A New Era for the Wrestling Thread

Tama Tonga debut. I was expecting Jacob Fatu

Could have been worse for him....he could have debuted as a new running buddy for Gallows and Anderson.

And I think they are holding off on Jacob Fatu until Roman comes back.

I have to imagine AJ wins the number 1 contenders match. I would guess for Cody's first defense you want a heel in there

I will be surprised if there are more than two call ups from the NXT Women's Division in the upcoming WWE Draft. While they still have Rhea, Bayley, Bianca, Jade, Liv and the Kabuki Warriors, some big names from that division the last few years have been out due to injuries (Charlotte Flair, Sonya Deville and Shotzi), health issues (Raquel Rodriguez), maternity leave (Alexa Bliss, Carmella), taking a break (Becky Lynch) or the WWE not realizing that they are still on the roster (Tamina). A few of these women will be back sooner rather than later. The two women I think who are ready for the main roster are the two women who faced each other at Stand and Deliver: Roxanne Perez and Lyra Valkyria. There are a few who are close like Blair Davenport and Lola Vice, but I think those two are Post Rumble Call ups for next year.

As for the men, I sense that there will be at least four: Carmello Hayes, Trick Williams, Ilja Dragonuv and Baron Corbin, although I would not be surprised if Dijak was drafted to Raw or Smackdown.

"Consider this a warning. You only get one."

Dijak with a perfect line for a shirt there.

I'm not a fan of Frazer but him and Axiom winning the tag titles works for me.

Funniest comment I saw on YouTube recently

"It figures the first Raw of the Triple H era would start with a long boring 45 minutes promo"

I got a good chuckle out of that

Jade has yet to impress me in the ring (in AEW as well.) She definitely has the look of a champion, and I hope to see her improve. Or they will book her like a Goldberg, I guess.

So I watched the Solo spiking Jimmy segment on Smackdown. Am I the only one who laughed when Solo is like "There should be consequences for losing" when his record is like....1-30 in recent history? Hopefully this leads to a Bloodline vs Bloodline War Games match

Jade has yet to impress me in the ring (in AEW as well.) She definitely has the look of a champion, and I hope to see her improve. Or they will book her like a Goldberg, I guess.

I think the WWE will give Jade a streak of matches where she's not pinned or submitted, because if she and Bianca win the tag titles, they will eventually lose the tag titles and it will be Bianca that gets the pin, to protect Jade and Bianca can easily afford a pinfall loss. And then when she goes solo, they will probably put her in triple threats, fatal four ways/five ways and six pack challenges to where if she doesn't win, she doesn't count in the decision (ie getting pinned or submitted). She will be undefeated in solo matches though.

Will Triple H book her as a star? Absolutely. Will she be on an undefeated streak? I don't know about that. I suspect that she will be on a "not pinned and not submitted" streak for a while though.

SZqKJ.jpg

SZqKP.jpg

SZqKe.jpg

SZqKX.jpg

Smackdown was good, solid promo work from Cody, Bayley and Logan Paul, and I think positioning Bianca & Jade as a team is the right way to go, Jade has star quality but is still really limited in the ring, this way she can just hit her power moves on the hot tag while Bianca works the bulk of the match, I expect it won't be long before they take the tag titles off the Kabuki Warriors.

It seems the Carlito heel turn is looming, unless there's a swerve coming and it was Andrade that took Dragon Lee out, and it looks like Legado Del Fantasma are going into an angle with Bobby Lashley and the Street Profits.

The Bloodline segment was great, Heyman adressing the 10 year callback chair shot between Roman and Seth lays some breadcrumbs for a big match when both return, and then Solo steps up to take out Jimmy and introduce Haku's son Tama Tonga, is this his move to become Tribal Chief or was he doing it on Roman's orders or is the new Tribal Chief yet to be revealed, Jacob Fatu perhaps?

The triple threat main event was a really good match, all 3 guys were in sync and pulled off some slick spots and counters. AJ going over was the right choice, I think he beats LA Knight next week and sets up the match with Cody at Backlash, the face off between 2 of only 4 men ever to be WWE Champion and NWA Champion.

Now while that does suck, if Liv Morgan doesn’t use this and make this her moment like Drew did with Punk, then she’s doing it wrong.
True!

I think the new tag team belts are a vast improvement over the prior belts!

Last edited:
I need to get caught up on Raw.

I'm reading conflicting things about Rhea. I read she was injured in the match with Becky, then I read she was injured during the brawl where Liv threw the chair at her head, then I read she announced on X she was pregnant. Anyone have any clarification on this?

It's been time to turn Liv heel. Hopefully she uses this to elevate herself. As previous posters mentioned she absolutely should be studying and sitting under the learning tree of Drew McIntyre right now. She should also win the eventual tournament by whatever means necessary. She makes the most sense currently. Unless they want to make Shayna badass again.

Also there's new tag team titles?

Edit

Oh I really like those. So I guess Theory and Waller will get new ones on Friday?

Last edited:
This superstar and this theme came back tonight:

Last edited:
This superstar and this theme came back tonight:

He'd be a good opponent for Damian Priest to defeat after Jey. He's a credible challenger that doesn't have to win and can then go after the one championship he's never won. The intercontinental title.

Priest is currently world champion and currently dating Lana. So he's on a win streak.

The more I learn about him, the more I'm rooting for him to have a good run. Good video above.

Also apparently Rhea's injury came from when her shoulder bumped into the wall during the taped thing with Liv.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"