Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. agents-of-shield-renewed-season-5

I read somewhere AoS is high up on the DVR and On Demand lists but lower on the live views. That could be another reason they're getting another season

I know i haven't been able to see it on tv so I've been watching it on hulu all season.

Season 4 - ghost rider, lmd, darkhold, madam hydra, modok, if season 5 keeps the same momentum its gonna be an epic final season.

knowing past 4 seasons, we know that they will bring Hydra and Ward back again for Season 5

Is anyone really surprised?
You guys really believe that "the show is doomed" every time, it's been years now, and are always surprised when it gets the new season order.

Wish list -
Deathlok
Kree's (Vin-Tak, Accuser Corps, etc)
Asgardians (Professor Elliot Randolph, Sif etc)
Elsa Bloodstone
Werewolf by night.

Have another mix of horror, sci fi and fantasy.

My wish list is to Give Graviton a shot...the seed was planted in season 1
The rest is tie in some other MCU characters....doesnt matter who...
Tie into the movies like season 1 and 2.... Cap Winter Soldier (BEST MCU Movie EVER imo) set the Shield bar so high
I'd like to see someone mention from this MCU the they know already that son of Coul is alive

Yeah, I'd like to see them go full circle and bring back the character. They should probably bring back Blizzard too.

I know she's busy with Blindspot, but I'd really love it if they could get Jaimie Alexander to come back to film an episode around the time of Thor: Ragnarok. If not, Lorelei wouldn't be a bad choice. Try to make a legitimately tied-in episode again rather than the thematic ties of last season (although last season has been very strong overall).

I think a shorter season is better. One of the problems with U.S. Series is that that they generally tend to go for 22-episode runs and it can result in things being unnecessarily stretched out.

Having said that, I don't think Agents of SHIELD has that problem. I just think the U.S. should follow my country's (UK) more successful format of between six and thirteen episodes per series/season. It allows for a tighter story arc and reduces the danger of stagnation.

If not this format, then they should do more U.S. dramas like Season 4's three-serial structure (Ghost Rider/LMD/Framework). In the UK we're only just about to enter the Framework storyline but so far these mini arcs have added a breath of fresh air to the show.

I prefer the three-arc structure instead of shorter seasons. They're effectively like three seasons anyway, but it's on air for longer. I don't like it when these shows run out part way through the year and they're not around to watch. With the three-arcs, the stories aren't stretched out unnecessarily. AOS managed to integrate plots from each of the previous arcs. Ghost Rider coming back in the final episode doesn't feel like something stretched out from early on in the season.

I think all shows could benefit from following the example of AOS. This has led to tighter storylines but also not feeling like the show is barely on before it's over. It's the best of both worlds.

I prefer the three-arc structure instead of shorter seasons. They're effectively like three seasons anyway, but it's on air for longer. I don't like it when these shows run out part way through the year and they're not around to watch. With the three-arcs, the stories aren't stretched out unnecessarily. AOS managed to integrate plots from each of the previous arcs. Ghost Rider coming back in the final episode doesn't feel like something stretched out from early on in the season.

I think all shows could benefit from following the example of AOS. This has led to tighter storylines but also not feeling like the show is barely on before it's over. It's the best of both worlds.

Agreed, the multi-arc seasons are definitely one of my favorite things about AOS. I'd love it if the DC shows i.e. Arrow would start doing the same. It has helped AOS's arcs extremely, keeping them short enough that they don't drag on but also keeping them interesting–and, ultimately, the arcs usually end up being tied together for an overall season-long story anyway, it just feels like 2-3 different stories. I love it.

I don't mind either, although I prefer it when shows end sooner because they leave you wanting more rather than thinking 'Oh, it's STILL on...'.

Having said that, I don't think Agents of SHIELD has ever had the pacing problems many U.S. dramas tend to have by trying to fill 22 episodes. I like the three arc structure too; it's an ingenious idea and I wish more U.S. dramas would follow it if they really need all those episodes.

When you look at our dramas here in the UK with the fewer episodes they tend to have tighter plotting and stronger characterisation, because they have so little time on air that they can't afford to waste it. That's why we have many hit dramas such as Doctor Who, Sherlock, Downton Abbey (even if I personally don't like it) and Broadchurch.

I live in the UK but don't watch any English TV.

I prefer more episodes, otherwise there's nothing to watch half the year because it would all run out. But the three arc structure allows for tighter plotting and fewer filler episodes. This season of AOS didn't really have any, if I recall correctly. Certainly the last arc didn't, as every episode was vital to the plot.

I'm trying to figure when it'll start. January is typical for a midseason replacement, but it'll go long if that's the case. I think it might be immediately when Inhumans ends, which will be November or December and it'll break for the holidays.

Obviously January. If one of ABC's new shows flop hard again. I can see Aos going back to Tuesday 10pm or get the Sunday 10pm/Monday 10pm timeslot.

The Friday timeslot is such a death trap :( I'll never get to watch it live now.

My wish list is to Give Graviton a shot...the seed was planted in season 1
The rest is tie in some other MCU characters....doesnt matter who...
Tie into the movies like season 1 and 2.... Cap Winter Soldier (BEST MCU Movie EVER imo) set the Shield bar so high
I'd like to see someone mention from this MCU the they know already that son of Coul is alive

Graviton, Blackout, Blizzard & Absorbing Man any would do! Graviton the most.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"