Agent Carter Agent Carter S02E08 "The Edge of Mystery" / S02E09 "A Little Song and Dance"

Silvermoon

Made To Be Ruled
Reaction score
Another 2 hour/double episode:

Episode 8 Synopsis
AGENT PEGGY CARTER MAKES A DEADLY DEAL WITH THE ENEMY, ON “MARVEL’S AGENT CARTER” ON ABC

“The Edge of Mystery” – Peggy and Sousa propose a trade with Whitney Frost, while the SSR gets help from Howard Stark that may be the key to eliminating Zero Matter, on “Marvel’s Agent Carter,” TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 23 (9:00-10:00 p.m. EST) on the ABC Television Network.

“Marvel’s Agent Carter” stars Hayley Atwell as Agent Peggy Carter, James D’Arcy as Edwin Jarvis, Enver Gjokaj as Chief Daniel Sousa, Wynn Everett as Whitney Frost, Reggie Austin as Jason Wilkes and Chad Michael Murray as Chief Jack Thompson.

Guest starring are Lotte Verbeek as Ana Jarvis, Lesley Boone as Rose, Rey Valentin as Agent Vega, Kurtwood Smith as Vernon Masters, Brian Glanney as Agent Ford, Ken Marino as Joseph Manfredi, Tina D’Marco as Nonna, Matt Braunger as Dr. Samberly, Tom T. Choi as Doctor Chung, Russell Edge as Agent Blackwell, Tim Brown as snub-nose and Damian O’Hare as Nick Driscoll.

“The Edge of Mystery” was written by Brant Englestein and directed by Metin Huseyin.

Episode 9 Synopsis
PEGGY FACES SHOCKING BETRAYALS AS SHE CLOSES IN ON WHITNEY FROST, ON “MARVEL’S AGENT CARTER” ON ABC

Lyndsy Fonseca Guest Stars as Angie Martinelli, and the Episode Includes a Dance Number Featuring the Show’s Cast and “Dancing with the Stars” Dancers Louis van Amstel, Dmitry Chaplin, Damian Whitewood, Sasha Farber, Anna Trebunskaya and Karina Smirnoff

“A Little Song and Dance” – Peggy desperately tries to save Dr. Wilkes with a dangerous plan to stop Whitney Frost. But Thompson makes a surprising move that could destroy them all, on “Marvel’s Agent Carter,” TUESDAY, February 23 (10:00-11:00 p.m. EST) on the ABC Television Network.

“Marvel’s Agent Carter” stars Hayley Atwell as Agent Peggy Carter, James D’Arcy as Edwin Jarvis, Enver Gjokaj as Chief Daniel Sousa, Wynn Everett as Whitney Frost, Reggie Austin as Jason Wilkes and Chad Michael Murray as Chief Jack Thompson.

Guest starring are Lotte Verbeek as Ana Jarvis, Lesley Boone as Rose, Bridget Regan as Dottie Underwood, Rey Valentin as Agent Vega, Kurtwood Smith as Vernon Masters, Ken Marino as Joseph Manfredi, Matt Braunger as Dr. Samberly, Max Brown as Michael Carter, Tim Soergel as Paul, Bert Rotundo as Ralph, Lyndsy Fonseca as Angie Martinelli, Lon Gowan as truck driver and Russell Edge as Agent Blackwell.

“A Little Song and Dance” was written by Michele Fazekas and Tara Butters with teleplay by Chris Dingess and directed by Jennifer Getzinger.

Promo:

https://youtu.be/2ppbLz4cFGk

What's up with the double episodes? I didn't know anything about it going into last night.

What's up with the double episodes? I didn't know anything about it going into last night.
As I said in the general discussion thread, I think part of it has to do with the schedule shift that happened with the President's State of the Union occurring a little bit earlier than it has in the past and (because of that) ABC deciding to not air the premiere until the week after that address. Add to that the fact that Agents of SHIELD was already slated to return on March 8th. So if they wanted/needed to keep that date for AOS (for example - to ensure that any tie in for Civil War falls in it's proper place), then for AC it means fitting 10 episodes into a 7 week period

As I said in the general discussion thread, I think part of it has to do with the schedule shift that happened with the President's State of the Union occurring a little bit earlier than it has in the past and (because of that) ABC deciding to not air the premiere until the week after that address. Add to that the fact that Agents of SHIELD was already slated to return on March 8th. So if they wanted/needed to keep that date for AOS (for example - to ensure that any tie in for Civil War falls in it's proper place), then for AC it means fitting 10 episodes into a 7 week period
I think this is pretty much it. They were probably planning on only having 2 double episode weeks, but the scheduling of the SOTU forced them to need 3 weeks of double episodes.

WTH, another doubler? sheesh it's like watching netflix all of a sudden! lol

It felt like last season Jack had some redeeming qualities. I'm wondering if those have all gone away.

ETA: God that's sad :(

Last edited:
Best and funniest line of the night

Cb8oENbUUAEtyCJ.jpg

This is a weird start to the episode, that's for sure...

Dream musical numbers with people who can't really sing. We may have jumped the shark. :o

Still, it might not be so bad if it wasn't done around this completely flaccid energy sucking triangle.

Last edited:
A musical number where Agent Carter's imagination conjures up the people she cares about...including people who are dead...and yet Captain America makes no appearance.

A musical number where Agent Carter's imagination conjures up the people she cares about...including people who are dead...and yet Captain America makes no appearance.

Ridiculous but I guess her dreams just aren't budgeted for Chris Evans.

Jarvis is right. Peggy is responsible for everything that came out of her moronic dangerous criminal choice to release and then save Dottie Underwood and now she's playing the martyr to Jarvis. She's right about some of the things she's said about him, thinking of this as an adventure but she's also been wrong about things like Dottie her using civilian Jarvis if she knew he was helping for the wrong reasons. I love Peggy but enough of everyone acting as if she can do no wrong. I hate that Jarvis is now the one apologizing to Peggy.

Last edited:
So odd when Menfredi is the level headed one in this relationship. :woot:

Even odder Jack has now become the voice of reason of SSR.

Strange days indeed.

OK, Jack as the voice of reason didn't last too long. The Council really?

Nope, another cross. It's a bomb.

Last edited:
Both episodes were preempted by severe storms in my area. :( Would anyone mind posting cliff notes?

Peggy's officially an idiot. I can't believe shes making Thompson look good this season.

I'm with Jack here...there is no reason at all to allow the Zero Matter to remain in a populated area when the push of a button will stop it, and everyone who would be impacted is guilty anyway. This refusal to stop people who are trying to kill millions is just insane.

I was not a fan of the first season...but this season is making me hate the Agent Carter character.

The mad doctor does not deserve Peggy's help. Maybe she has been hit in the head too many times and lost brain cells.

Jason made his choice - several times over - and Whitney has already murdered and is willing to murder more as is Vernon. So far all shes done is enable other psychos so they can kill again. Sousa is just as bad because he's too gone over her.

The mad doctor does not deserve Peggy's help. Maybe she has been hit in the head too many times and lost brain cells.

She feels guilty because he's yet another civilian she dragged in to help and he was exposed and mutated because of it.

Still, she's lost all perspective. I think having Thompson around this episode showed that what's been missing is someone who stands up to her, even if he's too often a self serving weasel he's not going to rubber stamp everything she says like Sousa, Jarvis, Rose et al.

Last edited:
Yeah, my antenna went out for a bit and I was a little lost on the second episode....but other than that, I had more trouble understanding some of the Dark matter stuff.

What was the importance of Wilkes going into the rift and then just being uncontrollable with his 'powers' at the end? Or am I not supposed to know?

The problem is that we, the viewers are ALSO supposed to be rubber stamping her ideas. At least...I'm assuming that we aren't supposed to think that the title character is a dangerously stupid agent who keeps risking the fate of gthe entire world for her own personal reasons.

Also...the Angie character (who dreamed of being an actress) was one of the few things I liked about the first season. When I heard that this season was about Peggy relocating to Lo Angeles where Stark owned a movie studio, I expected to see Angie getting involved in more capers. Instead, between seasons 1 and 2, Peggy apparently never bothered to help Peggy get work in a Stark film, so the only time she's shown is in a song and dance number inside Peggy's imagination. Peggy is a terrible friend.

Yeah, my antenna went out for a bit and I was a little lost on the second episode....but other than that, I had more trouble understanding some of the Dark matter stuff.

What was the importance of Wilkes going into the rift and then just being uncontrollable with his 'powers' at the end? Or am I not supposed to know?

Don't worry about it. Nothing this show or the earlier Agents of SHIELD episode did with Darkforce will have ANY impact on Doctor Strange or any other movie use of it. That's why it's called Zero Matter...because it Matters Zero to the movies.

But to answer your question...we don't really know why/how Wilkes is back in our world after being sucked into the other realm...maybe the ray beam that they shot interrupted him getting fully absorbed into it or something...but basically he has so much Zero Matter inside him that he was unable to control it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"