Agent Carter Agent Carter - S01E03 "Time & Tide"

The killer's definitely a woman at least, she's got heels on. You can see them after she shoots the guy in the back of the car.

Think it's the ballerina who just moved in. Leviathan/Russian/Ballerina poss Black Widow?

First, the guy that got killed in the back was not dumb. He could talk

Dumb can also mean stupid. I don't think people really use it to mean mute anymore anyway. Also, we were talking about Krzeminski.

Yeah what is up with that? Everything except for Flash isn't new. What's the deal?

State of the Union address.

Thanks Obama ;)

10922662_420587548096917_1452920290528566145_n.jpg

Oh dear!!!
another easter egg

I'm having a hard time with the look of this show --- with the One-Shot, it had an old-timey look to the sets that fit, but still HD and clear. The action in this show seems blurred and almost like footage lags a bit. And it doesn't look HD at all.

Also, anytime they have a bright glowy Stark weapon around, it's reminiscent of Dr. Who in it's look. A bit cheesy and campy.

Weak episode compared to the first 2. No DD teaser on Direct TV here.

Weak episode compared to the first 2. No DD teaser on Direct TV here.

I have Direct TV as well and I did see the interlocking D's teaser with the start date for the show...no other footage

LOL

I'm not familiar with the earlier Black Widow in Marvel comics...so I figured I'd look her up...and the first one is named Claire Voyant. FINALLY the Agents of SHIELD mystery is truly solved! That blonde chick in the hallway is The Clairvoyant!
the way Marvel has Black Widow is sort of like the different 007 James Bond. there are a lot of them. It's a level of training in a way in Marvel's Russia.
0ywMnO8.jpg

So, Budapest was mentioned again

what's with Budapest?

- Avengers
- Agents of SHIELD
- Agent Carter

Bridget Regan's totally playing a stealth baddie, isn't she?

I would be thrilled if they wrote her the first Black Widow too... And be heartbroken if it turns out it's Lyndsey Fonseca.

That was a really great episode.

Bridget Regan's totally playing a stealth baddie, isn't she?

I would be thrilled if they wrote her the first Black Widow too... And be heartbroken if it turns out it's Lyndsey Fonseca.

That was a really great episode.

I'm hoping it's Angie with maybe Dottie as her red herring sidekick in training. I want Angie to have been the one to blow the whistle on poor Molly in order to get her cohort Dottie into the room next door.

Angie has been so insistent and pushy about this friendship and Peggy moving into that hideous woman's hotel - at times I think verging on emotional blackmail that I prefer to think of her as a duplicitous spy maneuvering Peggy than a needy sad sack/potential stalker.

Another Remarkable Episode. In fact, this third episode may have been better than the first two (which are universally praised).

I love the fact that the series allowed itself a breath. Developing the rest of the SSR as three dimensional characters and fleshing out Jarvis a bit is masterful. Everything was written wonderfully. Peggy using guile is so much more interesting then her using her fighting skills. Yes, it's fun to see her kick ass but they kept it reasonable. Showing her using her skills yet getting outmuscled by a big guy adds believability. Showing that her pride was hurt as she was forced to play the fool was even better. Both add true depth to the character and to the show.

The fact that she was rushing to salvage her pride helps illustrate that she is a flawed hero (The best kind). Having Jarvis talk her down and be the voice of reason was perfect. She has been put in a tough spot right from the start and this series is masterfully playing every angle of that. A lot of things have gone wrong but that's the cards she's been forced to play. Make the best decision possible using the limited resources at your disposal. Again, masterful writing.

I agree on all points.

I think Peggy taking the fall for Jarvis, having to play into their belief she's an incompetent screw up and hurting her chances at gaining respect in the work place might be bravest thing she's done in the series so far. I hurt for her public humiliation and sympathized with her later wanting to have her competence and ability acknowledged.

I really love Peggy as an all out brawler fighter and that she uses everything she can get her hands on to win - from stapler, to stove top burner to lead pipe to Stark's poorly designed back massager (which I hope she kept). I also appreciated that this time they showed her strength and skills weren't enough alone, she needed Jarvis.

Jarvis's interrogation scene was beautifully placed by D'Arcy and there was as much or more tension and suspense in it as any action scene.

Yeah, it's much better than I expected it would be -- very well-made.

I'm pretty sure the assassin is "Dottie." I always liked Bridget Regan.

Interesting!

And I hope that when they give this another season they stick with this eight episode format. It's so well written because these guys write movies. Eight episodes mean they can have everything all mapped out, even the little things.

23 episodes may lead to making things up as they go. Right now, the little nuances are perfect.

I'm hoping it's Angie with maybe Dottie as her red herring sidekick in training. I want Angie to have been the one to blow the whistle on poor Molly in order to get her cohort Dottie into the room next door.

Angie has been so insistent and pushy about this friendship and Peggy moving into that hideous woman's hotel - at times I think verging on emotional blackmail that I prefer to think of her as a duplicitous spy maneuvering Peggy than a needy sad sack/potential stalker.

I hope she becomes Carters side kick. From what she has said she's had a tough background, is an actress and is the only girlfriend Carter has. Can see her being recruited as a Shield member when Carter takes control.

If she does betray her (I think it will be Dottie) it will just show women as back stabbing. Also she knew Carter from before Starks bad babies got stolen.

Keep her loyal and good.

I'm a bit disappointed they killed off Kryzmanski, he was the most interesting out of the male agents.

And I'm also hoping that the new asasion is the original Black Widow.

I hope she becomes Carters side kick. From what she has said she's had a tough background, is an actress and is the only girlfriend Carter has. Can see her being recruited as a Shield member when Carter takes control.

If she does betray her (I think it will be Dottie) it will just show women as back stabbing. Also she knew Carter from before Starks bad babies got stolen.

Keep her loyal and good.

No, it would just show that this particular woman is a spy. I really rather have that be the reason behind some of her behavior the impression I get of a pushy, clingy emotionally manipulative woman. Se could easily have been working at the auto-mat to get an in with Peggy that goes beyond Stark's bad babies. If she really is just a waitress/aspiring actress I don't see anything in her that would make her sidekick or SHIELD material.

No, it would just show that this particular woman is a spy. I really rather have that be the reason behind some of her behavior the impression I get of a pushy, clingy emotionally manipulative woman. Se could easily have been working at the auto-mat to get an in with Peggy that goes beyond Stark's bad babies. If she really is just a waitress/aspiring actress I don't see anything in her that would make her sidekick or SHIELD material.

Maybe. But you would be destroying one of only two leading ladies in the series. I might be biased though as she is hot.

At least Dottie would fit more as the hitman that killed Krzeminsky, as Dottie was approximately as tall as the hitman, whereas Angie was too short.

I'm kinda surprised so many people have Angie already pegged as a spy.I don't see it, and probably would've been surprised if it turned out, but for the rampant speculation around here.

I'm kinda surprised so many people have Angie already pegged as a spy.I don't see it, and probably would've been surprised if it turned out, but for the rampant speculation around here.

I for one don't see her as a baddie. Don't get me wrong I think there will be a lot more to her storyline. But Peggy can't be a woman alone she needs some feminine company and the 40's is so macho it needs two women to slag it off. Jarvis just isn't enough.

I for one don't see her as a baddie. Don't get me wrong I think there will be a lot more to her storyline. But Peggy can't be a woman alone she needs some feminine company and the 40's is so macho it needs two women to slag it off. Jarvis just isn't enough.

Yeah,that's what I think as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"