The Superhero Cinematic Civil War

I aint gonna lie...I am probably never watching this Caped Crusader show lol!

It’s about damn time this Caped Crusader show got released.

Some of those designs are choices, but I’m willing to keep an open mind.
Yeah "choices" is right lol
Harley and Catwoman are pretty bizarre
And I hate when they give Batman the gigantic ears

Thats a big mistake on their part. They should be releasing this weekly. I feel like this "weekend binge" model has run its course and is detrimental to the series. People will talk about it for a week and then it disappears from the zeitgeist. Releasing weekly keeps it in the conversation and builds hype and anticipation for the next one. X-men 97 blows up social media each week because of this.
It's the same mistake with Fallout. That show would benefitted from weekly as well. The conversation surrounding it would still be going on.

Finally got around to watching Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom...

My verdict? It was okay. I enjoyed it while it was playing but not essential by any means. Not great, not terrible, just another standard-issue CBM. I did realize while watching it though that I'm tired of Jason Momoa's schtick. Sure he's charming enough in the role but I'm ready for a more regal, stoic interpretation of Arthur Curry/Orin, perhaps with a less dudebroey actor...

I also liked that the very last scene of the DCEU was of Patrick Wilson eating a cockroach. That's oddly appropriate I think :oldrazz:

Now that I've seen all the recent DCEU films, here's how I'd rate them:

Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom
Shazam! Fury of the Gods
The Flash
Black Adam

Looking at the DCEU as a whole, these are my favourites:

Wonder Woman (2017)
Birds of Prey
Blue Beetle
Shazam! (2019)
The Suicide Squad (2021)
Aquaman (2018)
Zack Snyder's Justice League

And that's a wrap. Rest In Peace DCEU. Now bring on the new DCU and Superman Legacy :supes:
Same for me on Momoa, he was fun in the role for a while but time for something new. The DCEU is now ancient history and I’m all in for the DCU (at least until it also falls off a cliff :D :csad: ).

Looking forward to it but hope the animation moves better than all the recent DC animated movies.

Looking forward to it but hope the animation moves better than all the recent DC animated movies.
It really has been a plague in all sorts of animation lately where I love how it looks but the movement is so janky. X-Men '97 even is gorgeous but there's just something about the frame rate if that is what it is that jars me.

X-Men '97 even is gorgeous but there's just something about the frame rate if that is what it is that jars me.
Yeah I've been impressed with 97 the most out of all recent 2D animation but even that shows whenever there's not an action sequence.

The Harley Quinn re-design is interesting. Everyone else looks pretty much what I expected, classic Catwoman, classic Clayface.

Yeah I've been impressed with 97 the most out of all recent 2D animation but even that shows whenever there's not an action sequence.

Yeah, the designs of 97 is not something Mir is used to, I believe. And that affects the slower scenes in particular.

Also, WB is blaming Rocksteady for a $200 million dollar loss. So, you may want to start preparing for the death of Rocksteady.

Can't imagine it being super challenging, but that's a dope role for him. Get to the money baby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"