoying Lucha Cody as Fuego two. Doing slightly different variations of his move set. The commentary on the Too Fast Too Fuego matches is also pretty funny.

Where's Cody doing this?

At the movie theater to watch my first AEW PPV. I’m pretty damn hyped for it! Card looks great!

Sounds like I missed a helluva PPV. Congrats to Adam Page. Long time coming...

Thanks for the matches, I'll check them out. :up: To be up front I'm an oldschool fan, not usually keen on long sequences of very choreographed moves or striking exchanges with no defense, but I'm open to being impressed and I've given up hoping there wont be multiple kick outs of death. :funny:

Yeah, you gotta pick and choose your battles with today's wrestling, the kick outs of 12 finishers is a big one to adjust to (*cough* Omega Vs. Page *cough*)... I just like that he's serious all the time, no crappy comedy, and kicks people's heads off... He moves like a kick boxer and his finisher looks nasty. WWE blocks him from calling it "Black Mass" now which sucks but it's a big reason he stood out to me...

Full Gear was pretty good, not a fan of Omega or Hangman so that match didn't really do much for me... Punk/Kingston was match of the night to me, though I thought Kingston should have gotten alittle more offense in but it was really good... Interesting to see what comes of Danielson being the #1 contender to a brand new Champ that waited 2 years to get the belt, Danielson will prolly put him over but he's clearly the better wrestler... Hoping Black gets to move on to another solo feud soon, maybe him and Andrade trade Cody for Pac... Black Vs. Pac would be good.. And I guess.. Cody can go over on Andrade cuz Cody is clueless...

Seems kinda quick to have Bryan Danielson turn heel, but he's pretty good at it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"