• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

The Amazing Spider-Man The After Credits Scene and other nitpicks

I've always wondered if Shadow Guy's "WE'LL let him be for now." means something...

"We" = Norman and the Goblin? Sinister Six? (lol)...

Could also have something to do with Ratha, considering he never actually died in the movie.

But yeah, I still don't think it's Norman. I think his "We'll" refers to himself AND Norman... I think he's someone hired by Norman to take Peter out or something.

in the game it's said that Lizard killed Ratha, that's probably in the cut scenes

I know, but because it was cut out of the movie I'm not sure if it's still canon. If they have a throwaway line about Ratha's fate in the sequel as opposed to the damn scene where he dies, I'm going to be pissed.

I know, but because it was cut out of the movie I'm not sure if it's still canon. If they have a throwaway line about Ratha's fate in the sequel as opposed to the damn scene where he dies, I'm going to be pissed.

Why? I'm not passing judgement on you Troy...just curious.

Why? I'm not passing judgement on you Troy...just curious.

Well, wouldn't that be a little cheap to the audience? I mean we know his death scene was shot but cut out of this movie. Now, as opposed to working it into the sequel somehow, all we get is "Oh, the Lizard killed him."...

I'm not saying that they could definitely work that scene into the sequel though. Not sure how it'd work as a flashback unless they cut out the bits with Peter in the lair so it seems like it's from another scene, not just an unedited version of what was in the movie.

But if we get the deleted scene on the bluray, I'll be happy. :D

If "we" meant Dr. Ratha, then I see him showing up for a minute and then leaving once more.

"We" means those involved in the cover-up, that "work" for Norman Osborn. Why it can't be Norman....he would have said "I". Ratha may or may not be dead; doesn't matter.....what matter is that Curt thinks that Ratha is still alive. Obvious in the form of Chameleon. Given the opening scene, Chameleon appear to be written all over this film....whether many agree or not, like it or not.

I for one believe Ifans when he said it was not Norman, but an employee of the company. Can't just blindly relate other actors/actress to Ifans, especially when they work for different studios, with different motives, and different situations.

I think Khan is Ratha, and the possibility Khan is also playing Chameleon playing Ratha. Everyone in the film could be Chameleon playing their personal casted character....to keep it authentic. That's the bueaty of intrigue and mystery.

Lol...damn. Kudos for thinking outside the box, but I don't think Webb is trying to go that route. From what we've heard, Lizard could have killed Ratha in that deleted sewer scene.

Why....Ratha never was in the sewer, nor was there any hint of him being drag to the sewer.

???

Amazing-Spider-Man-Lizard-2.jpg

That scene was not in the final cut, and edit out, which changes the whole dynamic of the film....however, like I said earlier, does not matter if he's alive or not, as long as Curt think he is, in the form of Chameleon. Chameleon can still detract information from Curt, in a number of ways....obviously. After credit scene. ;)

Isn't that the game....

nope, i hope they make that an Alternative take but is very unlikely:csad:
i don´t want the doorman scene in the deleted scenes!:cmad:

I want to see the San Diego CC footage the OTHER bathroom scene and when Peter says "Doctor Connors, this is not you,stop it, stop this right now!"

Lol...that doesn't even look like it should belong in a video game! :funny:

If a video game was that well-detailed, I'd eat my hat :D

Man I still have to play the video game. Since its not an AMAZING game, I don't want to pay $60 for it. When it goes down to around $30ish I will buy it online.

I don't think the game will be canon in this universe. Its more like the unofficial alternate sequel to the movie. So there is a chance that Dr. Ratha will return even though he supposedly got killed in TASM.

Man I still have to play the video game. Since its not an AMAZING game, I don't want to pay $60 for it. When it goes down to around $30ish I will buy it online.

Same. Reviews and a few comments from friends who own it disheartened me a little about getting it. I'll save the money for my Assassin's Creed 3 preorder and pick up TASM when it's fell in half or more in price. Preowned or new.

Same. Reviews and a few comments from friends who own it disheartened me a little about getting it. I'll save the money for my Assassin's Creed 3 preorder and pick up TASM when it's fell in half or more in price. Preowned or new.

I regret buying it full prize because to me, while it was a pretty decent game, it wasn't really worth it. It has easily the best combat in any Spidey game, but with the exception of Smythe the villains were extremely bland. The side missions were too easy and boring and even have a limited number. The story missions were decent but didn't offer much in variety and fun. What really works in the game is the presentation of the story. Beenox did a great job with the time and limits given, but those limits definitely showed in a game that I find pretty unpolished.

It was a renter for me and I didn't really like it except for swinging around NY.

I still don't understand how SM2: The Game could perfect the swinging system, yet a game made 8 years ago just can't even come close.

So, I am sure some of you will be skeptics, but if you look at these pictures in comparison you will see why I have come to conclusion that the man in shadows is Norman Osborn himself...

First, compare the lightened man in shadows to the picture of Michael Masse. Almost no question for me that they are the same. Same chin, same nose, etc. Yes hair is different, but look at the rest of the features.

Now for the tough one. When I saw the movie I remember there being a better angle, showing that it was definitely Massee, but this is the best I could find online...

Of course the hair in the hologram is going to be different than the hair in the shadows. You have to remember that the man in the shadows, if it is indeed Osborn, has been/is "sick". He's notad as "dying".

Then add the glasses and it's tough to distinguish, which I'm sure they did on purpose.

But it's the other features that make it. In fact Massee has a very strong, pronounced neck (of all things), which when in shadow is very distinguishable. Same with his nose and chin. These all seem to match properly in the hologram picture. Try to cover the hair and eyes and you'll see what I'm seeing.

Now, some really want it to be the Cameleon. But why would the Cameleon pretent to be Osborn when Osborn could just do it himself. Yes Osborn was earlier noted as being sick/dying, but this just leads me to believe that the company/Osborn is going to use some form of technology (likely chemical) to "cure" him. Makes sense that this has or is happening and is what makes him to hunched in the shadows.

I could see Osborn needing Parker/Spiderman's DNA to finish his cure/treatment, which might lead him to hiring Kraven the Hunter/Cameleon to hunt him down. Cameleon use will be by pretending to be Parker's long lost daddy, screwing with his head, so his guard will be down.

But in the end we need the Goblin so he can ultimately kill Gwen. I just hope that's not until movie 3.

(anyone know how to post an image I have?)

Last edited:

they promoted the lizard with this photo. it was first official look released by sony, and then they cut that out. such a bad move.. this film got into a mess in it's last days of post production. Just hope we get that director's cut some day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"