Agent Carter Agent Carter - S02E03 - "Better Angels"

Silvermoon

Made To Be Ruled
Reaction score
Synopsis:
“Better Angels” – Peggy’s search for the truth about Zero Matter puts her on a collision course with her superiors as Howard Stark barnstorms in, on “Marvel’s Agent Carter,” TUESDAY, JANUARY 26 (9:00-10:00 p.m. EST) on the ABC Television Network.

“Marvel’s Agent Carter” stars Hayley Atwell as Agent Peggy Carter, James D'Arcy as Edwin Jarvis, Enver Gjokaj as Chief Daniel Sousa, Wynn Everett as Whitney Frost, Reggie Austin as Jason Wilkes, and Chad Michael Murray as Chief Jack Thompson.

Guest starring are Currie Graham as Calvin Chadwick, Dominic Cooper as Howard Stark, Kurtwood Smith as Vernon Masters, Chris Browning as Rufus Hunt, Randy Sklar as Kenneth, Walter Roach as rawhide kid, Clayton Norcross as sheriff, Rey Valentin as Agent Vega, Hope Lauren as gorgeous blonde, John Balma as Torrance and Chris Harrison as massive guard.

“Better Angels” was written by Jose Molina and directed by David Platt.
Stills:
13.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

8.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

(more at: http://www.spoilertv.com/2016/01/agent-carter-episode-203-better-angels.html)

Promo Vid:

https://youtu.be/nOCnqMicG3Q

Will they be making a movie about Rawhide Kid in the series? That's pretty cool.
latest
latest

Last edited:
Howard's making a movie about a Kid Colt comic. :D

I like that he's realistic. If it tanks, it's a tax writeoff ;)

I like that Stark is back, always fun when he is around.

Two bricks of Velveeta. :woot:

"Can you fondue with that?"
"You can't do anything with it."

"I don't intend to spend the rest of time as a disembodied voice."

This episode was great. What Whitney Frost did to that dude!! SCIENCE!! Jack is still a #*$%.

Last edited:
This show is just consistently enjoyable. The characters are well fleshed out and the plots are interesting. Really liking this season.

"Can you fondue with that?"
"You can't do anything with it."

Butters tweeted that the actors adlibbed those lines. :woot:

"I don't intend to spend the rest of time as a disembodied voice."

Poor Jarvis

This episode was great. What Whitney Frost did to that dude!! SCIENCE!! Jack is still a #*$%.

I loved Howard teaching a science class. I just love Cooper's Howard period.

Whitney as evil Hedy Lamarr is perfect.

Another great ep, with lots of witty lines, a cool scenario in the club, Jack gonna Jack, and OMG
the director got eated.

So Whitney Frost's real name is Agnes Cully.

Howard Stark has gone full Howard Hughes (who was partly the original inspiration for Tony Stark).

Broxton, Oklahoma name drop. Broxton being the temporary home of the Asgardians when they were on Earth recently in the comics.

I was wondering if Calvin Chadwick was going to become a MCU version of Doctor Spectrum for a minute but I don't see the character going in that direction now.

Loved the episode. They did have quite a bit of meta style easter eggs in it (the comment about comic book movies, Jarvis voicing the security system, the stained glass window that looked quite a bit like the arc reactor)... but I loved it. I was glad Howard was back and I love that Peggy and Jarvis just know him so well (when Peggy takes his drink and does the whole "Come on, who's a good boy"...and the fact that it WORKED :funny:). We also got to see Howard in real full science mode - which is something we haven't really had a chance to full on witness yet (we've only gotten pieces of it before in TFA and barely at all in season 1 due to him being on the run).

May have more comments after I watch it through a second time :)

I did geek out at the historic event of a disembodied JARVIS voice coming from Starks home for the very first time.

Also Starks lab echoing his son's future lab/garage with the memorabilia and glass door entrance

Great episode. Having Howard Stark back was great. He was fantastic in all his scenes, displaying that he's not just a genius with a big ego, but also someone who appreciates and cares about other people of great talent, such as Peggy, Jarvis, and Wilkes. Speaking of Wilkes, his scenes where he's brought back from his invisible state were excellently done.

Also, Whitney Frost is proving to be a great antagonist for this season. She's very compelling and charismatic, with a lot of layers to her character. The season as a whole is really hitting the ground running, and moving the plot forward nicely.

A good episode.
I like the plot for now.
The scenes with Howard and Jarvis/Peggy were funny.

Great episode. This season started slow but things really picked up here.

Loved the episode. They did have quite a bit of meta style easter eggs in it (the comment about comic book movies, Jarvis voicing the security system, the stained glass window that looked quite a bit like the arc reactor)... but I loved it. I was glad Howard was back and I love that Peggy and Jarvis just know him so well (when Peggy takes his drink and does the whole "Come on, who's a good boy"...and the fact that it WORKED :funny:). We also got to see Howard in real full science mode - which is something we haven't really had a chance to full on witness yet (we've only gotten pieces of it before in TFA and barely at all in season 1 due to him being on the run).

Agreed! More coffee! Such a great cast, such a fun show! I'm hoping they combo the seasons into a nice blu Ray with actual extras.

Did anyone see the arc reactor tinted glass in Howard's lab? I've also realized the pin is the sheep's head from AOS.

Haha. Didn't catch the "Jarvis=JARVIS" gag while watching. Love it.

3 excellent episodes IMO. A solid improvement over season 1... which I really liked as well.

We've seen Jarvis in three different forms (D'Arcy original, Bettany voice and Bettany Vision) and all three are fantastic. The Jarvises (Jarvi?) may be my favorite MCU character(s).

This just sunk in. And goes meta-meta-...

When Peggy sarcastically asked whether people were ready for movies made from comics, Howard Stark let her know that Kid Colt was a historical figure. As far as I know, Kid Colt isn't a historical figure... IN OUR UNIVERSE!!!!! So, there was indeed a Kid Colt riding around raising hell at some point in the MCU's history. Even though I haven't read a single Marvel Western comic, all I have to say is... WOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Marvel's Kid BLEEPing Colt (2023)!!! Confirmed! :)

Really good episode. I'm glad Howard was so prominent in it. He, Peggy, and Jarvis have great chemistry. The humor was wonderful as well. My favorite jokes were Jarvis's totally non-intimidating security system and "If you need a sparring partner...I'm sure Mr. Stark will be happy to hire one." :funny: In spite of the humor, the tense scenes still managed to be kinda scary. It's impressive how the show has managed to work Thompson and Souza into the LA move without it feeling contrived.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"