• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

The Amazing Spider-Man A New Formula?

I too grow tired of MJ constantly in peril, but definitely no more nice villains. Be bad....really bad.

I think this movie, especially if it has Lizard and Kraven as villains, should have an underlying theme of obsession. Connors is obsessed with getting a new arm, and it turns him into a monster. Kraven is obsessed with the thrill of hunting, and it should make him more mad as the film goes. As for what kind of obsession Peter is dealing with, no idea. Perhaps he wants to redeem all the bad he did in SM3 by letting his Spider-Man life take priority over his life as Peter? Anyway, that's for the filmmakers to decide, but I certainly think it can be done. But I think this is the angle to go with, assuming these two characters are used. I still think everyone is making a big assumption by penciling in Kraven as the villain along with the Lizard.
I said SM4 should be about redemption. Dr. Connors and Peter Parker need to redeem themselves in both the eyes of themselves and in the eyes of their loved ones. Spider-Man does something horrible this time in the movie and gets negative spin and becomes a vigilante again and tries to redeem himself but he fails. Dr. Connors does something horrible like hurt his wife when the lizard begins to take over.

And, of course there has to be a villian that displays the opposite like a pompous Kraven or maybe even Electro and they end up dead or in jail for that.

I think this movie, especially if it has Lizard and Kraven as villains, should have an underlying theme of obsession. Connors is obsessed with getting a new arm, and it turns him into a monster. Kraven is obsessed with the thrill of hunting, and it should make him more mad as the film goes. As for what kind of obsession Peter is dealing with, no idea. Perhaps he wants to redeem all the bad he did in SM3 by letting his Spider-Man life take priority over his life as Peter? Anyway, that's for the filmmakers to decide, but I certainly think it can be done. But I think this is the angle to go with, assuming these two characters are used. I still think everyone is making a big assumption by penciling in Kraven as the villain along with the Lizard.

I like Obession as a theme, but that obsession for Peter sounds too much like Bruce Wayne's relationship with Batman.

Peter would become obsessed with trying to help Connors out too much instead of just taking him down that he lets some bad things happen or slip by.

I think Mary Jane always getting kidnapped in the end is lame and I thought that during the third movie too.... After Spiderman 1 and Spiderman 2 they should of done something else with MJ at the end of Spiderman 3.

I like your theme, but i only want one villain. Both Kraven and Lizard are good enough to carry the film as the sole villain. The only case I'd want to see multiple villains again is if it's a minor villain that gets put down early on like a Mysterio or Shocker. I want the villains to get plenty of screen time to do their thing like Green Goblin and Doc Ock did.

if lizard is the villain i could see gwen trying confonting conners right b4 a transformation (after all, she's his student too) and peter having to save gwen from a mindless lizard.

also, it would be kinda nice if mj saved pete in some small way. like tackling kraven just b4 he's about to shoot spidey. (can you tell i'm hoping for a lizard and kraven team up?)

also, it would be really great if the villains DON'T figure out his "secret" identity this time. cuz so far every villain has.

I like your theme, but i only want one villain. Both Kraven and Lizard are good enough to carry the film as the sole villain. The only case I'd want to see multiple villains again is if it's a minor villain that gets put down early on like a Mysterio or Shocker. I want the villains to get plenty of screen time to do their thing like Green Goblin and Doc Ock did.

i can understand u calling shocker a minor villain, but mysterio?

I hope they come up with a new and refreshing formula for SM4.

So everyone doesn't consider Marko's line with "I'm not a bad person?"

It IS the same formula. Marko accidentally killed Ben. It was his FIRST time with stealing money. He made bad mistakes.

I think the key is to start developing the characters around Peter: Jameson, Captain Stacy, Doc Connors, etcetera, while leaving the focus on Spider-Man/Peter Parker.

I've not been in this thread for days, and missed a lot of people quoting me :wow:

I said SM4 should be about redemption. Dr. Connors and Peter Parker need to redeem themselves in both the eyes of themselves and in the eyes of their loved ones. Spider-Man does something horrible this time in the movie and gets negative spin and becomes a vigilante again and tries to redeem himself but he fails. Dr. Connors does something horrible like hurt his wife when the lizard begins to take over.

And, of course there has to be a villian that displays the opposite like a pompous Kraven or maybe even Electro and they end up dead or in jail for that.

Redemption has been done with the villain with Ock already, though. Ock redeemed himself at the end, as part of the sacrifice theme. While I think for Peter redemption is a good motivator, I would tie it with obsession if I was doing it.

I like Obession as a theme, but that obsession for Peter sounds too much like Bruce Wayne's relationship with Batman.

That was an off the top of my head example. I think if they did that it could be differentiated from Batman.

Thing is if we have 1 villain, say Lizard, we kind of have the good man gone bad angle with no villain whom is just purely evil or driven. I think we need both in this film. Back to formula in some ways, new formula in others.

Thing is if we have 1 villain, say Lizard, we kind of have the good man gone bad angle with no villain whom is just purely evil or driven. I think we need both in this film. Back to formula in some ways, new formula in others.

Green Goblin asks, "Back to formula?":oldrazz:

I think you can do one villain, and have them be pure evil instead of good going bad. Of course with Lizard you kinda have to have Dr. Connors be protrayed as a good guy since that's what we've seen somewhat already. BUt say the villain is a guy like Electro. He really never was a good guy, so you can make the movie about a bad guy like him happening to get powers. Like he grows up in a bad neighborhood and all, and after getting his powers he goes from theft to getting revenge on higher ups that he feels screwed him over.

Two villains can be done properly. Heck, I think three villains could work, it just takes a right script to do so.

Why does anyone need to be kidnapped in SM4? If Lizard and Kraven are the "villains" (and it's still anyone's guess), then no kidnapping is needed. The connection for Peter is in the form of Dr. Connors. SM needs to both stop the Lizard AND protect Connors from Kraven. No damsel-in-distress necessary.

i can understand u calling shocker a minor villain, but mysterio?
I fear that the general public wouldn't take him too seriously. Even without the fishbowl I don't see Sony having big plans for the guy.

Why does anyone need to be kidnapped in SM4? If Lizard and Kraven are the "villains" (and it's still anyone's guess), then no kidnapping is needed. The connection for Peter is in the form of Dr. Connors. SM needs to both stop the Lizard AND protect Connors from Kraven. No damsel-in-distress necessary.

actually if they're the villains, the lizard could start out as the main bad guy, then kraven could start hunting the lizard, and spiderman, knowing that the lizard is conners tries to stop him and when kraven fights spiderman he realizes he is the more challenging prey. so when kraven captures the lizard he could leave conners alive as bate. (since parker defended him, he knows he'll come to save him.)

so u could still have parker save some1 w/o the whole "damsel in distress" angle.

idk. i just think a lizard+kraven story has allot of potential.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"