Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - 4x12 - "Hot Potato Soup" - Discussion Thread

To be honest, I think The Avengers know he is alive. Sif knows and she said that Thor would be happy to know.
And Coulson is more public recently, so Tony Stark and so on will know for sure.

wouldn't that mean Loki would know about Coulson still being alive as well, since he took Odin's place on the throne in Asgard.

To be honest, I think The Avengers know he is alive. Sif knows and she said that Thor would be happy to know.
And Coulson is more public recently, so Tony Stark and so on will know for sure.

The Avengers don't exist anymore.

Coulson asked Sif NOT to tell Thor that he's alive. Why would she do otherwise?

Was Coulson's name actually mentioned somewhere on national news? Or was it more like "Senator Nadeer concerned about the federal agencies overstepping their jurisdiction. Two S.H.I.E.L.D. agents allegedly caught breaking into the Senator's office."

wouldn't that mean Loki would know about Coulson still being alive as well, since he took Odin's place on the throne in Asgard.

How would Loki know?

The Avengers don't exist anymore.

Coulson asked Sif NOT to tell Thor that he's alive. Why would she do otherwise?

Was Coulson's name actually mentioned somewhere on national news? Or was it more like "Senator Nadeer concerned about the federal agencies overstepping their jurisdiction. Two S.H.I.E.L.D. agents allegedly caught breaking into the Senator's office."

How would Loki know?

from Sif telling Thor about Coulson being alive

I'm here from the soon to be defunct IMDB boards. It is nice to see a centralized place for fan discussion. Thanks Silvermoon for the recommendation!

That said, there was a lot of LOLing about the Koenigs by me during that episode. The fact that their sister is the one that keeps them all in line was great.

Thanks Silvermoon for the recommendation!
You're welcome VT. Hope you enjoy it here :)

I also loved the Koenigs in this episode. I'm actually glad that they ended up NOT being LMDs (like so many thought at the beginning of the series). Them being a set of quadruplets that are a bit wacky...and (as you said) with a sister that keeps them in line, I really enjoyed :)

from Sif telling Thor about Coulson being alive

The guy just pointed out that in her first appearance on AoS Coulson said not to tell Thor he's alive, saying he' rather be the one to tell Thor himself. Personally I always found it tough to believe that Sif recognized him to begin with.

Really as long as Coulson doesn't go on national tv I can buy the Avengers not knowing. Even if they did find out there's no reason for them to shoehorn in a reference in the films; it would be out of place, inorganic, and only be fan service. Plus I feel any interaction or reference with the Avengers should happen on AoS and not in an Avenger film. Be less confusing for fans who never saw AoS and would not feel out of place.

I must say that I don't really like what they decided on for the Koenig reveal. If it's going to be quadruplets, then give us some hints into that direction during the episode and not a bunchload of hints towards "they're LMDs". Soo many hints. They all just fall flat and leave me with a bad taste afterwards because normal siblings seems boring in comparison. If they had told the episode in a different way and focused more on the human side of the Koenigs instead of the humerous one, it would have had a different impact.
Also, at this point four years into the show the "Hey, here is this important SHIELD agent none of you has met before" trope seems lazy. The oldest sister had to be a SHIELD agent too, because... reasons?

I really liked Radcliffe, AIDA and the Superior in this episode though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"