Abomination is back!

Reaction score
Abomination that appeared in the 2nd mcu film.

Instantly recognized him from the trailer and after reading comments online, it looks like it was really him.

E4sIyEkXwAEsnIa

Definitely the most random and unexpected part of this trailer, have to say. I'm assuming he escaped with either the fall of SHIELD or during the blip?

I'm glad to see him back, but it seems a bit of an odd fit to have him in this film of all films. At least they're showing some connectivity with TIH. I doubt it's anything more than a cameo appearance though and his proper full reappearance will be in She-Hulk when they talk more about what he's been doing and why he has evolved in the decade since we last saw him.

I mentioned in the other thread that I wish they changed Abomination's appearance a little more and gave him scales. Apart from his ear fins and him now being coloured green, he looks mostly the same as in The Incredible Hulk. I was hoping he'd be improved since 2008, especially since they can make CGI characters look better now and even had a redesign for Hulk in Avengers compared to TIH. He still seems largely based on the Letterier movie concept. I understand they want some continuity, but even Ruffalo's Hulk appearance had no continuity with TIH.

Abomination's head looks way too small still like a pinhead, and also a bit too smooth on top instead of having more scales. Also I would've preferred they got rid of the big spike on his spine and made his proportions better. The bones on his torso also are a remnant from 2008 whereas I was hoping it would be scales now and something more like the comic book version. At least they gave him ear fins though, which is the most iconic part of his appearance which is a step in the right direction.

An Abomination thread is the last thread I would've expected to see in a Shang Chi forum.

They’ve definitely improved his design, the ears, the fins on his back, does look like his skin has more of a scaley texture. Looks good.

He seems smaller than abomination. But, idk hard to say. And that for sure looks like Wong's hand gestures.

He seems smaller than abomination. But, idk hard to say. And that for sure looks like Wong's hand gestures.

Well I wouldn't make too much of him being smaller, if that is indeed the case. Hulk in TIH was about 9 feet tall whereas in the Avengers he was closer to 8 feet. Then in Endgame he looked only about 7 feet.

I'm glad they redesigned to resemble the comics accuracy. I can't wait to see how this goes down and if Tim Roth will reprising the voice over.

That’s because he was the merged Hulk

So does this give him the new record for longest time between appearances of a character?

I'm not a fan of comic design because it looks a bit silly. Especially with those ears.

Abomination in The Incredible Hulk looked disgusting and menacing.

Seeing Abombination and Wong...

I see now where they are going with this.

I like that they’ve gone for the more traditional look, (though personally if it were me calling the shots I’d go with the modern Alex Ross redesign, that’s pure nightmare fuel).

I’m more cautious about his actual use in the film. If he just shows up as random fodder who gets bodied to make the heroes look good then that’ll suck.

Perhaps the Leader will finally make his appearance in Blade. What does the Leader have to do with Blade? Well what does Abomination have to do with Shang Chi?

I like that they’ve gone for the more traditional look, (though personally if it were me calling the shots I’d go with the modern Alex Ross redesign, that’s pure nightmare fuel).

I’m more cautious about his actual use in the film. If he just shows up as random fodder who gets bodied to make the heroes look good then that’ll suck.

You and I both know... That's prolly the outcome.

That said... I'm getting Dark Avenger/Thunderbolts vibes from just the fact he is onscreen again.

It seems random but nothing is just put into an MCU at this level to just be an Easter egg. Feige has plans to use the characters in the Hulk mythology in some way for the MCU's future is my assumption LordBolton

Blonsky here, Shulkie show, Ross still running around, no mention of Ruffalo leaving the reservation... Even if a Hulk stand alone project isn't on the table his legacy in the MCU is still apparent and present.

Even when/if Mark ages out or feels he is gonna move on I think popularity of the character will demand some kind of project use.

It may not be Mark as Banner but I think we are guaranteed a film where Logan and Jade Jaws go toe to toe.

You and I both know... That's prolly the outcome.

That said... I'm getting Dark Avenger/Thunderbolts vibes from just the fact he is onscreen again.

It seems random but nothing is just put into an MCU at this level to just be an Easter egg. Feige has plans to use the characters in the Hulk mythology in some way for the MCU's future is my assumption LordBolton

Blonsky here, Shulkie show, Ross still running around, no mention of Ruffalo leaving the reservation... Even if a Hulk stand alone project isn't on the table his legacy in the MCU is still apparent and present.

Even when/if Mark ages out or feels he is gonna move on I think popularity of the character will demand some kind of project use.

It may not be Mark as Banner but I think we are guaranteed a film where Logan and Jade Jaws go toe to toe.
Thunderbolts/Dark Avengers is honestly my biggest hope with all of this.

I’ve basically come to terms with the fact that Marvel’s defanged the Hulk when it comes to the drama and real-world relevance the character possesses. And I expect he’ll sort of be the hype-man, expository mouthpiece for Jen’s story going forward and probably nothing greater than that.

But Thunderbolts....well that can be interesting. Seeing Blonsky in that kind of team dynamic, interacting with the likes of Zemo in a more cynical setting it could potentially make for some great moments.

I’d be happy with at least one aspect of the Hulk mythos being taken seriously.

More than likely. They do seem to be setting up the Dark Avengers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"