Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Marvel's Agents of SHIELD 5x18 "All Roads Lead" Discussion Thread

But they are part of the other show. They've referenced each other and the producers have said they're part of another show. I'm trying to figure out the mechanism for changing that.

Alternate realities can still have identical coincidental events that are the same across the different worlds.

Is it just someone on the internet who isn't connected with the show says "now they're not" or is more required?

It's just a thought experiment. No one is trying to restructure the MCU/MtvU. It's just a bit of fun.

And they've gone to space, twice, the future, a computer created reality, & had another dimension bleeding into this one. So it's not like there isn't precident. The show does seem to revinvent itself each season. It'd be interesting. But no, not necessary, IMO.

@Heretic:
Fitz has no business leading SHIELD. He is partially Hydra agent/psycho doctor in his mind.

As much as I love Fitz, I have to agree. Unless one thinks that being able to "go there" is a requirement to lead. Fury is hardly a paragon a virtue. But SHIELD needs to not do that anymore.

Fitz has no business leading SHIELD. He is partially Hydra agent/psycho doctor in his mind.

But yeah...the "Daisy runs it" thin hasn't been earned. They botched that Secret Warriors thing really bad and it could have laid some ground work.

Your not wrong, but I would still think he's better to lead a team from a technical pov. Daisy isn't exactly perfect herself. She's had her own moments of weakness with Hive.
And they've gone to space, twice, the future, a computer created reality, & had another dimension bleeding into this one. So it's not like there isn't precident. The show does seem to revinvent itself each season. It'd be interesting. But no, not necessary, IMO.

@Heretic:

As much as I love Fitz, I have to agree. Unless one thinks that being able to "go there" is a requirement to lead. Fury is hardly a paragon a virtue. But SHIELD needs to not do that anymore.

Yea the Nick Fury comparison is on point. "Bad Fitz" does the necessary jobs that may be morally grey but leads to positive results.

I'd love to see him lead some kind of black ops team or something.

I want more Fitz/Hunter/Coulson adventures. They are hilarious together.

Now would be a better time then any to announce the tv shows are in separate universes.

Infinity War Spoilers...

Haha Infinity War just made the MtvU even more complicated.
Is the AoS cast to be half full next season?
How are the Netflix shows going to explain half the cast disappearing. Or are Danny, Matt, Luke and Jessica the lucky one that ALL stayed?!

I'm still a bit vague, but I'll err on the side of caution with spoilers.

The Netflix shows are not caught up to the present day anyway. They've always taken place in the past. Certainly, everything up to Luke Cage takes place prior to Civil War, for example. They generally seem to take place when they're filmed not when they air. Everything next year on Netflix will almost certainly take place before the end of Infinity War.

Here's where spoilers get more specific. I think the ending of Infinity War will be reset. The movies next year won't touch on it at all. The only show that has to deal with that fact is Agents of SHIELD, precisely because it's not in an alternate universe. That being said, if Infinity War's ending is reset, the best thing for Agents of SHIELD to do is not address it next season, confident that things will correct themselves eventually.

I'm still a bit vague, but I'll err on the side of caution with spoilers.

The Netflix shows are not caught up to the present day anyway. They've always taken place in the past. Certainly, everything up to Luke Cage takes place prior to Civil War, for example. They generally seem to take place when they're filmed not when they air. Everything next year on Netflix will almost certainly take place before the end of Infinity War.

Here's where spoilers get more specific. I think the ending of Infinity War will be reset. The movies next year won't touch on it at all. The only show that has to deal with that fact is Agents of SHIELD, precisely because it's not in an alternate universe. That being said, if Infinity War's ending is reset, the best thing for Agents of SHIELD to do is not address it next season, confident that things will correct themselves eventually.

Gonna spoil tag my response too.

Didn't someone say the next movie is set 5 years later? Even if it isn't, even if it does do a reset, it won't happen until after next season so I think it would be pretty daring if they embraced the ending of IW and spent the year in the world Thanos left behind. In the flashes to just after the Earth cracking, we only saw Yo Yo, May, & Robin, IIRC. We know that Fitz and Simmons must make is since Deeke exists. What if the others aren't in them not because of what they're trying to prevent, but because of the snap? Coulson, Daisy, Mack, & Robin's mom all turned to dust. It might be a hard sell for the show's audience to give half the cast a year off, but it'd also be pretty epic too. Because even if they are on an alternative Earth, based on what Doctor Strange said, there's only one where Thanos didn't succeed and the chances AoS takes place on that Earth is insane. Also because I'm pretty sure whatever Doctor Strange did *is* the current timeline and Thanos still executes the snap and whatever happens in Avengers 5 is his endgame... (I'm starting to go in circles...) So maybe they stop the Earth from cracking, but what they're doing has nothing to do with Thanos so that still has to play out. Otherwise, they're going to have to do the entire show as a 24 like season and each episode is just an hour in the last day on Earth before the snap. If it's interesting enough, that'd be cool too. I really hope they don't just ignore IW though. Maybe bring in some of the secondary characters from the movies that didn't turn to dust. Like Sharon Carter. Bring back Hunter for a season. Why not Enver Gjokaj? Sure he was Sousa, but he was also a cop in the first Avengers. He fought aliens once, that had to have affected him. So maybe as a descendant of Sousa he seeks out SHIELD after the snap... round out a new team for one season. That could be fun! (Totally just throwing stuff out there. This is based on nothing but my brain.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"