The Rise of Skywalker Adam Driver as Kylo Ren (IX)

With the rumor that Tatooine is going to be in this, and towards the end of the film, I’m going to say that Kylo’s story ends with him going into exile on Tatooine.

This thread isn't getting enough love.
EJvfJ1BWsAILoRz

Driver is one of these movie's brightest sparks. His acting was awesome as always.

Especially

....the scene where he resurrects rey, kisses her, smiles and finally vanishes..... he displayed so many emotions in a small timeframe. A superb actor. He could have done so much more if he was written better

Just saw this horrid movie but Adam yet again was great, trouble is he wasn't given much to do in this one

What he is in the end doesn't mean he was well used throughout the movie

Which he wasn't

I love the small shrug when he gets the lightsaber from Rey while confronting the KOR. It was such a Han Solo thing and such a slight mannerism that it's enough to make you think and see him differently. “THIS is Han Solo’s son. This is Ben Solo...” But i also love the maneuver during his fight where in defense when he has his back to the KOR and crouched with his lightsaber in defense behind him as they attack, and he takes a breathe. He moves more like a Jedi here, more calculating and calm. But also very confident and strong./SPOILER]

I thought Adam Driver's performance was great in this, but the writing was definitely not the best. His turn needed a lot more development IMO, because to me it just didn't feel very earned at all.

His arc
to redemption was nice but JJ completely disregarded it after it happened. It's a shame Rey and Ben couldn't fight Palpatine together, and that all these Ghosts can give Rey a pep talk but never Ben either. His character got shafted. Rey didn't get to mourn him after he died, we never saw her tell anyone else about what he did, and he's not even a ghost at the end.

Adam's performance was amazing - he and Ian gave the best performances in the film.

Just saw this horrid movie but Adam yet again was great, trouble is he wasn't given much to do in this one

We must've seen different films, then. He had a lot to do in the film.

With the rumor that Tatooine is going to be in this, and towards the end of the film, I’m going to say that Kylo’s story ends with him going into exile on Tatooine.
I’m so disappointed that this didn’t happen...

About the ending:
Would have been interesting if Kylo would have lived and Rey died. I like Rey but it would have been interesting way to end the trilogy.

Last edited:
His arc
to redemption was nice but JJ completely disregarded it after it happened. It's a shame Rey and Ben couldn't fight Palpatine together, and that all these Ghosts can give Rey a pep talk but never Ben either. His character got shafted. Rey didn't get to mourn him after he died, we never saw her tell anyone else about what he did, and he's not even a ghost at the end.
Oh my gosh. LMAO! I just realized that! In the end, Ben Solo was the Megan (Family Guy) of the Star Wars universe.

I'm sure if Ben had said something--all the force ghosts would look at him, give a brief pause, and say, "Shut Up Ben."

I have a feeling that Adam physically wasn’t in the movie a lot because of scheduling, which is why he had the mask on for so much. Most of his work was voiceover.

I have a feeling that Adam physically wasn’t in the movie a lot because of scheduling, which is why he had the mask on for so much. Most of his work was voiceover.
I think it's more about JJ wanting a Vader helmet 2.0 again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"