A New Era for the Wrestling Thread

So basically that brutal ass finish of Raw tonight went like this, the Rock whupped Cody and Seth like they owed him money:
django-jamie-foxx.gif

Seriously, if Cody doesn't win the tag match, I can't buy him as champion. HE HAS to do it for Mama Rhodes.

So which Mania match will steal the show?

My choice is Gunther vs Sammi Zayn

Last edited:
So basically that brutal ass finish of Raw tonight went like this, the Rock whupped Cody and Seth like they owed him money:
View attachment 85670

Seriously, if Cody doesn't win the tag match, I can't buy him as champion. HE HAS to do it for Mama Rhodes.
I can't see Cody & Seth winning the tag match. I don't know if it will be Drew distracting Seth, Bloodline interference or what have you, but Rock/Roman I cannot see losing. Just from a narrative point of view, you want the baby face walking in with stacked odds, and the Cody/Seth win means level playing field for the main event. Which just isn't as daunting as Bloodline rules. So they have to win that match. Besides, it isn't really about winning the tag match. It's about winning the title in the end, and Cody/Seth winning doesn't in anyway harm Cody if he ends up winning Night 2. That's where the Bloodline will get their cumapence. The tag match is just an appetizer to get people ready for the main event.

If this were like, Cody & Seth have to win so Cody could be in the Main Event like they did Daniel Bryan, then Cody & Seth would win. But the stipulation is more interesting here if they lose, so it just makes more sense. Besides, Bret lost to Owen in the opener of Mania 10 and went on same night to win title off Yokozuna. It's the main event that matters.

Last edited:
SVZdV.jpg

SVZdU.jpg

I can't see Cody & Seth winning the tag match. I don't know if it will be Drew distracting Seth, Bloodline interference or what have you, but Rock/Roman I cannot see losing. Just from a narrative point of view, you want the baby face walking in with stacked odds, and the Cody/Seth win means level playing field for the main event. Which just isn't as daunting as Bloodline rules. So they have to win that match. Besides, it isn't really about winning the tag match. It's about winning the title in the end, and Cody/Seth winning doesn't in anyway harm Cody if he ends up winning Night 2. That's where the Bloodline will get their cumapence. The tag match is just an appetizer to get people ready for the main event.

If this were like, Cody & Seth have to win so Cody could be in the Main Event like they did Daniel Bryan, then Cody & Seth would win. But the stipulation is more interesting here if they lose, so it just makes more sense. Besides, Bret lost to Owen in the opener of Mania 10 and went on same night to win title off Yokozuna. It's the main event that matters.

I was waiting for you to use that point about Bret losing to Owen and then beating Yoko for the belt LOL. But the only thing I can see about Cody losing the tag match but then winning the belt is that it'll set up a big program/main event at SummerSlam between him and The Rock. That would be big business for the summertime.

I was waiting for you to use that point about Bret losing to Owen and then beating Yoko for the belt LOL. But the only thing I can see about Cody losing the tag match but then winning the belt is that it'll set up a big program/main event at SummerSlam between him and The Rock. That would be big business for the summertime.
I think whatever happens in match with Rock depends on availability. One reason I cannot see Roman winning is Rock is gonna be gone for filming shortly after Mania and Roman may well take time off also. Therefore if they win, it aint like they can taunt the lockeroom with it cause they may both be gone for a while. So is Rock going to be available come Summerslam? Or will that not happen until Mania? There is then the looming threat of IATSE striking, which may open Rock up unexpectedly if productions shut down. So really it's who knows on Rock really. But if Rock can do a full program, I can see him feuding with Cody. But if he cannot commit to that, then I feel like Rock turning baby face somehow is more likely

I think whatever happens in match with Rock depends on availability. One reason I cannot see Roman winning is Rock is gonna be gone for filming shortly after Mania and Roman may well take time off also. Therefore if they win, it aint like they can taunt the lockeroom with it cause they may both be gone for a while. So is Rock going to be available come Summerslam? Or will that not happen until Mania? There is then the looming threat of IATSE striking, which may open Rock up unexpectedly if productions shut down. So really it's who knows on Rock really. But if Rock can do a full program, I can see him feuding with Cody. But if he cannot commit to that, then I feel like Rock turning baby face somehow is more likely

If it happens, that strike could also bring John Cena back to the WWE.

My official predictions

The Pride vs The Final Treatment Philly Street fight - The Final Testament

LA Knight vs AJ Styles - LA Knight

Dominik and Santos vs Rey and Dragon Lee - Santos and Dominik. I expect a Carlito heel turn as well

Bianca, Jade, Naomi vs Damage Ctrl -Team Jade

Gunther vs Sammi Zayn - Gunther

Rhea Ripley vs Becky Lynch - Rhea

Logan Paul vs Kevin Owens vs Randy Orton-Logan Paul

Bayley vs Iyo - Bayley

Roman Reigns/Rock vs Cody/Seth - Team Bloodline

Seth Rollins vs Drew McIntyre - Drew

Jimmy vs Jey - Jey

Six pack tag challenge -The belts will be separated and the Raw champs will be Awesome Truth and The SD belts will be grabbed by Theory and Waller

Roman Reigns vs Cody Rhodes - Cody Rhodes

My official predictions

The Pride vs The Final Treatment Philly Street fight - The Final Testament

LA Knight vs AJ Styles - LA Knight

Dominik and Santos vs Rey and Dragon Lee - Santos and Dominik. I expect a Carlito heel turn as well

Bianca, Jade, Naomi vs Damage Ctrl -Team Jade

Gunther vs Sammi Zayn - Gunther

Rhea Ripley vs Becky Lynch - Rhea

Logan Paul vs Kevin Owens vs Randy Orton-Logan Paul

Bayley vs Iyo - Bayley

Roman Reigns/Rock vs Cody/Seth - Team Bloodline

Seth Rollins vs Drew McIntyre - Drew

Jimmy vs Jey - Jey

Six pack tag challenge -The belts will be separated and the Raw champs will be Awesome Truth and The SD belts will be grabbed by Theory and Waller

Roman Reigns vs Cody Rhodes - Cody Rhodes
I agree with all the picks, except for maybe Jey vs Jimmy. I think Jimmy may win that and it will lead to Jey crashing the Night 2 ME

I agree with all the picks, except for maybe Jey vs Jimmy. I think Jimmy may win that and it will lead to Jey crashing the Night 2 ME

Jimmy cost Jey the Universal championship, the tag team championships, and the intercontinental championship. He needs to get his imo. Time for Jey to get something over Jimmy. Solo is an X factor though, and Rikishi will probably be seen as it's been reported he'll be at Mania

Last edited:
Jimmy cost Jey the Universal championship, the tag team championships, and the intercontinental championship. He needs to get his imo. Time for Jey to get something over Jimmy. Solo is an X factor though, and Rikishi will probably be seen as it's been reported he'll be at Mania
Oh, I agree. But I think this might end up a longer feud, and obviously Jimmy wouldn't be winning this clean. I see this having all the shenanigans

I think it’s kinda screwed up that Liv Morgan and Nia Jax aren’t on the card for Mania this year.

Are we getting pre-show matches?

Spider the more I think about it, I really think the tag match on Night 1 is going to be the one that’s overbooked with all the run-ins and surprises.

It’ll lead to Roman and Cody taking each other on straight up the next night.

Thats my hunch.

Spider the more I think about it, I really think the tag match on Night 1 is going to be the one that’s overbooked with all the run-ins and surprises.

It’ll lead to Roman and Cody taking each other on straight up the next night.

Thats my hunch.
I think they're both gonna be overbooked messes lol! Especially with Rock involved. I think it's gonna be classic Attitude Era main event stuff both nights

I think it’s kinda screwed up that Liv Morgan and Nia Jax aren’t on the card for Mania this year.
Agreed. I think they should wrestle each other in a number 1 contenders match. Their one match never finished properly. The winner should get the next shot at the winner of Rhea vs Becky

With all the rumors about Austin and Cena being at Mania, I am wondering if we wont see the Bloodline take out Jey and Seth after match beatdown style and tease injuries so they cant help Cody in the Main Event, then we get the unexpected surprises of Austin and/or Cena helping in the Main Event Night 2.

Not saying it WILL happen that way. But I can see it going that way

Regarding the Jimmy vs Jey match, I see Jey coming out on top, Papa Rikishi comes out and the twins make peace with each other….

Leading to Jey rejoining the Bloodline and swerving Cody.

IMG_9489.gif

Regarding the Jimmy vs Jey match, I see Jey coming out on top, Papa Rikishi comes out and the twins make peace with each other….

Leading to Jey rejoining the Bloodline and swerving Cody.

View attachment 86018
I dont think they can do that at this point, lol! They already did the Roman vs Jey and then he rejoins the Bloodline thing. That would just tell me they have no new ideas left for Bloodline lol. Just like post Finger Poke of Doom era nWo. Bloodline I think has to have a clear ending. No one wants it to devolve into dying days of nWo where they had no ideas and it just....ended randomly one day

I will say this for Bloodline: WWE did this story amazing. It was like 96/97 nWo level good. But I think Summerslam last year was first time it felt like 98 nWo. Then rest of the year, Bloodline was stale and was running out of steam. This stuff with Cody and Rock/Roman I think has injected life into it and it's been amazing again. I now think we are at Sting vs Hogan. When WCW did this, they botched it. NWO was never that good again, Sting never got his white hot momentum back, etc.. I think Bloodline win sort of would bring the story to 99 nWo territory. Especially since Rock is gonna end up leaving to film a movie. I think Bloodline needs this L to take the story a new direction and maybe start us on the path to an endgame that nWo never got. That endgame is probably Rock vs Roman, and I think the path to them having that divide should start with Cody winning at Mania. I honestly believe it's better for the Rock vs Roman match and that's eventual build for Bloodline to start to show cracks and have a real war amongst themselves. Not just 1 lone wolf like Jey

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"