Agent Carter Agent Carter - S01E06 "A Sin to Err"

I liked this episode and I hope the last two episodes are as good as this one! I like Peggy, the waitress, the evil housemate and the owner of the dorm.

At last, the SSR succeeded where Harry Houdini failed. Beware the power of the SSR. :woot:

You're welcome to your opinion. I might have even agreed with you if you simply treated it as the tiny detail it is rather than some universe-breaking error. But retconning is a such a common practice that I just wonder why this one sticks out to you so much?

Retconning always bothers me when it negates things I've already seen. It annoys the crap out of me in comics as well. The whole "this guy is dead...until he isn't" thing is just bad writing that destroys the drama of the story.

I enjoyed this episode as usual but it felt like a pivot/set up for the last two shows. Everything is in place for two great episodes!

The only thing I didn't like was the Hypno-Russian. That ring twirling hypno-stuff crossed the cheesy line in my book.

I think everyone has a different definition of cheesy. To me cheesy requires humor or at least an attempt at humor so this wasn't cheesy at all. Improbable? Yes, I'd go with that but it didn't bother me. When I think cheesy I thing Raimi's Spider-man franchise which was pretty well steeped in cheesy humor. Or more recently, that super over the top villain Purcell was playing on the Flash. Now that's cheesy.

Well, I mean, Peggy did give them an entire lecture about how there was a female assassin out there, and yet with Dottie and Angie, the agents fall back into the old "they're women, they couldn't possibly be less innocent than they seem" and don't even question either of their stories. And they didn't necessarily have to figure out "Hey, this lady must be the assassin!" but they couldn't lock the building down until they figured out how this highly trained agent just fell into their laps? After all, it was their lack of asking questions and lax attitude that got that other agent killed earlier in the season, you'd think they would have learned their lesson by now.

The funny part to me was how they didn't put anyone on the street outside her window. Those boys weren't thinking.

Of course, it's not just the boys. I can't figure out why Peggy converses with Jarvis in the cafe the way she does. Nothing invites suspicion like two people constantly talking but not facing one another.

What kind of fan site is this any way?

No GIF's of the knockout kiss yet??? :oldrazz:

^Why would we? We all saw it. We know what it looked like.

I'm surprised there isn't a gif up too lol

Anybody else like the WWII era black widow costume they showed during Ivchenko's induction scene?

Great episode this week. I thought Dottie was going to assassinate the doctor but it turned out he was sending her a message. But why did she need a gun then and not just a pair of binoculars?

Great to see Peggy beating all those SSR agents and nice to see Angie helping her. I hope she is a genuine ally.

Great episode again, such a shame we're almost done. Really gonna miss Peggy and Jarvis' adventures in Howard's raspberry truffles, I mean women :p

Peggy getting captured raises an interesting dillema. How do they get her out of this ultimately? Dooley and co are hardly going to let her carry on post-show as if nothing ever happened. She beat up Thompson after all. Maybe Howard realises the need for SHIELD as an autonomous organisation, and that's the end point here.

Russian guy looks like Leviathan himself to me. Feels like a bluff to get into the SSR, and recapture the tech he needs.

All good stuff, can't wait for next week (hopefully not just a primer for the finale...)

I thought episodes 5 and 6 were absolutely fantastic. While I enjoyed the previous episodes (the performances, dialogue, world-building, etc. were all top notch) I thought they were a little meandering, and didn't grip me the way these last two episodes did. I'm now really looking forward to the next couple of episodes.

Also, for the MCU-continuity-obsessed, (I'm a card carrying member :)) this episode gives me hope that the one-shot has not been ousted from the MCU, proper. Yes, I expect things to be cleared up for Peggy by the time all this is sorted out... but she did spy on the SSR and she did some serious harm to a few agents. I think, getting knocked down to Bradley Whitford's group could almost certainly be considered a disciplinary measure.

And if season 2 (fingers crossed) picks up after the one-shot with Peggy in charge of a fledgling SHIELD, with Howard zipping in and out, and Dum Dum and his (expanded) group of Howlers on call for various missions, I'll be over the BLEEPing moon.

Great episode this week. I thought Dottie was going to assassinate the doctor but it turned out he was sending her a message. But why did she need a gun then and not just a pair of binoculars?

Great to see Peggy beating all those SSR agents and nice to see Angie helping her. I hope she is a genuine ally.

Because they wanted you to think that she was going to assassinate him.

Because they wanted you to think that she was going to assassinate him.

Yes, I know that this is what the creators wanted audiences to think, but what was the in-universe explanation for why Dottie needed a gun? No-one else was supposed to see her at the window like that, so why keep up that appearance?

Wasn't she using a light on the scope to flash a signal him? So it wasn't just to see his message.

I also imagine she had the gun as well in case her instruction was (for example) to snipe someone like Dooley right then and there

Thanks but what is the continuity error ( I browsed quickly previous posts but there are too much ).

Thanks but what is the continuity error ( I browsed quickly previous posts but there are too much ).
At the beginning of the one-shot, Peggy is not respected and treated like nothing more than a secretary to her coworkers (much like she was at the beginning of the show) - having not been sent on a mission in the "three months" that she's been there.

So the question becomes, if - in the series - she's gaining the respect of some of her coworkers as well as her coworkers really starting to realize that she knows how to handle herself in a fight (to the point where she could be considered a threat) - why does she appear to be at the bottom of the totem pole at the beginning of the one-shot?

I like the idea that as punishment for doing her own mission in the series (trying to help Stark out) she's reassigned to a different office (where no one knows her) and she's back at square one and that's where she is at the beginning of the one-shot. That's just head-canon (right now) though.

Ultimately, as I've said elsewhere, I think we need to see how the final two episodes play out to see if there continues to be a gap in the continuity or if they tie things off at the end of ep 8 in such a way as to still allow the one-shot to be considered canon.

Ouch! Bummer.

My favorite thing is continuity...editing, and careful writing. Now I understand they probably didn't think AC would be a show when they did the one shot, but still...it's what holds the MCU together so much better than in the comics. No more reboots, lets build a working universe that actually makes sense (continuity wise).

Even still though, I gotta consider this a very minor bump, as the one shot wasn't too heavily seen...

At the beginning of the one-shot, Peggy is not respected and treated like nothing more than a secretary to her coworkers (much like she was at the beginning of the show) - having not been sent on a mission in the "three months" that she's been there.

So the question becomes, if - in the series - she's gaining the respect of some of her coworkers as well as her coworkers really starting to realize that she knows how to handle herself in a fight (to the point where she could be considered a threat) - why does she appear to be at the bottom of the totem pole at the beginning of the one-shot?

I like the idea that as punishment for doing her own mission in the series (trying to help Stark out) she's reassigned to a different office (where no one knows her) and she's back at square one and that's where she is at the beginning of the one-shot. That's just head-canon (right now) though.

Ultimately, as I've said elsewhere, I think we need to see how the final two episodes play out to see if there continues to be a gap in the continuity or if they tie things off at the end of ep 8 in such a way as to still allow the one-shot to be considered canon.

You could also go the route of the people she works with currently moving on or dying. The people they get to replace them will have had no connection to Peggy and she will once again be treated poorly. There are a number of ways they can fix that very minor issue.

Ep.6 - A Sin to Err Review:
http://otlnews.net/2015/02/10/agent-carter-review-s1-ep-6-a-sin-to-err/

Maybe the one shot is old and demented Peggy's fading memories of her time in the SSR and SHIELD, which are not always accurate with the details. That would be one way of explaining it if too many continuity errors arise.

So the One-Shot is a quick recollection of what happened, like an overview, but with some details fudged, while Agent Carter is what actually happened.

The One Shot was basically a proof of concept. It was to show that Peggy was a viable character and that Hayley could carry any stories associated with her. People shouldn't twist themselves into pretzels trying to figure out how it fits in the continuity. Agent Carter is the only continuity anyone need concern themselves with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"