Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents of SHIELD - S02E13 - "One of Us"

The fakey horror jaw wasn't necessary. But the dead birds were a nice touch.

Also, and you can consider this a friendly public service announcement you should file away for future use... *If* you ever capture a spy, and have to restrain him, don't handcuff him to the ****ing drain on your bathroom sink. Because he WILL ESCAPE, because no plumber EVER hooked up a freestanding bathroom sink drain in 2-inch galvanized pipe like this episode suggests.

So did all the high school kids die? I think they said Angar's scream put them in a catatonic state but is that permanent? At one point Cal said something about the kids have more life to live or something like that when Coulson first got there. But they never said what happened to all the damn kids. Kind of dark of they are all catatonic for the rest of their lives

^

Nah, I'm sure the catatonic state wears off after a while. The confrontation with Coulson and co. wouldn't really have too much of a purpose if the kids were already dead/permanently catatonic. I'm sure the kids are OK. The birds on the other hand...

That's very true, but now of course it does set up for any future Doc Samson stuff if they wanted.

Sadly, I do suspect Samson is off limits. I have no idea how seriously any plans are for the Hulk, but I do suspect any plans would include Samson as a likely character.

So, is Skye going to get her Gauntlets soon? :awesome:

I really loved this Episode and I agree I think you can see a build up for the Civil War. I honestly feel bad for Skye because everyone seems to be cautious around her or want to sedate her (Simmons). Right now Coulson and Simmons working on the index and trying to find out to take them out if needed feels like they are in a way betraying Skye. I know they are not but like they are afraid she will be something they cannot contain.

Edit: Very curious to see who will decide about Cal's fate and who is in 'charge'.

Surprised more people aren't talking about Cal's trial. I wonder does he have to appear before Blackbolt. I know we won't see him with the Inhumans movie being two years away but just curious how it will play out. It is kind of crazy to use the Inhumans when the movie is so far away but man I can't wait to see Lockjaw.

Second, I wonder about Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver. Were they inhumans captured by Whitehall and give to his superior? The cages used to keep Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver; are they copies of the initial containment room used for the inhumans when Daisy's mom was helping them learn to cope with their powers? I just wonder
There's a digital prelude comic to Age of Ultron This Scepter'd Isle that shows how Strucker came to acquire Loki's scepter, how he came by the twins (Whitehall appears to have had nothing to do with it) and leads into the mid-credit scene from The Winter Soldier (naturally, the comic tie-ins are more 'secondary canon'/the films can chose to ignore or rewrite elements within them). Spoiler tag in case you want to read the comic on your own:
They were protesters wanting "Justice for Sokovia" and Strucker offered to give them "the tools to stand up to [their] oppressors" and give them the power stop the wars in their streets if they were to volunteer. Somehow he used the scepter to give (or unlock) powers. Strucker himself uses the term "unlock" but, IMO, that doesn't make it completely clear whether it was indeed unlocking of something already there or if it was a giving (because how much does Strucker really know?). Anywho, so while they could be made into Inhumans, it's it's still possible they might not be and instead (going by Simmons' terminology) 'Enhanced'
Also, I wonder why the Kree did not sense the inhumans previous transformations. Was it because of the war or like I speculate; the transformations did not occur at the Puerto Rico temple.
I imagine it's (at the very least) something similar to what you speculated - the early Inhumans probably found a way to mask/hide the beacon that gets sent out when a Diviner is used at least until they could create their own temples (admittedly, it's not clear whether it was the Diviner that sent out the signal to the Kree or if it was the temple itself - but either way I think there's plenty of logical options to 'explain it away') - and then Raina being ignorant of what the heck she was doing wasn't able to take such precautions (regardless of whether it was the Diviner or the temple that sent out the signal) :)

Last edited:
Hi :)

Can someone can explain me the difference between the two shields mentionned at the end of the episode.
I have never read the comicbooks, so I'm a little confused.. New Hydra ? Real Shield ?? I'm completely lost :(

Thx ;)

I don't think anyone really knows at this point. Though it would explain some of the horrible decisions some of the guys made last year. I still say that no way SHIELD would have forgiven her for some of the bone headed decisions she made last season.......Skye that is.

I would say both S.H.I.E.L.D.s are "real". They just didn't know about each other until recently.

Garrett only died because Marvel lacked the Daredevil rights at the time. I don't feel like the same decision is going to be made with Mister Hyde since he's also an enemy of Thor, DD and Hulk.

:up:

I would say both S.H.I.E.L.D.s are "real". They just didn't know about each other until recently.
Fury made COULSON director tho.
I say this other faction is Stark and who ever else he's absorbed besides Hill, and seeing as he's backing Avengers, it would make sense.

Why on earth did Angar the Screamer try to fight Agent May physically? It would've just been simpler to take her out with a scream. He could've simultaneously defeated all the SHIELD agents that way.

Also, I figured out who the woman with the razor blades on her fingers is supposed to be: Gillette. :o

Next time she should attach some epilators to her fingers. That might be more effective. :p

Full size http://i.imgur.com/JNbjIQz.png
JNbjIQz.png

Why on earth did Angar the Screamer try to fight Agent May physically? It would've just been simpler to take her out with a scream. He could've simultaneously defeated all the SHIELD agents that way.

Also, I figured out who the woman with the razor blades on her fingers is supposed to be: Gillette. :o

Next time she should attach some epilators to her fingers. That might be more effective. :p
I'm guessing from what Cal told him to save it, Screamer has to store up that energy

I'm guessing from what Cal told him to save it, Screamer has to store up that energy

But he looked like he was just about to use it before the blind guy whisked Cal away.

But if it's as you say, that seems all rather convenient, just as a way for SHIELD to beat them. Otherwise there's no way they should even stand a chance.

They also seem to have made Angar more similar in powers to Blackbolt than his actual comic version.

Hi :)

Can someone can explain me the difference between the two shields mentionned at the end of the episode.
I have never read the comicbooks, so I'm a little confused.. New Hydra ? Real Shield ?? I'm completely lost :(

Thx ;)
Welcome aboard!!!
Yeah none of us really knows for sure. I'm one to say that Stark is backing this other group since he's backing Avengers here's reasons why.

1. we saw pics from age of Ultron that he was training some men (or what looked like that)
2. We KNOW Maria Hill joined Stark, so other may have as well.
3. lastly Stark has NO idea (as far as we know) that Coulson is alive. Hill may be keeping that under her hat in respect for Fury and Phil

But he looked like he was just about to use it before the blind guy whisked Cal away.

But if it's as you say, that seems all rather convenient, just as a way for SHIELD to beat them. Otherwise there's no way they should even stand a chance.

They also seem to have made Angar more similar in powers to Blackbolt than his actual comic version.
Just seems to ME that Blackbolt's speech would be more devastating to the structures, not just knocking people out.

the Screamer was knocked out as soon as the fight started by Phil

My theory is that he went through the mist, and became weaker, experimented on himself to increase his strength, and it drove him a little crazy, obviously. The mist doesn't always give you something awesome. Sometimes you emerge from the mist even less powerful than before.

Cal isn't an Inhuman, the mist would not have had any effect on him, detrimental or not, the same way it didn't have an effect on Tripp.

His powers, and madness, come from a completely unrelated source. Nothing to do with terrigenesis.

May was fighting Noche, the Steroid guy.

Well they looked too much alike.

And what's steroid guy's powers? Acne on his back? Water retention in his muscles? How is he different from some body builders?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"