• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

The Amazing Spider-Man The After Credits Scene and other nitpicks

16024.jpg
Osborn_5024.jpg

Awesome. I worry slightly about his acting prowess in comparison to Dafoe. But I wondered the same about Ledger/Nicholson.

This'll be where it really counts in comparing new to old.

IMO:
Peter and MJ/Gwen were easy peasy to replace. May, Ben, Connors and Capt. Stacy weren't too tough to replace.

It's Jameson, Octavius, Norman and Harry Osborn are gonna be the hard ones. I suppose that's why they didnt even try. And we won't see any of them for at least 22 more months (7 years total).

I wish they could just cast JK Simmons as Jameson again.

This'll be where it really counts in comparing new to old.

IMO:
Peter and MJ/Gwen were easy peasy to replace. May, Ben, Connors and Capt. Stacy weren't too tough to replace.

It's Jameson, Octavius, Norman and Harry Osborn are gonna be the hard ones. I suppose that's why they didnt even try. And we won't see any of them for at least 22 more months (7 years total).

This!

They could've replaced Tobey and especially Dunst blindfolded. May, Ben, Connors and Capt. Stacy, while not very easy to replace, worked.

While Dafoe won't be easy to replace at all as Norman, I still think there should be better options out there when it comes to looks, and Norman should be more cold and calculating this time. More psychopath ala 90's Norman and less schizo Norman. However, his Green Goblin will be hard to replace I think!

Jameson, Doc Ock and Harry however will be extremely hard to replace!

Awesome. I worry slightly about his acting prowess in comparison to Dafoe. But I wondered the same about Ledger/Nicholson.
amusing they even keep him in the role, his appearances could've just been stunt casting (for lack of better words, cause he is a real actor, not just a stunt man) but he still could've just been used a something of place marker until they founded a better actor/ or just to throw everyone off

amusing they even keep him in the role, his appearances could've just been stunt casting (for lack of better words, cause he is a real actor, not just a stunt man) but he still could've just been used a something of place marker until they founded a better actor/ or just to throw everyone off

That's very true. He was mostly in the shadows for that very, very short scene, you can barely make out his features, so it's conceivable that another actor may be used when the time comes.

I agree with this sentiment, however, do you really think they are gonna reuse Ock?? I'm not so sure we'll see him again. Especially if they use Goblin again, I doubt we'll see any other repeat villains. I mean, I could be wrong, but it's just a gut feeling. I also don't care to see Venom again either. Bring in Mysterio, Shocker, and Electro, please.

I agree with this sentiment, however, do you really think they are gonna reuse Ock?? I'm not so sure we'll see him again. Especially if they use Goblin again, I doubt we'll see any other repeat villains. I mean, I could be wrong, but it's just a gut feeling. I also don't care to see Venom again either. Bring in Mysterio, Shocker, and Electro, please.

All under the impression that we see the Sinister Six, I certainly do hope we see Doc Ock again. Maybe not until ASM 3 or 4 but yes, these are my hopes.

While Osborn could lead the Six, I would just prefer Ock lead them. Just like I would prefer Lizard/Green Goblin/Venom not be part of the Six at all.

All fair game:

Mysterio
Chameleon
Kraven
Sandman
Rhino
Electro
Shocker
Vulture

This!

They could've replaced Tobey and especially Dunst blindfolded. May, Ben, Connors and Capt. Stacy, while not very easy to replace, worked.

While Dafoe won't be easy to replace at all as Norman, I still think there should be better options out there when it comes to looks, and Norman should be more cold and calculating this time. More psychopath ala 90's Norman and less schizo Norman. However, his Green Goblin will be hard to replace I think!

Connors and Capt stacy were easy as heck to replace. they hardly did anything in the raimi films. The general audience didn't care one second about them

Doc Ock should only be brought back if they go the Sinister Six route. And that would probably be outside of this current trilogy anyway. I'm sure we'll see him on the big screen again someday, just not anytime soon.

Other than Green Goblin, I wouldn't mind seeing Venom again since he was't given any justice. Though they might be holding back since they don't want a repeat of Spider-Man 3.

There is no reason to reuse Sandman, and I doubt we'll see Harry Osborn turn into "New Goblin" again.

I don't think that. Someone before mentioned him so I did that comparision too.

However, I wouldn't be completely against using him again. I'd prefer someone new such as one of those you mentioned, but I wouldn't be too disappointed if Doc Ock returns actually. I'd be prepared for the high risk of the actor being inferior to Molina, but there is much, much more potential to him than what was used in SM2 if you ask me. Him controlling the arms and his own mind completely. Him being a real, evil mastermind, having several planned out stuff much like Joker in TDK etc.

Much like I hope for a return of Lizard in the next reboot. I loved Molina as much as everyone else and loved the visual part of Ock, but didn't like his story and motivations.

Connors and Capt stacy were easy as heck to replace. they hardly did anything in the raimi films. The general audience didn't care one second about them

Now that you mention it, it's very true.

I don't think that. Someone before mentioned him so I did that comparision too.

However, I wouldn't be completely against using him again. I'd prefer someone new such as one of those you mentioned, but I wouldn't be too disappointed if Doc Ock returns actually. I'd be prepared for the high risk of the actor being inferior to Molina, but there is much, much more potential to him than what was used in SM2 if you ask me. Him controlling the arms and his own mind completely. Him being a real, evil mastermind, having several planned out stuff much like Joker in TDK etc.

I'm not against Ock returning either, I said I doubt he will be used again. Not sure if I made that clear or not.

I would not mind at all if they decided to use Ock again mostly for the reasons you suggested because there is a ton of potential to do things differently and have those things be better than Ock in SM2. It could also be worse though too. It would also be very cool to see Ock leading a Sinister Six, were they going to go that route.

I'm not sure I'd want a Sinister 6 movie.

When Avi Arad mentioned it, I felt a little bit excited of the idea. However, while something like that works in comics, I'm afraid it wouldn't in a film. Sure, people including myself said that about Avengers as well, but I see one major difference here.

Avengers is about a team vs. an army. A Sinister 6 film would be about Spidey vs. 6 super villains. A major part of that team he must have faced before, meaning he must have had big difficulties defeating them one-on-one or two-on-one back then. Especially Ock. I think big part of the audience would feel it's a bit out there for Spidey to defeat the whole team by himself. Sure, he could take them on one-by-one but that would mean that a) Spidey would do a damn quick job against villains it took a whole film to defeat before and b) Doc Ock's plan would look kinda dumb.

I'm not sure I'd want a Sinister 6 movie.

When Avi Arad mentioned it, I felt a little bit excited of the idea. However, while something like that works in comics, I'm afraid it wouldn't in a film. Sure, people including myself said that about Avengers as well, but I see one major difference here.

Avengers is about a team vs. an army. A Sinister 6 film would be about Spidey vs. 6 super villains. A major part of that team he must have faced before, meaning he must have had big difficulties defeating them one-on-one or two-on-one back then. Especially Ock. I think big part of the audience would feel it's a bit out there for Spidey to defeat the whole team by himself. Sure, he could take them on one-by-one but that would mean that a) Spidey would do a damn quick job against villains it took a whole film to defeat before and b) Doc Ock's plan would look kinda dumb.

Well, I see your argument. I do recognize the logic. It's far fetched and it would take so much work and finesse and quite frankly luck to be done well. But, I would imagine Spider-Man wouldn't be alone by that point. Venom or Black Cat would even the odds in a way that would emulate the comics.

Also, the idea is that Spider-Man gains strength. He is constantly growing stronger and more experienced. It can also look really cool. Like, 6 against one may seem like a silly idea (villains lining up to punch Spidey) but heres an example of how it works:

[YT]XLXyoIcKRzA[/YT]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLXyoIcKRzA

Using them against each other and a lot of evasion. Now, he's black suit there and eerily quiet (another option i suppose) but i think Spider-Man vs. Sinister Six is an awesome display of Spidey's power, a culmination of what he's learned from experience and would be a great way to end the saga.

A 6 on 1 battle would work better for me than 1-on-1 six times. Would be really cool to see Spidey use his smarts to make them attack each other like in that awesome clip. However, that has about a 90% risk of ending up like a big "WTF is going on!?" moment ala Michael Bay :p

Trying to adapt the Sinister Six, I feel, runs into the same problem that adapting some well-known storyline like Kraven's Last Hunt does. It requires a lot of build up, too much for this film series to handle. This series already has its hands full with Pete's origins, Oscorp's machinations, the mystery behind Pete's parents, and the cross-species genetics.

I would LOVE to see the Sinister Six on the big screen. If this series winds up going that route and does it successfully, I will be the first one to eat my words with a slice of humble pie on the side, but I honestly don't think that will happen and I strongly hope they don't try to.

after 6 viewings I still feel that the cross-species genetics was one and done in the first film. I mean, it will likely tie into the parents mystery and Green Goblin's serum. But I feel like it won't play a major role in many future villains. I agree though, the initial trilogy has its hands full, but if Pete defeats Osborn/Oscorp by film 3, it would make way for Ock and crew to become the eponymous criminal supergroup in any future sequels. And I hope thats the route they go.

I always like to link to my own personal hopes and dreams:

http://forums.superherohype.com/showpost.php?p=24063529&postcount=8

Massee is a tremendous actor.

I can't wait to see him wreak havoc on NYC.

This is the role of a lifetime for him.

I'd love to see ock on screen again! Nothing wrong with Molina's Ock - same as Dafoes goblin. But, what I wouldn't mind, is maybe bringing in Norman in this one, and ock the final one. Save the absolute best for last.

Well, fans can argue until the end of time who ought to be characterized as the "absolute best." You'll be hard-pressed to find any spidey fan who doesn't consider both Goblin and Ock to "among the best" but when it comes to deciding who has superiority between them, there is a lot of differentiation. I, for one, do not consider Ock to be the absolute best, but I suppose that depends on how one defines "best".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"