A New Era for the Wrestling Thread

actresses-stacy-keibler-wallpaper-thumb.jpg

stacy-keibler-225804.jpg

Still the most beautiful woman in WWE ever to me... Carmella alight tho...

upload_2021-11-4_20-21-57.jpeg

Looks like Vince went on a cut spree again. So weird.

B-Fabb JUST got to the main roster. Keith Lee was just wasted by them. Where ever he finds a home, he'll be a star.

Never want to see anyone lose their job, but gotdammit Nia Jax had that coming. I am more than certain she’ll be All Elite soon.

Get rid of that Uso with the DUIs while you’re at it Vince.

Bray Wyatt's 90 day no compete ended, expecting to see some news on where he signed or him posting a Youtube trailer or something... But, what I'm really waiting for is his shoot interviews because he's the one that's finally going to rip the bandaid off all the dumb stuff Vince & Company pull backstage. He just openly called out Bruce Pritchard and John Laurentius on Twitter, he's not gonna hold back, I never expected him too but he's gearing up and I can't blame him. Not many WWE guys had worse booking than Windham...

Like I said earlier in the thread, WWE is in for some rough years coming up, because when he does, it's gonna open the floodgates... They're leaking like a sieve right now, he's about to burst the dam... Daniel Bryan & CM Punk choosing AEW over WWE was the Earthquake that caused the crack, Bray's gonna blow it open... They screwed up his character so many times, he has years worth of stories of nonsense to let out and because of the way they are bashing him on his way out, he's gonna flame them and they deserve it. His shoot interview is gonna wake up some wrestlers in WWE that are already unhappy and realize that if Vince will do that to a Second Generation wrestler who has a gift of creativity/character work and is one of the better promo's of all time, they'll do it to anyone...

Alot of people are gonna jump ship or force their way out in the next few years... Kevin Owens is as good as gone... Finn Balor is gonna play ball cuz he's a pro's pro, but he's not re-signing next time his contract is up... Sami Zayn is done, no way he stays with the crap booking he's had and Owens leaving... Sasha will eventually leave, I'm not a big Sasha fan but I know she loves wrestling and AEW is by far the better wrestling product, it's only a matter of time... And I think Charlotte is trying to force her way out right now, which will only make it more enticing for Sasha when her contract is up in a couple years... WWE better start creating some new stars fast, because they're not done losing big names to AEW...
This is good in theory. It's bad in practice.

First, they have 3 hours of television already, and yet can't fit even a quarter of their roster on it. What's going to happen? They are going to add a new show. When? Sat is terrible for them. They can't do one on Tues or Thursday. It's the day before and after their regular show.

I love Kevin and Sami. I love Finn. You aren't talking actual draws here. Why would Sasha leave? She's pushed to the moon and gets more television time, then the entire AEW roster does on weekly basis. Working with the WWE opens Hollywood doors.

I think fans get carried away too easily on hype. Look at the AEW ratings as of late. They are falling. I enjoy AEW, but people are treating this like a war it isn't. And AEW can't take every single offcast people want them to. They literally have no where to fit them.

B-Fabb JUST got to the main roster. Keith Lee was just wasted by them. Where ever he finds a home, he'll be a star.
Keith's health issues killed his push. I hope he's okay and can find a place. I'd love to see him work some NJPW.

B-Fabb, I can tell exactly why it happened. Vince looked up and saw Hit Row for the first time. He realized that the group a) how more then 3 members and b) had a woman in it. Goddamnit Vince, variety is the spice of life. I love watching New Day vs. the Usos, but I can't watch it every week every 6 months.

Never want to see anyone lose their job, but gotdammit Nia Jax had that coming. I am more than certain she’ll be All Elite soon.

Get rid of that Uso with the DUIs while you’re at it Vince.

She is the Samoan with a closer relationship to the Rock than the others, and TK probably wants that in road to Dwayne.

Here's my thing, it gives me piece of mind knowing that the only thing I watch in WWE is NXT UK. It's because I have other options, not just AEW, but also outside of wrestling too. Mondays I watch Monday Night Football and Tuesday is the NBA, although this last Tuesday I watched game 6 of the World Series. I will watch Smackdown if there is nothing else on, but I usually spend that first hour watching Shark Tank.

I thought Keith was going to be so easy for them to make a star, between his Royal Rumble moment and Mark Henry comparing him to the Undertaker (and it not sounding completely ridiculous).

What a waste.

I have already given up on WWE and stopped, but if I hadn't already done that, this damn sure would have made me drop them. Keith Lee? Keith freakin' Lee?! Good lord. I just cant with this scumbag company. If they hadn't killed black and gold NXT already I probably would have been sadder, since there was always the chance that an underused and talented wrestler could go back there. But thays pretty much dead to me with this 2.0 stuff, so screw it. Do your thing wrestlers. Go somewhere that you can work and be appreciated! Screw these guys.

This is good in theory. It's bad in practice.

First, they have 3 hours of television already, and yet can't fit even a quarter of their roster on it. What's going to happen? They are going to add a new show. When? Sat is terrible for them. They can't do one on Tues or Thursday. It's the day before and after their regular show.

I love Kevin and Sami. I love Finn. You aren't talking actual draws here. Why would Sasha leave? She's pushed to the moon and gets more television time, then the entire AEW roster does on weekly basis. Working with the WWE opens Hollywood doors.

I think fans get carried away too easily on hype. Look at the AEW ratings as of late. They are falling. I enjoy AEW, but people are treating this like a war it isn't. And AEW can't take every single offcast people want them to. They literally have no where to fit them.

I've already had this conversation with Evil... Yeah, I realize they won't/can't take everyone, but the names I mentioned are people they absolutely will jump out of their seats to sign... I get they won't take everyone, Buddy Matthews/Matt Cardona/Braun Strowman/Peyton Royce/Chelsea Green etc. they've already passed on people...

And I don't care about the AEW/WWE "War" at all, I'm just saying that alot of the talent in WWE is gonna realize that the WWE isn't the end all be all anymore and leave, AEW or not, because why would you stay at WWE at this point if you're not one of their Top 5-6 guys or Top 3-4 women? No one else gets any consistent push, all your ideas get shot down, your push depends on a random, out of touch, crazy old man who tears up scripts 20 minutes before shows and gives you no freedom over your character or promos...

And again, I do think Sasha will leave for AEW eventually... We've already seen that she pouts and goes home every time she loses, she's already frustrated with her booking and she loves real professional wrestling. She'll leave for the same reasons Daniel Bryan left, because she can wrestle with freedom again... AEW gives their women decent time for matches, didn't see any 1 minute squash matches in their TBS Tournament compared to WWE's Queen Crown where the entire Tournament was about 10 minutes of wrestling... They don't get alot of storyline/promo time in AEW though, that's true but it's still more than anyone not named Charlotte or Becky get...

Sasha can't even cut a decent promo, I don't think she has a future in Hollywood... Though I'm sure she thinks she does, so you may have a point there...

I've already had this conversation with Evil... Yeah, I realize they won't/can't take everyone, but the names I mentioned are people they absolutely will jump out of their seats to sign... I get they won't take everyone, Buddy Matthews/Matt Cardona/Braun Strowman/Peyton Royce/Chelsea Green etc. they've already passed on people...

And I don't care about the AEW/WWE "War" at all, I'm just saying that alot of the talent in WWE is gonna realize that the WWE isn't the end all be all anymore and leave, AEW or not, because why would you stay at WWE at this point if you're not one of their Top 5-6 guys or Top 3-4 women? No one else gets any consistent push, all your ideas get shot down, your push depends on a random, out of touch, crazy old man who tears up scripts 20 minutes before shows and gives you no freedom over your character or promos...

And again, I do think Sasha will leave for AEW eventually... We've already seen that she pouts and goes home every time she loses, she's already frustrated with her booking and she loves real professional wrestling. She'll leave for the same reasons Daniel Bryan left, because she can wrestle with freedom again... AEW gives their women decent time for matches, didn't see any 1 minute squash matches in their TBS Tournament compared to WWE's Queen Crown where the entire Tournament was about 10 minutes of wrestling... They don't get alot of storyline/promo time in AEW though, that's true but it's still more than anyone not named Charlotte or Becky get...

Sasha can't even cut a decent promo, I don't think she has a future in Hollywood... Though I'm sure she thinks she does, so you may have a point there...
The WWE pays well, opens doors and has more current roster space then AEW.

Sasha is not Bryan Danielson. She might love wrestling, but Bryan doesn't love wrestling. He is wrestling. That's his life. He grew up like NJPW dojo guy. He's not going to go home and pout, which means he can't wrestle. He's not going to go off and film something for multiple months so he can't wrestle. He's the guy who left WWE on good terms because he wants to wrestle certain people out there. You think Sasha is breaking down tape from Stardom? :funny:

Sasha didn't grow up wrestling the same way others did. She was in the WWE at age 22. At 22, Bryan was wrestling Paul London in a gym. It's just not the same thing.

On no planet does AEW give their women time compared to the WWE women. Sasha is a top 4 women in the WWE. Here, do me a favor. Go find me the wrestlers of color or women who have main evented AEW's version of Wrestlemania. How many times do the women close out Dynamite?

You dismissal of the WWE's women division is just not related to reality. I hate how they handle down the card]. It's like the main event is the only thing that really exist, outside of the horsewomen. But the idea that Becky, Sasha, Charlotte, Bayley, Asuka, Raquel, Io, and Bianca don't have proper matches on WWE television? That's just not true. I'd argue you could find 15 women in the WWE who have had more on air match time then anyone in AEW the past year, except for Britt. That includes Rhea, Nikki and Alexa. The last one, barely even wrestles.

How much match time did Shida have after losing the belt on Dynamite or even Rampage? The correct answer is one singles match before the tournament. That was the entire summer. The only reason I knew she changed her hair, is because of Instagram.

The WWE pays well, opens doors and has more current roster space then AEW.

Sasha is not Bryan Danielson. She might love wrestling, but Bryan doesn't love wrestling. He is wrestling. That's his life. He grew up like NJPW dojo guy. He's not going to go home and pout, which means he can't wrestle. He's not going to go off and film something for multiple months so he can't wrestle. He's the guy who left WWE on good terms because he wants to wrestle certain people out there. You think Sasha is breaking down tape from Stardom? :funny:

Sasha didn't grow up wrestling the same way others did. She was in the WWE at age 22. At 22, Bryan was wrestling Paul London in a gym. It's just not the same thing.

On no planet does AEW give their women time compared to the WWE women. Sasha is a top 4 women in the WWE. Here, do me a favor. Go find me the wrestlers of color or women who have main evented AEW's version of Wrestlemania. How many times do the women close out Dynamite?

You dismissal of the WWE's women division is just not related to reality. I hate how they handle down the card]. It's like the main event is the only thing that really exist, outside of the horsewomen. But the idea that Becky, Sasha, Charlotte, Bayley, Asuka, Raquel, Io, and Bianca don't have proper matches on WWE television? That's just not true. I'd argue you could find 15 women in the WWE who have had more on air match time then anyone in AEW the past year, except for Britt. That includes Rhea, Nikki and Alexa. The last one, barely even wrestles.

How much match time did Shida have after losing the belt on Dynamite or even Rampage? The correct answer is one singles match before the tournament. That was the entire summer. The only reason I knew she changed her hair, is because of Instagram.

Yeah, I'm not really arguing with you, you probably have alot more knowledge of things going on, especially before 2-3 years ago, I'm a time lapsed fan, just started watching again around 2-3 years ago, 4 tops... I'm just going by what Sasha has said in a couple interviews I watched, in which she did mention watching Indy promotions and always talks about how much she studies wrestling, loves wrestling...

When it comes to AEW's Women's Divisions' screentime, I've only been watching AEW since Malakai Black debuted, I never watched an episode until then. I watched the first PPV before they came up with AEW officially, then Black debut, so I don't know what has been going on. I just know that since Black's debut, they've done OK with their airtime. Or at the very least, the quality of what minimal airtime they do get is better than WWE... Maybe I'm just being tricked, because the better quality makes a better impression, which makes it seem like they get enough time.

Thinking alittle harder about it, you're not wrong, AEW doesn't give their women alot of time... It was mostly just the glaring difference between the two Women's Tournaments that was fresh on my mind... The TBS tournament has been handled lightyears better than the Queen's Crown was... Plus AEW is still new, what they need is a Ronda/Becky/Charlotte situation, in the sense that, they need to build up a star or two, maybe steal someone from WWE, get a big storyline going at the top, someone to add to Britt, and that will fuel the rest of the Division. Cuz that Ronda year was easily the best the WWE Women's Division looked, but when Ronda left it was like they didn't know what to do anymore and now the Division looks ridiculous again outside of Charlotte, Becky, Sasha & Belair... You're prolly right on the airtime thing, but the "other girls" in AEW (basically, non-Britt) make a bigger impression on my attention then the "other girls" in WWE (non 4H, Alexa/Belair) because they are just taken more seriously and have some small amount of effort put into their storyline. WWE puts zero effort into storylines for the non-Big 4 women/2 storylines (Why is Sonya messing with Naomi? Yeah, just cuz).

Ya'll missing out on NXT UK and that's too bad. I am not going to let what happened on Main and NXT 2.0 sour NXT UK for me.

Like WWE management, nobody knows NXT UK exists. Their roster has been in tact for a long time. The last time anybody from NXT UK was released were Travis Banks and a masked wrestler (I forgot his name) but that was because they turned out to be scumbags.

Nia Jax was apparently fired for refusing to get vaccinated. 3 people were released for that reason. Kross was apparently QAnon type, likely Scarlett too, so those would be the 3.

Keith's health issues killed his push. I hope he's okay and can find a place. I'd love to see him work some NJPW.

B-Fabb, I can tell exactly why it happened. Vince looked up and saw Hit Row for the first time. He realized that the group a) how more then 3 members and b) had a woman in it. Goddamnit Vince, variety is the spice of life. I love watching New Day vs. the Usos, but I can't watch it every week every 6 months.

B-Fab's only match at NXT was terrible. She looked really green. Elektra Lopez tried to carry her to a decent match but she's not that good either.

So apparently Nia and others were cut because they wouldn't take the vaccine. At least 5 of those who were cut.

So let's guess:

1. Nia
2/3. Kross and Scarlett (known anti-vax)
4/5. Keith/Mia (they loved their COVID era parties)

A lot of people think that Sasha is Anti-Vax based on who she followed on Twitter. If that was true, why would did she wrestle in Saudi Arabia? She's also expected for the European Tour of Smackdown next week, so why would she be announced for that tour if she wasn't vaccinated?

So apparently Nia and others were cut because they wouldn't take the vaccine. At least 5 of those who were cut.

So let's guess:

1. Nia
2/3. Kross and Scarlett (known anti-vax)
4/5. Keith/Mia (they loved their COVID era parties)

Also Lince Dorado and Gran Metalik requested their releases.

Apparently they've a new aggressive approach of you only get 6 months to show improvement otherwise you're gone. Would explain the likes of B Fab being cut.

Tbh it's not a bad approach but it's just horrific seeing how many people they've cut in 2021, some of whom should have been stars.

It's really weird to me that Keith Lee got that Royal Rumble 2020 rub only to end up how it did. How the hell did Vince go from giving him ground against Lesnar to totally dismissing him on the main roster? The guy was money, even just watching him move in the ring had me in a trance.

Yeah. Now getting vaccinated doesn't mean you don't get COVID, it only means that you are less likely to get hospitalized and be in ICU and in a coma in a hospital bed.
Beyond that, it interferes with where they can work. Which matters most to the WWE.

Slightly surprised Nia got released, seeing as she's gotten so many passes over the years for being an unsafe worker... I see her ending up with Impact... Keith Lee & Ember Moon I can see AEW being interested in...

Slightly surprised Nia got released, seeing as she's gotten so many passes over the years for being an unsafe worker... I see her ending up with Impact... Keith Lee & Ember Moon I can see AEW being interested in...
Nia posted on Instagram to say she was having mental health problems and the company wasn't supportive. I won't lie, Nia should have been gone years ago but what a strange time to let her go.

Especially since I was starting to warm to her after not taking Charlotte's crap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"