• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Amazing Spider-Man The After Credits Scene and other nitpicks

Just saw the movie for a second time yesterday (the movie is now playing a the cheap 3 dollar movie theater now). I still liked it but my score of it remains the same (7.5/10). I just really feel as though it was a BAD move to do the origin story again in this and it taking up so much screen time. It would have been WAAY more effective if they had taken a que from The Incredible Hulk and did the origin in the opening credit sequence. Then the movie could have little quick flashbacks here and there. The movie should have just started with Pete already being Spider-Man (for like 3 months or so). That would have gave more screen time to develop Connors, etc. Because honestly, WHO DOESN'T know Spidey's origin?? Even if you don't read comic at all his origin is well known.

And the whole peters parents back story really should have been cut or just saved for the sequel or whatever. It added nothing to the story here and was just a waste of screen time. Anyway, even with all that, I still liked the movie and will buy it when it hits blu ray, but of the big three super hero movies this summer, this one was the disapointment for me. Which sucks too as Spidey is my fave.

But why would the Cameleon pretent to be Osborn when Osborn could just do it himself. Yes Osborn was earlier noted as being sick/dying, but this just leads me to believe that the company/Osborn is going to use some form of technology (likely chemical) to "cure" him. Makes sense that this has or is happening and is what makes him to hunched in the shadows.
First, no one know for sure who the man in the shadows is...the percentage are best that it is Norman; but, no one knows what loop or "intentions" the writes are setting the direction for the sequel. However, Chameleon does not have to work for Norman and Oscorps. Certainly, it can be the exact opposite...Chameleon could be working for some other Corporation or some other entity.

Secondly, because Ratha said that Norman is sick or dying, does not mean he is...again, chances are he may be. I'm suggesting the possibility that he may not be dying...Ratha tell Connors that as a front for Norman's true intentions, whatever that may be. Norman could simply be infected with the original formula or whatever concoction. The secret is the "Cross-Genectic Research"; and that maybe what the motives for hiding knowledge behing Peter's parents death, and the cover up. Out of all the species tried, Richard success came from spiders. Norman's concoction could be a mix of a number of species, which could be why it so hard for Connors identify some kind cure for Norman. There is no "Goblin" species to be crossed genetically, so i'm suggestion he has a cocktale of species in his system, and that's what's probably changing him, not necessarily killing him as Ratha had said.

MY VIEWS, I am not claiming any of this to be fact-based -

They cut out the apparent death of Ratha for a reason, most likely to hide various pieces of Spideys origin (probably decided to save it all for the sequels)

I genuinelly believe that in the final scene it is actually Ratha speaking to Connors in the prison cell.

Again, on to the Spider Mans origins topic - I believe that this was ALL filmed and the original plan was for us all to know the "secret" by now. Having viewed all of the finished footage Sony execs then decided that this mystery would not just sell a movie but in fact a whole trilogy.

I wouldn't expect this secret to be fully revealed until the 3rd movie (despite us all already talking about it)

new member, by the way. Great to be here. /

im not beeing racist but he didn´t sound idian enough

That's not being racist at all since Irrfan Khan and Michael Massee look and sound different, lol.

That's not being racist at all since Irrfan Khan and Michael Massee look and sound different, lol.

i know just saying it in case if someone is offended by that , who knows?

I thought it was obvious it was Norman Osborn. I mean it's so blatant I don't get how this is even a discussion. :/

I'm not throwing all my eggs on the dude being Norman Osborn. The hair's wrong; we didn't see glasses. One cannot simply say it was Norman.

Interesting, could you elaborate? I'm curious. And welcome!
I just feel that maybe they changed the voice to add to the mystery. Hollywood has double casted characers before.

I could obviously be wrong, though.

the more I think about it, I still keep coming back to my theory of it being "the Cat" Hardy, which could be interesting, and would be a neat set up to introduce Felicia (not necessarily as BlackCat, right away) I am not saying he should be the main villain, or even a villain, more of a anti-hero type, but in general more of a subplot to set something else up, maybe

my theory was that it was Hardy that Osborn hires to break into the Parker's house (I could see it playing out kinda like they did in the 90's cartoon) where he does finds the formula theory written on the board, and memorizes it...
but realizing what type of person Osborn is, and what he could do with it, refuses to give in to him

tho, I guess the line about Peter's father in the scene would really fit, unless there alot more too, idk, just a random theory

I've just watched this scene again, someone posted it on Youtube. Since he says something like "I'll see you soon" I'd like to take back what I said. It HAS to be Osborne.

In the cinema that I watched the film (I only saw it once) the lights were coming on as soon as the credits started to roll and we kind of had to see it on our way out. They don't have many screens - pretty small place.

Forgive me.

The shadowy figure has a clear resemblence to one of the earlier pictures of Norman Osborn if I recall correctly from what I've seen some people post here on these boards.

At the same time, his voice, hair, twisted hand and crooked back really don't strike me as the Osborn I know and love. So I really have no idea who it could be.

Sure, in the same way it COULD be Flint Marko, Alex O'Hirn, Otto Octavius, or Eddie Brock. I just wouldn't bet money on it.

no offense to Willem (great norman) but Michael Massee looks ever so slightly more like Norman Osborn than Willem.

:wow:Uncle Ben back from the grave! Or maybe even the Lizard in a separate body!

16024.jpg
Osborn_5024.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"