Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Marvel's Agents of SHIELD 5x18 "All Roads Lead" Discussion Thread

iambranded

Civilian
Reaction score
Marvel's Agents of SHIELD 5x18 "All Roads Lead" Discussion Thread
April 20th 2018
The team must find a way to stop Ruby before the prophesied chain reaction that can destroy the Earth is put into motion.

Marvel's Agents of SHIELD official website: http://abc.com/shows/marvels-agents-o...
Watch more Marvel's Agents of SHIELD Season 5 videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...
Like Marvel's Agents of SHIELD on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AgentsofShield
Follow Marvel's Agents of SHIELD on Twitter: https://twitter.com/AgentsofSHIELD
Follow Marvel's Agents of SHIELD on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/agentsofshield

She is just a little biatch, ain't she?

Nice little detail - the machine looks exactly like the one that made Cap a supersoldier.

Well, someone had to do it.

Did not see that coming.

This episode started slowly but really ramped up at the end. I did not anticipate the story going that direction. The Talbot storyline is good, mostly because Pasdar does such a great job with that character. I feel for him, Talbot has been through a lot. The meat of this episode really came to a surprising end with one particularly gruesome death. I mean wow.

So maybe Daisy turns out to be the Destroyer of Worlds after all? Not sure where they’re going now.

So if the earth still blows up at the end or if we really get an large scale alien invasion with no Avengers showing up, can we conclude that this show takes place in an alternate universe because there is no way to justify on why the Avengers wouldn't show up if another alien army came knocking on Earth's doorstep.

I doubt there is any way that Daisy is actually the Destroyer of Worlds, though I don't know how they going to get to the destruction of the Earth. I keep hoping that this is somehow tied to Infinity War, if even tangentially. Looks like next week there is some type of alien invasion, it just seems like that would be problematic if there is a second invasion happening at the same time Thanos is attacking.

Yeah, if this has no connection to IW I'm starting to think they just decided to make this an alternate universe thing down the line. Maybe when they came back they hit a timeline snag.

Maybe the Avengers are so caught up with Thanos that they don’t have time to bother with the Confederacy?

It seems though that the aliens show up right at the secret base they're all hiding in, so it might just be that the Avengers (and at this point isn't it just Tony, Rhodey, and Peter Parker?), have no way of knowing. Tony's idea of building armor around the world failed, so it's not like he has a worldwide notification system for an alien ship. And if they have the tech to talk to people across lightyears, I'm thinking they're good enough to avoid our satellites and radar. So I'll accept that any superpowered beings you would think should show up for this fight will not but they're still in the same universe.

I don't really have it in me to feel bad about Ruby, or what Yo Yo did. Hale tried to get it through Ruby's head to wait till they knew everything. Hale ignored Phil's warnings. They made those beds. I am a little annoyed at May and Daisy and their snark to Phil about how when he's telling them they're risking their lives that he doesn't get a say in it when both of them are pissed off at him for doing the same thing they are now.

It seems though that the aliens show up right at the secret base they're all hiding in, so it might just be that the Avengers (and at this point isn't it just Tony, Rhodey, and Peter Parker?), have no way of knowing. Tony's idea of building armor around the world failed, so it's not like he has a worldwide notification system for an alien ship. And if they have the tech to talk to people across lightyears, I'm thinking they're good enough to avoid our satellites and radar. So I'll accept that any superpowered beings you would think should show up for this fight will not but they're still in the same universe.

I don't really have it in me to feel bad about Ruby, or what Yo Yo did. Hale tried to get it through Ruby's head to wait till they knew everything. Hale ignored Phil's warnings. They made those beds. I am a little annoyed at May and Daisy and their snark to Phil about how when he's telling them they're risking their lives that he doesn't get a say in it when both of them are pissed off at him for doing the same thing they are now.

The aliens use the teleporting device to come to earth so they don't have to bring their mother ship anywhere close to earth to do an isolated attack on a small group like SHIELD.

This episode was really really good.....
Dont think this will be tied to IW.....
Shield has their own type of problem and they wont be able to escape to look out their window till they resolve their issue....
Too bad its not connected like they say

When will the season/series finale be? It started later last year with less breaks in between but will it still end sometime in May anyways?

The Avengers should’ve also gotten involved in season 3 when they were dealing with Hive IMO, so I could overlook them not getting involved with this pending invasion.

So if the earth still blows up at the end or if we really get an large scale alien invasion with no Avengers showing up, can we conclude that this show takes place in an alternate universe because there is no way to justify on why the Avengers wouldn't show up if another alien army came knocking on Earth's doorstep.

The aliens use the teleporting device to come to earth so they don't have to bring their mother ship anywhere close to earth to do an isolated attack on a small group like SHIELD.

I agree with PimpdaddyDOC , from the promo
it looks like it will a be small scale commando attack on the Lighthouse
thus the Secret Avengers. Well I thought that they were going there before MODOK Superior and von Strucker were killed off, so SHIELD saves the world in secret just in time to look up in the sky to see the major attack coming from Thanos for a series finale

I won't miss Ruby. She was a pretty underwhelming villain. But I now I need to reinvest into this Kovas antagonist. I'm not sure I really care about him.

The first half of the season was great, but since they came back to Earth and post Deathlok, I've found the story lines quite choppy and uninteresting.

Ready for this season to end.

Seems some people are already convinced there's no "tie in". Which I don't understand. It seems pretty clear to me that AoS is leading up to the events of IW. The Confederacy plot established the tie in. It just needs proper closure to seal the tie in.

Thanos's plan is to obtain the stones and purify the universe. His version of galactic population control. The Confederacy is aware of this and opposes it. Knowing they would fall victim if Thanos succeeds. Confederacy know's Thanos is coming to Earth and the impending war. Of which they plan to be involved in. Albeit for their own profits. Not to save Earth or mankind, but to spread their own dominance in this region. And remain a force in the universe. They're trying to acquire Inhumans and Gravitonium to strengthen their army.
That's the bulk and gist of the subplot tie in so far. AoS is still "connected".

Now it's just a matter of finishing the Confederacy plot. The Agent's are unaware of Thanos. Sure they've been warned of the (Infnity) war approaching. But they're focused on preventing the destruction of the Earth, securing the Gravitonium, and then dealing with the Confederacy.

Once the Agents succeed in the above, it clears a path for Thanos to invade (unopposed to outside forces) and allows the events of Infinity War to happen.

All that needs to happen on the show is for them to simply acknowledge and become aware of Thanos to solidify the tie in. Which could happen during their upcoming confrontation with the Confederacy, or shortly after they defeat them.

Granted it may not be the grandiose tie in everyone wants. We likely wont see Coulson contacting Stark or Fury. Or an Avenger showing up on the show. No crossovers. But it retains the coveted "connection" in plot, story telling & foreshadowing events. Even if AoS doen't acknowledge Thanos by name, we have to just assume the warship Coulson was shown was Santuary II. And that they've told the story of what happens before Thanos has arrived and what opposition he may of faced before his invasion. It would actually be difficult to screw up any "connection" at this point. There's just opportunity to make it clearer, and eventful.

Though I think with the movie's release date being pushed up, any final tie ins will be a bit out of order. AoS ep 20 (May 4th) was meant be the final episode to air directly before IW. After watching episode 19, then seeing the movie we might not fully see the full tie in until ep 20. Then the subsequent post IW episodes and season finales of ep 21-22.

I was surprised about the way she went, but I won't miss her either. Cameron was very miscast.

The constant assurance every single character had to give Daisy for her leadership was annoying. This arc has really been a bust for me.

That head crush for Von Strucker tho!! :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"