Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents Of SHIELD - Episode2.19 - The Dirty Half Dozen

Humbugged

Civilian
Reaction score
"The Dirty Half Dozen" - Gonzales and Coulson must find a way to put their differences aside and work together against Hydra, even if it means teaming up with someone they don't trust, on "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.," Tuesday, April 28 (9:00-10:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

"Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." stars Clark Gregg as Director Phil Coulson, Ming-Na Wen as Agent Melinda May, Brett Dalton as Grant Ward, Chloe Bennet as Agent Skye, Iain De Caestecker as Agent Leo Fitz, Elizabeth Henstridge as Agent Jemma Simmons, Nick Blood as Lance Hunter and Adrianne Palicki as Bobbi Morse.

Guest starring are Henry Simmons as Alphonso "Mack" Mackenzie, Ruth Negga as Raina, Henry Goodman as Dr. List, J. August Richards as Deathlok/Mike Peterson, Kyle Maclachlan as Cal, Edward James Olmos as Robert Gonzales, Jamie Harris as Gordon, Christine Adams as Agent Weaver, Mark Allan Stewart as Agent Oliver, Maya Stojan as Kara/Agent 33, Dichen Lachman as Jiaying, Luke Mitchell as Lincoln Campbell and Chad Cleven as Hydra tac agent.

"The Dirty Half Dozen" was written by Brent Fletcher & Drew Z. Greenberg and directed by Kevin Tancharoen.

ULTRON cometh

We don't know for sure that the episode takes place during the Age of Ultron until a preview airs.

Remember, the episode that took place during the events of The Winter Soldier (Turn, Turn, Turn) aired on April 8th, four days after the Winter Soldier was released.

Only a matter of time before the inevitable "forced team-up" situation arose with Coulson and Gonzales' SHIELD factions.

you know a betrayal is coming. it's either gonzales or Mike Peterson. My money-and my 'big mouth" are on Gonzales.

Ward will betray them again. Gonzales and Peterson are loyal S.H.I.E.L.D. agents.

Ward will betray them again. Gonzales and Peterson are loyal S.H.I.E.L.D. agents.

Wasn't Ward a 'loyal' shield agent. the thing with betrayals is you never see them coming.

Having said that -who could be the next big betrayal. since i want to give the benefit of the doubt to all the regulars-i like them all- my choices left are Gonzales or Mike Peterson.

Gonzales is Hydra- the next betrayal

A SHIELD Agent revealed to be secretly HYDRA... been there, done that? Just because all HYDRA agents are villains it doesn't mean that all villains (or, in this case, adversaries) are HYDRA agents.

Ok, not all HYDRA agents are villains, Bob does it for the steady job and dental plan, but he doesn't exist in the MCU. (yet?) :woot:

Ward will betray them again.

Been there, done that? I don't think any story development could be more unsurprising as this one. Heck, I'm inclined to believe Coulson would actually try to do that first to Ward as a preventive measure, provided it doesn't put Ward's life at risk.

Last edited:
A SHIELD Agent revealed to be secretly HYDRA... been there, done that? Just because all HYDRA agents are villains it doesn't mean that all villains (or, in this case, adversaries) are HYDRA agents.

Ok, not all HYDRA agents are villains, Bob does it for the steady job and dental plan, but he doesn't exist in the MCU. (yet?) :woot:

Been there, done that? I don't think any story development could be more unsurprising as this one. Heck, I'm inclined to believe Coulson would actually try to do that first to Ward as a preventive measure, provided it doesn't put Ward's life at risk.

assuming there will be another betrayal-which i think-maybe Gonzalez will be the 'reverse flash'. Oh wait wrong series-this is AOS- what kind of betrayal choices do you have. I suppose Coulson consulting May's ex-husband is a betrayal.

A shield agent secretly being-1. a yankees fan 2.a closet 'drunk'. 3.A pedophile. What choices for betrayals do you have within the show's parameters

Last edited:
assuming there will be another betrayal-which i think-maybe Gonzalez will be the 'reverse flash'. Oh wait wrong series-this is AOS- what kind of betrayal choices do you have. I suppose Coulson consulting May's ex-husband is a betrayal.

A shield agent secretly being-1. a yankees fan 2.a closet 'drunk'. 3.A pedophile. What choices for betrayals do you have within the show's parameters

No, you got it all wrong. Gonzales is the Reverse Coulson.

dQ8QGFM.jpg

Last edited:

First, we already had betrayals this season from Bobbi and Mack. Second, too many betrayals and their impact is dilluted. Third, if they don't resonate among the characters then more often than not they're simply superfluous to the story - what drama can come from a betrayal from Ward, Bobbi, Mack or Gonzales, characters Coulson's team doesn't trust all that much or not at all? If they want to do yet another betrayal this season it necessarily has to come from someone who hasn't done it yet, like Lincoln or Gordon.

Gonzalez and NuShield are loyal Shield agents that attacked Coulson's base and tried to gun down Skye. Gonzalez called Skye a "thing." Gonzalez never even bothered talking to Coulson. He planted spies in Coulson's team. Also, they act as if their Shield is the one true Shield. Kind of like, their faith is the one true faith. The guys are fanatics who think their democracy(mob rule) is so much better than one director running Shield. So long as they come to a majority vote on killing Skye, everything is peachy.

the truth is -although i think Gonzales will turn out to be Hydra-who knows. at he end of the season i will admit i was wrong

The fact that Gonzales is obsessed with taking down Coulson and ignoring HYDRA for the most part will be his downfall. We'll see when this episode airs.

The fact that Gonzales is obsessed with taking down Coulson and ignoring HYDRA for the most part will be his downfall. We'll see when this episode airs.

wouldn't somebody who's obsessed with taking down Coulson and ignoring hydra possibly be Hydra.

wouldn't somebody who's obsessed with taking down Coulson and ignoring hydra possibly be Hydra.

Possibly, but not necessarily, and quite frankly it'd be rather repetitive if everyone against Coulson and SHIELD was HYDRA.

Truthfully, I'm inclined to believe he's every bit as respectable, honorable and good as Coulson says he is. Yet, he does have an incredible prejudice against the gifted. The reason we don't know yet, but I'm starting to think that's why we're getting the story of "The Cavalry" this tuesday - it interwines rather heavily with Gonzales's motivations. With Coulson mentioning in "One Door Closes" that Gonzales dropped SHIELD for a while when his wife passed and then came back with a vengeance and Gonzales seemingly displaying an incredible knowledge about the tragedy of Bahrein to May in "Afterlife" I wouldn't be surprised to find out that the gifted of that incident killed Mrs. Gonzales.

Last edited:
Possibly, but not necessarily, and quite frankly it'd be rather repetitive if everyone against Coulson and SHIELD was HYDRA.

Truthfully, I'm inclined to believe he's every bit as respectable, honorable and good as Coulson says he is. Yet, he does have an incredible prejudice against the gifted. The reason we don't know yet, but I'm starting to think that's why we're getting the story of "The Cavalry" this tuesday - it interwines rather heavily with Gonzales's motivations. With Coulson mentioning in "One Door Closes" that Gonzales dropped SHIELD for a while when his wife passed and then came back with a vengeance and Gonzales seemingly displaying an incredible knowledge about the tragedy of Bahrein to May in "Afterlife" I wouldn't be surprised to find out that the gifted of that incident killed Mrs. Gonzales.
maybe Gonzales wife is not dead and Hydra is keeping her alive and coercing him.

1. Gonzalez is doing this because he really believes coulson is wrong.
2.h
e's doing it because he's been brainwashed using hydra techniques

3 he's doing it because he's hydra

maybe Gonzales wife is not dead and Hydra is keeping her alive and coercing him.

1. Gonzalez is doing this because he really believes coulson is wrong.
2.h
e's doing it because he's been brainwashed using hydra techniques

3 he's doing it because he's hydra

Buddy the dog is Hydra, and he's the REAL Clairevoyant. Thomas Nash is also Gonzales.

First, we already had betrayals this season from Bobbi and Mack.

They didn't betray anyone. Their boss is Gonzales, not Coulson.

Gonzalez and NuShield are loyal Shield agents that attacked Coulson's base and tried to gun down Skye.

From Gonzales' point of view, they've stopped a dangerous lunatic who has access to dangerous secrets that could destroy the entire humanity.

Never heard about three-sided conflicts?

They didn't betray anyone. Their boss is Gonzales, not Coulson.

And i've already said that by this logic Ward also didn't betray anyone either as his boss was Garrett not Coulson. We now that's not ****ing true.

From Gonzales' point of view, they've stopped a dangerous lunatic who has access to dangerous secrets that could destroy the entire humanity.

Dangerous Lunatic? Hardly. Coulson is rational, reasonable, and coherent. Maybe they think the alien blood is still somehow influencing him, but Bobbi said it herself that Coulson is reasonable. Gonzales makes many false assumptions about Coulson. One of those assumptions is that he knows Coulson. Coulson was quick to correct Gonzales about that. It makes me wonder if Gonzales has a hidden agenda because of this.

TBH, the idea that Coulson could be compromised is a valid point which should be addressed. One thing I can't get over is the rampant paranoia about "powered people." Calderon tried to murder Skye, and Gonzales supported him. He also called Skye a "thing" twice and called her "Coulson's powered pet." Gonzales is straight up hostile with that kind of rhetoric.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"