• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

The Amazing Spider-Man The After Credits Scene and other nitpicks

William15

Civilian
Reaction score
So I'm from Holland, so I've already seen it. I liked it. Not as much as my first Spidey viewings from Raimi, but to me it was Spider-Man.

So there is an after credits scene. It's quite vague actually. It's Dr Connors in some sort of prison and a person covered in shadows talking to him. In the movie I saw, he says something like: ,, Did you tell him (Peter) about his father?''

Wikipedia says, he said this, which would've made much more sense, since the person is supposed to be Norman Osborn:

Osborn taunts Connors and tells him that he no longer needs Connors' formula, calling it a 'subordinate venom.' Instead, Osborn reveals that he has created his own formula that unlike Connors' is a success. A formula, that he claims, will make him more invincible than any man, including Spider Man...

I for one also didn't like the fact, that Peter's parents were involved in the ''creation'' of Spider-Man. I liked the fact, that anybody could've became Spider-Man.

And the thing at the movies at the end with the cranes... It was really cringeworthy!!!

Also, why were all the reptilians drawn towards Dr Connors/The Lizard's hideout?

And for once Lizard: Keep that bloody labcoat on! It defines you! You are not Killer Croc! Same goes for Spider-Man and his mask: KEEP IT ON!!! >: (

Where does it say that about the after credits scene on Wikipedia?

It seems their, overall story has been removed. I copied the ending of the story last Thursday, when I had send it to a friends e-mail to discuss. This is what it said:

Captain Stacy discovers that Peter is Spiderman, but accepts that he is a hero and relinquishes his efforts to bring him to justice. Peter puts back on the mask and swings away into the night as Spider Man once more. Peter and Gwen then kiss on the rooftop, and Gwen tells him that she can't stand the idea of him being in danger all the time, since she already has that feeling with her father. She tells Peter that the two can no longer see each other, and Peter agrees. The two then part ways. Weeks later we see the thug that killed Uncle Ben. He is running from the police but is then taken captive by Spider Man who webs him against the wall. Spider Man grabs ahold of the thug and then reveals himself to the thug and demands to him why he murdered his uncle. The thug confesses, and begs Peter not to kill him. Peter remembers his uncle telling him "with great power, comes great responsibility" and leaves him to be arrested by the police instead of enacting his revenge. Spider Man swings away and learns truly about the meaning of the phrase. After the credits, Connors is visited in prison by a mysterious, shadowy figure who reveals himself to be Norman Osborn. Osborn is ill from a disease that is killing him, and it is learned that the reason Ratha earlier wanted to start human trials was to see if it would work so it could be tested on Osborn to cure his fatal condition. Osborn taunts Connors and tells him that he no longer needs Connors' formula, calling it a 'subordinate venom.' Instead, Osborn reveals that he has created his own formula that unlike Connors' is a success. A formula, that he claims, will make him more invincible than any man, including Spider Man...

I didn't find the cranes cringeworthy at all. If Spiderman hadn't saved his son then yes it would have been bad like SM1 bad.

How exactly is the lab coat suppose to stay on when he grows double his normal size.

As for the scene with Osbourn and Connors. I took it more as he had something to do with their death, not that they had a direct connection to his origin.

I didn't find the cranes cringeworthy at all. If Spiderman hadn't saved his son then yes it would have been bad like SM1 bad.

How exactly is the lab coat suppose to stay on when he grows double his normal size.

As for the scene with Osbourn and Connors. I took it more as he had something to do with their death, not that they had a direct connection to his origin.

Its more realistic for him to lose that lab coat. Always thought about the Hulk and how any of his clothing is able to stay on LOL

It seems their, overall story has been removed. I copied the ending of the story last Thursday, when I had send it to a friends e-mail to discuss. This is what it said:

Captain Stacy discovers that Peter is Spiderman, but accepts that he is a hero and relinquishes his efforts to bring him to justice. Peter puts back on the mask and swings away into the night as Spider Man once more. Peter and Gwen then kiss on the rooftop, and Gwen tells him that she can't stand the idea of him being in danger all the time, since she already has that feeling with her father. She tells Peter that the two can no longer see each other, and Peter agrees. The two then part ways. Weeks later we see the thug that killed Uncle Ben. He is running from the police but is then taken captive by Spider Man who webs him against the wall. Spider Man grabs ahold of the thug and then reveals himself to the thug and demands to him why he murdered his uncle. The thug confesses, and begs Peter not to kill him. Peter remembers his uncle telling him "with great power, comes great responsibility" and leaves him to be arrested by the police instead of enacting his revenge. Spider Man swings away and learns truly about the meaning of the phrase. After the credits, Connors is visited in prison by a mysterious, shadowy figure who reveals himself to be Norman Osborn. Osborn is ill from a disease that is killing him, and it is learned that the reason Ratha earlier wanted to start human trials was to see if it would work so it could be tested on Osborn to cure his fatal condition. Osborn taunts Connors and tells him that he no longer needs Connors' formula, calling it a 'subordinate venom.' Instead, Osborn reveals that he has created his own formula that unlike Connors' is a success. A formula, that he claims, will make him more invincible than any man, including Spider Man...

A lot of what you posted is either absent (that is it does not happen) or it is shown differently.

Captain Stacy discovers that Peter is Spiderman, but accepts that he is a hero and relinquishes his efforts to bring him to justice.

Yes, towards the end of the movie.

Peter and Gwen then kiss on the rooftop, and Gwen tells him that she can't stand the idea of him being in danger all the time, since she already has that feeling with her father. She tells Peter that the two can no longer see each other, and Peter agrees.

Peter promises Gwen's dying father that he would not continue the relationship as her father fears that Spider-man's enemies will harm Gwen in the future.

Weeks later we see the thug that killed Uncle Ben. He is running from the police but is then taken captive by Spider Man who webs him against the wall. Spider Man grabs ahold of the thug and then reveals himself to the thug and demands to him why he murdered his uncle. The thug confesses, and begs Peter not to kill him.

Peter is searching for the Uncle Ben's Killer and he manages to catch many thugs who resemble the killer, but he never manages to nab the real Killer.

Peter remembers his uncle telling him "with great power, comes great responsibility"

Uncle Ben never says those exact same lines.

After the credits, Connors is visited in prison by a mysterious, shadowy figure who reveals himself to be Norman Osborn. Osborn is ill from a disease that is killing him, and it is learned that the reason Ratha earlier wanted to start human trials was to see if it would work so it could be tested on Osborn to cure his fatal condition. Osborn taunts Connors and tells him that he no longer needs Connors' formula, calling it a 'subordinate venom.' Instead, Osborn reveals that he has created his own formula that unlike Connors' is a success. A formula, that he claims, will make him more invincible than any man
watch the movie to know what really happens.

Also, why were all the reptilians drawn towards Dr Connors/The Lizard's hideout?

Those were rats who were transformed by the serum.

I for one also didn't like the fact, that Peter's parents were involved in the ''creation'' of Spider-Man. I liked the fact, that anybody could've became Spider-Man.
Anybody can become Venom, but only Peter Parker can become Spider-man (at least according to this movie.)

Because nobody wants to see a gigantic green peen....is why Hulk's shorts stay on.

They have the lab coat on for a little bit which was good enough for me. I don't want anything covering up the phenomenal cg Lizard

"I for one also didn't like the fact, that Peter's parents were involved in the ''creation'' of Spider-Man. I liked the fact, that anybody could've became Spider-Man."

Wait, what? I thought Webb denied this.

Because nobody wants to see a gigantic green peen....is why Hulk's shorts stay on.

Agreed. I can't see Hulk working without anything on of different color. There always has to be some contrast of colors to make the character's appearance stand out.

I'd still prefer the Lizard to keep the coat for another action scene. It looked really great and wasn't so inaccurate since you could see the coat about to rip.

Yeah I think it's pretty dumb that they didn't let the suit be kept on because it does look so much better that way! Sure it makes sense for it to fall off but I'd rather ignore that.

So there is an after credits scene. It's quite vague actually. It's Dr Connors in some sort of prison and a person covered in shadows talking to him. In the movie I saw, he says something like: ,, Did you tell him (Peter) about his father?''make him more invincible than any man, including Spider Man...

wait are you saying that the post-credit scene was actually shown in one of the trailers??

i had a feeling that man saying that would turn out to be norman

Feels like the decision to put the prison scene during mid credits was an after thought. It wasn't even a surprise since they already ruined it in the trailer.

Last edited:
The only way you could say peters parents are responsible for him being spiderman in the movie is that the mystery of his parents/father leads him to Conners, his father genetically engineered the spiders that created the webbing at Oscorp, and one of those spiders ended up bitting him. It's not like they were experimenting on Peter, like they tried to have us believe in that rediculous version of the Hulk...

wait, so this would mean we get green bloody goblin AGAIN in the next one? Ugh :(

Not necessarily. Although I'm not gonna complain of they do that. Is it not likely they'll be doing the 'Night Gwen Stacy died' story line over a couple of films? I thought I remember reading that somewhere...

Number 1 nitpick in the movie by FAR is the missed web shot to the crane at the end. They did a great job building up but then failed to deliver at the exact right time.

SM revealing himself to Captain Stacey. SM should've easily dodged the bullets and been on his way to stop the lizard.

The way Ben died. They set it up pretty well but then they made the mistake of having Ben lunge for the gun for no reason and then get shot.

The first reveal of Spider-Man. C'mon!!! In a backpack?! After such a long wait?

The way Peter revealed his identity. It could've been a lot more epic than babbling on her rooftop then web shooting her butt.

The drawn out awkward moments with Gwen. It's funny at first but let's keep it moving.

Gwen attacking the Lizard. It was very unrealistic and SM should'nt have said anything to her but tossed her to safety immediately.

The way Peter was bitten. What's to stop anyone else from going in there and getting Spider powers?

Unnecessarily drawn out origin. It took too long for us to see Spider-Man and the Lizard.

The car save scene with the little boy. At a critical moment like that, SM should've just jumped in and grabbed the boy without a moments hesitation because he's crying. The kid did not have to agree for SM to take action.

Not nearly enough Lizard. My goodness! What a joy it was to see him on screen!

Thread title should also be changed to just nitpicks because I don't even know what the OP is talking about with the After Credits scene.

Last edited:
Only nitpick I can think of is this: Norman Osborn's shadow-face hologram. Is he camera shy or something? Hopefully, it's addressed somehow in the sequel why the founder's likeness is blacked out in the building's lobby, but I doubt it will be. Bothered me through the rest of the movie whenever Norman or OsCorp was referenced.

I thought that Connors was too sinister. In the material with which I'm familiar, he didn't really like being the Lizard, but he really got into it here. It worked for the film I guess, but it seemed like an unnecessary deviation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"