Abomination is back!

New scene of Wong and Abomination's fight. It's super short but gives you an idea of how Wong will fight Abomination.

Also, where the hell do these low res TV spots come from that end up on random Youtube channels? Are they like exclusive to a specific country or region and then a person from there uploads it? This is the 2nd 30 second spot I've seen that has never been shown on the Marvel YT or Twitter page.

New scene of Wong and Abomination's fight. It's super short but gives you an idea of how Wong will fight Abomination.

Also, where the hell do these low res TV spots come from that end up on random Youtube channels? Are they like exclusive to a specific country or region and then a person from there uploads it? This is the 2nd 30 second spot I've seen that has never been shown on the Marvel YT or Twitter page.

Haha, pretty cool use of that power to get him to hit himself. :D

Glad I didnt see that portal teaser before seeing the film. lol. But his appearance was quite short lived. Would love to have seen the scene be about 2 minutes longer.

What’s everyone think of his new design? I haven’t seen the movie yet but the tv spots/trailers have been too fast paced to get a good look. Does it look like a fluid transformation from TIH or completely different?

I enjoyed his cameo appearance, I just wished it was longer. His redesign is comic book accurate and very classic.

Does he talk at all? And if so, is it Tim Roth?

We'll see him again in She Hulk, so it's not a big deal.

This article didn't make any sense and was very sloppy. Does Jonathan Schwartz work for Marvel or The Direct? It doesn't credit or link the actual Direct interview. The link to ComicBook.com doesn't go to the actual article either.

Also this didn't confirm that Roth played him in Shang-Chi either.

Why pay Tim Roth extra money just to have him grunt and growl? You can pay any working voice actor a fraction of the money for that. Marvel didn't even pay Batista to get him to do one line in What If...?

Shang-Chi Has Major Ties to MCU Past And Future

Here's the actual source of the interview. They just say Tim Roth is returning for She-Hulk and talks about Abomination appearing in Shang-Chi. Doesn't say it was Roth playing him here though.

EDIT:

OK here's an interview with Jonathan Schwartz by Russ Milheim for The Direct where he claims Roth did some "vocalization" for them. I dunno, sounds very vague.

Shang-Chi Producer Confirms Tim Roth's Voice Performance as Hulk Villain Abomination (Exclusive)

Wouldn't surprise me if they just used existing "vocalization" from Incredible Hulk.

Last edited:
The good news is that
Val doesn't recruit him....yet

The good news is that
Val doesn't recruit him....yet

I hope they clarify why Blonsky is where he is and why he's hanging out with Wong and fixing fights in Macau.

Also, why does Wong need the money anyway? "Attachment to the material is detachment from the spiritual."

He looks way better than he did in TIH. It seemed like a fluid transformation to me I dunno. I wasn't expecting much though, I figured he was just a cameo.

I hope they clarify why Blonsky is where he is and why he's hanging out with Wong and fixing fights in Macau.

Also, why does Wong need the money anyway? "Attachment to the material is detachment from the spiritual."
He's needs sandwich money.

Nice cameo but a bit too quick. They showed the best part of the fight in the trailer. Still good to see even older characters still being linked across the MCU (feels like interlinked comics coming alive).

Great cameo but The Abomination seemed a little watered down and puppiefied. A lot of villains or threats have been made into laughs and I dont think it needed to happen here.

I didn’t understand the point of the Abomination vs Wong fight. They never even explained it. It was sort of there, just to be there.

I didn’t understand the point of the Abomination vs Wong fight. They never even explained it. It was sort of there, just to be there.

Agreed, it was pretty much a more glorified version of seeing a Widow vs an Extremis soldier which we also saw in the same movie.

Sure Wong came back at the end, but his earlier appearance was not necessary at all to set that up. As for Abomination, well we know he's coming back. It felt like this appearance was just to remind us in case we didn't know.

I think that was the general point lol. Didn't really have much to do except show that characters that we know of take part in these fight clubs for a good time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"