abortion-where do you stand?

Darthphere said:
I dont get it.

where must you stand to give a woman an abortion?
in all probability.....between her legs.

Mr Sparkle said:

:dry:

Mr Sparkle said:
It would be weird to see a guy suspended from the ceiling like in Mission Impossible, performing an abortion.:huh:

I am for three month time restriction for abortion in the case of rape or incest or things of this nature but not as a form of birth control.

Majik1387 said:
It's not a hypocritical arguement and yes people should be allowed to decide what they want to do with their own bodies.

Seeing as it's still part of the mother's body, it's be up to her on what to do.

Well I don't know who you are so I can't really answer that for you; As for other people, it is up to them to make a decision, despite what you think is right or wrong.

the body of the fetus belongs to the fetus, and I doubt it's suicidal at that point. your saying people should control their own bodies. according to that logic abortion a fetus should be illegal.

and a fetus is not part of the mother's body. it's inside of her body, and it's connected by an embilical cord. late term abortion is murder.

Darthphere said:
Take your ritalin.

when I can't stops fiddling I just takes me ritalin

popeye6.gif

I wish I had an "abortion button", kinda like the easy button on the Staples commericals. If someone makes me mad I would just hit the abortion button and it erases them from existance, nobody remembers them except the mother and she will get over her loss.

redmarvel said:
Yes, I'm for abortion. I do not believe that a woman/girl should be forced to give birth if:

1. She was raped
2. She'll die giving birth
3. The baby will not survive long after birth
4. The baby will live a torturous and painful life after birth

and for many other reasons.

Better that there be legal and safe methods of abortions than to have these females choose illegal, black market or dangerous methods. Better to lose one unformed "life" than to destroy two lives.

We do not live in a fair and just society, nor do we live in a perfect world. If we did then abortions would not be necessary.

It doesn't take nine moths for a women to figure out if she was raped. So it really has no bearing on later term or even second term abortions.
Doctors do not believe that having an abortion ever protects the health of the mother.

If it wont survive long after birth than having an abortion will make it's life even shorter.

the last example is a complicated one, but I don't believe we have the right as a society to make that choice. It's like playing God.

The girl performing her own abortion in back alleys argument is irrelevant to late term abortions as well. If she wanted to have an abortion than she should have gotten it earlier.

Spider-Bite said:
the body of the fetus belongs to the fetus, and I doubt it's suicidal at that point. your saying people should control their own bodies. according to that logic abortion a fetus should be illegal.

and a fetus is not part of the mother's body. it's inside of her body, and it's connected by an embilical cord. late term abortion is murder.
Yep, there's the "My Body, My Choice" thing which is absurd, because an aborted male foetus has a tiny penis, so is that your little wee-wee, lady? :rolleyes:
The time where it's her choice over her body is if she decides to let a man ejaculate inside of her.

I was always against abortion, until one day where my old girlfriend thought she might be pregnant.
Boy, that..."opened up my eyes to the complexities involved"
*rolling eyes at self*

But it's just a fact, if you murder a pregnant woman, and kill the foetus within, they'll charge you with 2 murders, so, if you're for abortion, great, I can understand a lot more than I used to.

But don't be intellectually dishonest with yourselves.
The fact is, you are killing a human when you do it, and how do we decide when a person's life becomes a "precious" thing.

It depends on how WANTED the child is. And that's chilling if you think it through.

the results of this poll really disturb me. I'm one of those liberals who likes to shout it out loudly and proudly, but this is shameful to my party that so many people actually shockingly voted for abortion at any time during the pregnancy. And people actually support the death penalty on a fetus for the crime of a rapist. As a liberal I'm against the death penalty all together.

And I stand and say an embryo is not a human being. I am completely pro-choice at that time. but to defend partial birth abortion? How can people say that or even admit to it? How can they really think that's a good thing and want it legal? How? That is so incredibly wrong and immoral!

Wilhelm-Scream said:
It depends on how WANTED the child is. And that's chilling if you think it through.

well, I seriously think that the first couple of months are a-ok kill away.
but the rest of the time, yeah, that's pretty ****ed.
what about rape victims though? the child didn't rape her, it would still be murder wouldn't it?

Wilhelm-Scream said:
Yep, there's the "My Body, My Choice" thing which is absurd, because an aborted male foetus has a tiny penis, so is that your little wee-wee, lady? :rolleyes:
The time where it's her choice over her body is if she decides to let a man ejaculate inside of her.

I was always against abortion, until one day where my old girlfriend thought she might be pregnant.
Boy, that..."opened up my eyes to the complexities involved"
*rolling eyes at self*

But it's just a fact, if you murder a pregnant woman, and kill the foetus within, they'll charge you with 2 murders, so, if you're for abortion, great, I can understand a lot more than I used to.

But don't be intellectually dishonest with yourselves.
The fact is, you are killing a human when you do it, and how do we decide when a person's life becomes a "precious" thing.

well played my friend:woot:

Yeah, Wilhelm raises a good point I've heard before.

You kill a pregnant woman and you're charged with double homicide.

You abort a child and you walk away freely.

I'm against abortion and the only time I find it acceptable is if the fetus puts its mother's life in danger.

Choose one, for God's sake. The woman should have thought of the consequences before she spread her legs. I'm tired of these inconsiderate teens that think they can just go get laid, then kill the baby and have no stress about it.

Spider-Bite said:
It doesn't take nine moths for a women to figure out if she was raped. So it really has no bearing on later term or even second term abortions.
Doctors do not believe that having an abortion ever protects the health of the mother.

If it wont survive long after birth than having an abortion will make it's life even shorter.

the last example is a complicated one, but I don't believe we have the right as a society to make that choice. It's like playing God.

The girl performing her own abortion in back alleys argument is irrelevant to late term abortions as well. If she wanted to have an abortion than she should have gotten it earlier.

I didn't say 9 months I said 6. And it may take 6 months or more for a girl to admit to herself that (a) she was raped, (b) she is pregnant and (c) if she doesn't want to give birth she will have to have an abortion. There have been cases of women who have given birth who were in such deep denial of being pregnant that even when they saw the baby they denied it was their own.

I'm not sure how good this source is but here's one article I found when searching google for "abortion prevent direct maternal death"

Each year at least a half-million women worldwide die from pregnancy-related causes. Fully 99% of these deaths occur in the Third World, where
complications arising from pregnancy and illegal abortions are the leading
killers of women in their 20s and 30s.

http://www.holysmoke.org/fem/fem0230.htm

Machx72 said:
Yeah, Wilhelm raises a good point I've heard before.

You kill a pregnant woman and you're charged with double homicide.

You abort a child and you walk away freely.

I'm against abortion and the only time I find it acceptable is if the fetus puts its mother's life in danger.

Choose one, for God's sake. The woman should have thought of the consequences before she spread her legs. I'm tired of these inconsiderate teens that think they can just go get laid, then kill the baby and have no stress about it.

My sister was taking "the pill"... None of her doctors warned her that if she caught a cold and took cold medication the pill would not work effectively. She got pregnant (she had also been told earlier by a couple of doctor's that she would probably never get pregnant and if she did get pregnant the baby was unlikely to make it to term - she had some major health problems, she now has 4 children).

Well that's on the doctor, so I see where you're coming from with that. Regardless, sex is a device by nature to allow us to reproduce. Orgasms were just a way of pushing us to want to do it, to keep the life cycles going.

You've got to be ready for a child if you're going to be doing **** like that. I'm 18, and I've been pressured for sex a few times before by exes, and- especially if you've known some of my friends- most people would have succumbed to that under my circumstances. I didn't- granted, I'm not a female- but a close friend of mine got his g/f pregnant because he wasn't thinking when he had sex with her. The baby died before too long, however.

Although I'm not huge on religion, one rule I do follow is waiting until marriage for sex. As marriage SHOULD [although it's just a ring and a ceremony now... nothing more] confirm a couple's readiness to be able to start a family, should they so choose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"