A New Era for the Wrestling Thread

After much consideration...

I think Rhea should retain the title at Mania.

It would also give Becky a new motivation: winning Money in the Bank, which she has never done. She was in the match last year, but Iyo Sky won. She competed in the match in 2017 and 2018. In 2019, she was the Smackdown Women's Champion. In 2020, she wasn't on the card due to her pregnancy. In 2021, she was on maternity leave and was in the match in 2022.

My three Queens. Love to see it.
IMG_9395.jpeg

It would also give Becky a new motivation: winning Money in the Bank, which she has never done. She was in the match last year, but Iyo Sky won. She competed in the match in 2017 and 2018. In 2019, she was the Smackdown Women's Champion. In 2020, she wasn't on the card due to her pregnancy. In 2021, she was on maternity leave and was in the match in 2022.

That’s an idea, but I was thinking of building more toward a Rhea/Bianca feud for 41. Put up the belt vs Bianca’s streak.

SV6Eu.jpg

SV6Ec.jpg

SV6EW.jpg

SV6EQ.jpg

SV6Eg.jpg

SV6E4.jpg

SV6ER.jpg

SV6E6.jpg

SV6E8.jpg

I think Rhea, Gunther, and Logan should retain.

Damien teased cashing in at WrestleMania yesterday. Finally

Jade helped Bianca and Naomi fight off Damage Ctrl.

Rey Mysterio and Dragon Lee vs Santos Escobar and Dominik Mysterio has been officially added to Mania. I still don't see anything special in Dragon Lee :shrug:

Most likely we'll also cheer Dakota Kai and the Kabuki Warriors vs Bianca, Naomi, and Jade.

Here's the match card for the two nights.

Roman Reigns vs Cody Rhodes
Seth Rollins vs Drew McIntyre
Rhea Ripley vs Becky Lynch
Iyo Sky vs Bayley
Gunther vs Sammi Zayn
Logan Paul vs Kevin Owens vs Randy Orton
Judgement Day vs New Day vs Awesome Truth vs DIY vs New Catch Republic vs Theory and Waller in a ladder match
The Rock and Roman Reigns vs Cody Rhodes and Seth Rollins
LA Knight vs AJ Styles
Rey Mysterio and Dragon Lee vs Santos Escobar and Dominik Mystery
Jade Cargill, Bianca Bel Air, and Naomi vs vs Dakota Kai and the Kabuki Warriors.

Potential match. Lashley, Street Profits, and B Fab vs Kross, the AoP and Scarlett.

Naomi, Jade, and Bianca are like Starfire, Storm, and Nubia or Wakanda.

So Becky's book arrived today. I'm only a few chapters in. So far it's pretty good. Her writing style has a nice conversational tone to it

We’re officially a week away from seeing and hearing this:

IMG_9437.jpeg

Having Roman retain, again, is something even Late Stage Vince wouldn't do. Even he knew that sometimes you have to finally give a fan favorite babyface the important win.

Roman will lose the belt imo. However I do think he will win it back from Cody. I feel like Cody's reign will be between 6-8 months. A year maximum.

We have a lot of long term champions. It's time for some of them to be moved around a bit more, but not hot potatoed every month.

My predictions for the champions coming out of WrestleMania:

Undisputed Universal Champion-Cody Rhodes

World heavyweight Champion-Damien Priest after cashing in on Drew who will beat Seth

Women's Whc - Rhea Ripley

Women's WWE champion -Bayley

Intercontinental Champion-Gunther

US Champion-Logan Paul

Men's Tag team titles will be split again with one team grabbing each shows set of belts. I'm going to say Awesome Truth wins the Raw tag belts and Theory and Waller win the SD belts.

We'll see how this post holds up a week from now :shrug:

Last edited:
Roman will lose the belt imo. However I do think he will win it back from Cody. I feel like Cody's reign will be between 6-8 months. A year maximum.

We have a lot of long term champions. It's time for some of them to be moved around a bit more, but not hot potatoed every month.

My predictions for the champions coming out of WrestleMania:

Undisputed Universal Champion-Cody Rhodes

World heavyweight Champion-Damien Priest after cashing in on Drew who will beat Seth

Women's Whc - Rhea Ripley

Women's WWE champion -Bayley

Intercontinental Champion-Gunther

US Champion-Logan Paul

Men's Tag team titles will be split again with one team grabbing each shows set of belts. I'm going to say Awesome Truth wins the Raw tag belts and either New Catch Republic or Theory and Waller win the SD belts.

We'll see how this post holds up a week from now :shrug:

Personally, I hope that Roman is kept out of the title picture for a long time once he loses it.

Speaking of titles, I also hope Gunther get dethroned soon. His reign is starting to get stale and there's nothing left for him to do with it.

If that ends up really happening, I guarantee you that the boos Roman received from the Philly crowd back in 2015 (Royal Rumble) will pale in comparison to how they'll boo him at WM 40.

Now see, going into this thing, I kind of felt like Cody was 100% winning, but after watching a little of this A&E Biography episode with Roman, now I kind of feel like he really just might retain.

I don’t know. :huh:

And BTW, the man still takes medication for leukemia, still travels the globe to entertain and you expect me too boo him and cheer for Cody? Pffft.
michael-caine-never.gif

Last edited:
Cody is winning. Cody is too white hot. He effectively pushed Rock out-of a Mania Main Event spot in the process of getting here. Roman would have retained against Rock. But WWE has been positioning Cody to become the face of the company. This will be the final step on that process. If Cody doesn't win this match, it's very likely that window to crown him as the next guy is gone. Which is why I think they haven't been rushing Cody back to Roman. They've been saving him for the eventual baby face win. Roman winning at Mania to me would be like if HBK had beat Austin at Mania 14. Would be a catastrophic booking error.

I think Rock & Roman take the Night 1 Main Event, where Cody will eat the pin. Then Night 2 in a more than likely overbooked mess of chaos, Cody will win.

I think Cody will have the title for like 8 or 9 months. Maybe lose it at the Rumble or in that area. I don't think Roman is going to be the man that gets it off him, though. I think Roman and Rock will have their match, but Roman is on the way out at this point it feels. I don't think he takes the title again. If I was a betting man, I think Gunther may be the one to beat Cody eventually. Then maybe drop it back to Cody next year at Mania. Cody doesn't need a 1 or 2 year title run. My guess is he may be more similar to Cena than Roman with the belt. Multiple runs with it, but none longer than like 9 months or something.

Last edited:
Cody is winning. Cody is too white hot. He effectively pushed Rock out-of a Mania Main Event spot in the process of getting here. Roman would have retained against Rock. But WWE has been positioning Cody to become the face of the company. This will be the final step on that process. If Cody doesn't win this match, it's very likely that window to crown him as the next guy is gone. Which is why I think they haven't been rushing Cody back to Roman. They've been saving him for the eventual baby face win. Roman winning at Mania to me would be like if HBK had beat Austin at Mania 14. Would be a catastrophic booking error.

I think Rock & Roman take the Night 1 Main Event, where Cody will eat the pin. Then Night 2 in a more than likely overbooked mess of chaos, Cody will win.

I think Cody will have the title for like 8 or 9 months. Maybe lose it at the Rumble or in that area. I don't think Roman is going to be the man that gets it off him, though. I think Roman and Rock will have their match, but Roman is on the way out at this point it feels. I don't think he takes the title again. If I was a betting man, I think Gunther may be the one to beat Cody eventually. Then maybe drop it back to Cody next year at Mania. Cody doesn't need a 1 or 2 year title run. My guess is he may be more similar to Cena than Roman with the belt. Multiple runs with it, but none longer than like 9 months or something.

Spider hear me out.

Night 1, you kinda have to have Cody go over in that tag match against the Rock. Especially after the Rock beat his ass like that in the rain and bloodied him up and talked about Mama Rhodes, if Cody doesn't win that match against his biggest heel, how am I supposed to believe in him as the champion? With the way they've been booking it, it feels more important for him to beat the Rock than it does for him to actually win the belt.

Then, if Cody/Seth do win the tag team match, I don't see them having Roman lose back to back after building him up all this time. And then Cody just re-signed with the company, the Rock is on the Board, for some reason I think there's a good chance homeboy just might retain that title.

But again we'll just have to see.

Spider hear me out.

Night 1, you kinda have to have Cody go over in that tag match against the Rock. Especially after the Rock beat his ass like that in the rain and bloodied him up and talked about Mama Rhodes, if Cody doesn't win that match against his biggest heel, how am I supposed to believe in him as the champion? With the way they've been booking it, it feels more important for him to beat the Rock than it does for him to actually win the belt.

Then, if Cody/Seth do win the tag team match, I don't see them having Roman lose back to back after building him up all this time. And then Cody just re-signed with the company, the Rock is on the Board, for some reason I think there's a good chance homeboy just might retain that title.

But again we'll just have to see.
Cody and Seth can't win the tag match cause the stipulation would mean it's a 1 on 1 without interference on Night 2. So Bloodline has to win. Narratively it also works better as you want the odds against the baby face. Makes the payoff when they win more rewarding. Also makes for a more chaotic and interesting match cause Rock, Bloodline, maybe Seth, Jey, and whoever else can get involved. More entertaining product. Also keep in mind, it's the Bloodline. They ain't winning clean.

I think Cody re-signing would for me also be a stronger indicator of him winning than losing. If the man is going to lose at Mania again, sour grapes could be very real. But resigning indicates both a desire of the company to invest in him long term and that Cody is happy with where he is. Having him lose at Mania and potentially hurting his momentum would be a poor investment. Again, for me that's like having HBK win at Mania 14 or Batista beating Bryan at Mania 30.

I think you don't introduce the idea of a Bloodline rules match unless you intend to do it. I also think Rock doesn't want to lose. Maybe Seth eats the pin. I believe Cody really should win Sunday.

But

If we're in the Endgame now, Cody wins. If we're in Infinity War Roman retains.

Personally I think we're in endgame.

However all of you should raise your finger in the air and acknowledge your tribal chief ☝️

Ultimately

What more can you do, with Roman Reigns and the Bloodline, which requires him still having the title or even makes most sense for him to have it?

Very little, if not outright nothing. There's plenty of places to take Reigns and the Bloodline in the aftermath of him finally losing the title. There's already stagnation that's honestly getting to a breaking point ever since WM39. It needs to end now, lest it end on a genuine whimper later with nobody caring anymore.

You know what's crazy though?

This Bloodline/Cody program has completely overshadowed Mania this year, to the point where I feel like the undercard is meh. I mean you go into it knowing that Rhea just might retain, sadly I really don't have much investment in Bayley/Iyo although I do respect the work Bayley has put in, and then I feel like LA Knight and Logan Paul was a big missed opportunity.

All I literally care about is seeing if Roman is going to retain or if Cody finishes the overrated story lol.

There was a reason the camera panned to a truck with Cena and Stone Cold on it last week, they will be involved in Roman vs. Cody.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"