• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents of SHIELD - Episode 2.20 - "Scars"

Gday

Asgardians are if not immortal then very old. Thousands of years. They have had many dealings with Earth over the centuries. Plenty of time and opportunity to learn English.
Ralph

Yes, I'm sure they could have learned, but would they? Is English really so important to be a common knowledge on Asgard? But it's a minor issue, as long as the movies are fun. :)

YourNameHere said:
Hello everyone. I don't want to jump into this elaborate discussion. I just want to share one thing I am a little confused about. There has been a debate whether SHIELD - since its fall as a big international organisation - has some jurisdiction or is just a group of well organised vigilantes. In other words, whether it has support of government(s) (I find it kinda funny to imagine government in my country in this context, but that's just a side note).Someone pointed out correctly, that it needs to have some support, because some funds Fury hid might be enough to run a base with a few dozen people for some time, but hardly anything bigger - and you can't fuel a hellicarrier with righteousness and enthusiasm. :)
Hello. The Helicarrier has some sort of reactor. The aircraft carrier too. They may have had enough fuel (not in the combustion sense) for a year. Still, funding is needed for many operations, so someone (governments, probably) is paying the bills. Plus, SHIELD launched an airstrike on Hydra's base unopposed by anyone but Hydra, and SHIELD quinjets flew all the way from the Playground to Afterlife - probably through American and Chinese airspace - unchallenged and without cloaking. That clearly indicates support.
YourNameHere said:
So let's say it's obvious that SHIELD even in it's current form must be backed by some government. But I find it very unlikely that both recently rival fractions had this support and if only one had it, than the whole question who is the true SHIELD would be solved v! ery easily...
Talbot knows about Coulson's group. But it's not been specified who the official SHIELD is, or was. I don't understand why Coulson would accept the other group if they were completely rogue, but on the other hand, Coulson's group had some support too. It's rather murky.

*posted in wrong thread whoops!*

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"