Adulting is Hard: A Hype Survival Guide

When you gain even some level of worldwide recognition -

FINANCIALLY PROTECT YOURSELF.

A film I had released worldwide on notable television networks, which was awesome and surreal. The part I didn’t expect -

My name was out there now as a first time writer. I’m guessing that made me an easy target. “First timer, out of nowhere, this guy likely didn’t think to protect himself that much.”

Out of the blue, someone/s tried to hack into my well-trusted bank accounts and venmo (stating that as to show getting in wasn’t easy). They did so successfully a couple times, I was luckily able to prove fraud. That went on for a couple of months. That never happened before my film premiered and my name was out there.

Now, I have everything fully secured and protected. I hope. Nothing since I took extra precautions, but it might become harder the more my name is out there (unsure).

Message of the story: standard protection isn’t enough once you become even very very semi known. Take steps to extremely protect yourself early on.
Why do people have to be so awful? :( Glad you seem to be okay for now.

that totally sucks @Cap2024 but i think that advice can also be great for anyone

cyber crimes, hacking etc are my soap box issues. they really grind my gears haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"