Agent Carter Agent Carter - S02E06 - "Life of the Party"/ S02E07 - "Monsters"

Damn, thought this was it. So a lot more story to go.

LOL at the delayed response of the blast cannon thing.:hehe: Saw it coming a mile away but it was still fun to see Jarvis have a conniption fit over it.

See, I thought last week's episode was the season low point and that the preview looked good.

And now having seen the last two episodes...it was!

Officer shot, now that's on Peggy too. This entire Dottie thing was a very bad idea.

I mean, she did give asylum to that evil Leviathan scientist last season, believing he was a "prisoner" and not evil. Technically that was on her too.

Great episodes! Glad they toned down they snark and upped the intensity. Whitney seems like a force to be reckoned with and it's nice to see Dottie back.

She's Jewish and she's Hungarian. I don't see how being Jewish somehow would imply she therefore cannot be Hungarian.

It was never said that she's a Hungarian, only that she worked at the hotel tailor shop in Budapest. Doesn't matter anyway. Now she's an American citizen.

Damn, Whitney. Torturing Dottie is one thing, shooting Anna is quite another.

Whitney is messed up in the head. You can't expect her to behave rationally.

I thought both episodes were a solid step up after a disappointing (IMO) episode 5.

Kind of disappointed we didn't get more of Stark, his character was great.

Cooper was probably too busy filming other stuff such as Preacher, Warcraft and Stratton to have a significantly larger role this season.

I mean, she did give asylum to that evil Leviathan scientist last season, believing he was a "prisoner" and not evil. Technically that was on her too.

In that case she along with the rest of the SSR was duped. In this case she knows very well shes dealing with a very dangerous person who's already not only murdered her colleagues and police officers but helped to butcher a theater full of civilians and planned to do the same to a large swatch of NYC.

Actions like this and a willingness to play and fast and loose with the devil if she thinks it can help her case (or Wilkes) makes it more understandable how HYDRA was able to get a huge foothold in SHIELD under her nose.

I know we we supposed to see Jack as the interfering potential bad guy in this episode but here Peggy was in the wrong even as she was saying she was in the right. She's definitely right about the counsel and being dangerous but not in her methods to expose them. Dottie's already injured or killed two people in escape attempts.

Last edited:
let's face it, Peggy gets duped quite easily on this show and can often be a bit of dips**t in her decisions
She's just about the worst spy ever

Peggy is a well rounded character with flaws just like many other Marvel characters. I think she is a good spy. Her flaws are that she is naive and perhaps a little too stubborn at times.

but that's the thing, she's been just far too naive for my tastes a number of times on this show.
I'm not saying she should be perfect, but more competent would be nice.
The way she was portrayed in Cap and the 'Agent Carter' short film were both better representations, I thought

ok, there WAS two shows last night. Thought I was loosing it and lost a week and we jumped to ep7 over 6

A while back in some other threads, some people were complaining about how the show was being too PC....that at that time no big company would have hired a black scientist no matter how good he was, and in showing this they were just coddling people today.....well, Whitney explained why they had hired him. It wasn't out of the goodness of their heart or to be PC before people were PC....it was to exploit him because of how he would feel about them hiring him.

but that's the thing, she's been just far too naive for my tastes a number of times on this show.
I'm not saying she should be perfect, but more competent would be nice.
The way she was portrayed in Cap and the 'Agent Carter' short film were both better representations, I thought

Yeah, and it really makes me wonder how she'll be when she does become a co-founder of SHIELD with Stark and the others.

The way this show is written reminds me a lot of a cop show with Peggy as the cowboy cop than it is a spy drama. But it is supposed to be a spy drama and they refer to the SSR as an intelligence :cwink: agency enough.

Not gonna blame the dead cop on Peggy, as that looks like it was his own damn fault.

The way things are going perhaps Peggy is more pragmatic and guarded by the time she co-founds Shield.

Lots of intense action and excitement in these two episodes. Hayley keeps doing an awesome job as Peggy, and Bridget was terrific as Dottie.

Those were two pretty good episodes. But using Dottie was pretty stupid on Peggy's part. How did she think that would end? Heh.

(not complaining about it from a writing PoV. I'm just saying it was stupid on Peggy's part)

Life of the Party was the weaker of the two episodes. The decision to hire Dottie was idiotic for reasons already stated. I know Rose's mom was sick, but since the fate of the world was at stake they just should've told her to haul her ass back to LA. Furthermore, I don't understand how they lost sight of Dottie once she ditched Jarvis. Wasn't her necklace still working? And why were Peggy and Sousa fretting over his breakup with Violet when they knew Dottie was on the loose? Just stupid.

Monsters was better. There was some real tension and watching Jarvis do a personality 180 upon hearing Ana was in danger was incredible (and maybe a little scary). I liked how the warheads they stole in episode 5 have proven to be important, given how many people thought that was a filler episode. The only thing about it that was terrible was the way Peggy left Dottie unattended. There was nothing she could do to assist Ana at that point. She should've waited outside.

Life of the Party was the weaker of the two episodes. The decision to hire Dottie was idiotic for reasons already stated. I know Rose's mom was sick, but since the fate of the world was at stake they just should've told her to haul her ass back to LA. Furthermore, I don't understand how they lost sight of Dottie once she ditched Jarvis. Wasn't her necklace still working? And why were Peggy and Sousa fretting over his breakup with Violet when they knew Dottie was on the loose? Just stupid.

Monsters was better. There was some real tension and watching Jarvis do a personality 180 upon hearing Ana was in danger was incredible (and maybe a little scary). I liked how the warheads they stole in episode 5 have proven to be important, given how many people thought that was a filler episode. The only thing about it that was terrible was the way Peggy left Dottie unattended. There was nothing she could do to assist Ana at that point. She should've waited outside.

Peggy just needed to do a better job of tying her up. It can be done, Dottie was stuck in that chair for quite some time.

I know Anna is supposed to be Hungarian but WTF is her accent supposed to because um no...

Yeah, her accent has been bothering me all this season, it sounds all over the place. But then again I am no master of accents and dialects.

These double episodes are great.

Peggy took a big risk with Dottie and there were consequences to her actions in Jarvis' wife getting shot and Jason being taken by Frost.

Jarvis freaking out after putting in the wrong set of measurements and him dealing with Dottie at the event was great. Also, when Jarvis was repairing the tracking device saying he picked up a few things working for Stark and Peggy replies "Luckily you didn't pick up the clap," was nearly fell out of seat.

Always stated, but Peggy and Jarvis have great chemistry, their conversation in the car to rescue Dottie is a great example of it.

I really hope Thompson does the right thing because while this is within his character (based on the end of the first season), he still has respect for Peggy and should really be taking her side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"