• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents of SHIELD TV series for ABC - General Discussion - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand the hate or disdain for the show. What were people expecting, the quality of the movies? I've been happy with what we've been given so far through five episodes. Mcu links, mystery around coulsons return, possibly aim/hydra presence, humor. I mean I wasn't expecting the show to blow me away, it's just a fun Marvel related show that can introduce even more comic characters and storylines and relate to what's going on in the films too. And also shows a cool side of a man power organization vs the world of super powers.

But hey, to each their own, I'll keep enjoying the show.

Lol :D

I'm more curious as to the lingering questions posed so far aka what's with coulsons return, skyes past, who centipede really is, also more little cameos too will be cool in the future. ( if we see maya or killain assuming we're pre im3 ) and many more things with the on going mcu

I am in complete agreement. I have learned better than to judge a show by it's first few episodes or sometimes even it's first season (Buffy The Vampire Slayer for example). You have to set up the board before you play the game and I am very intrigued by the questions that this show keeps proposing. I think we have a great cast of diverse characters who will settle into their roles with time and give great performances. This will probably be a show that's seen better on Netflix in one go but as of right now I'm still enjoying the ride.

The first season of Arrow was good but the second season has been on fire and I predict the same with Agents of SHIELD. For me there is no show more entertaining than this and Arrow on prime time tv (unless you want more cop shows. The world can't have enough freaking cop shows for some reason).

So glad to see T:TDW will have an impact on the show. Can't wait for that episode

SHIELD-THOR.jpg

"Verily, Son of Coul, this 'Skye' girl will be trouble."
"I know..."
"Thou knowest?"

Hmm since we're going to get a post ThorTDW episode I'm now inclined to believe AoS is post IM3. Unless Thor is taking place chronologically before IM3 happens as well. I'm assuming there's no actual timeline yet though correct?

Hmm since we're going to get a post ThorTDW episode I'm now inclined to believe AoS is post IM3. Unless Thor is taking place chronologically before IM3 happens as well. I'm assuming there's no actual timeline yet though correct?

Considering the Thor episode won't air for a bit it really means nothing. My thoughts is that its only 1-3 months behind IM3.

In a month or two we should get an idea. If the Thor episode airs before we hear any real mention of im3 events.. Then its probably been post im3 the whole time. If we get an IM3 reference around the holidays before a Thor 2 reference... Im inclined to think not, and that its currently before IM3. Just a little delayed

Considering the Thor episode won't air for a bit it really means nothing. My thoughts is that its only 1-3 months behind IM3.

In a month or two we should get an idea. If the Thor episode airs before we hear any real mention of im3 events.. Then its probably been post im3 the whole time. If we get an IM3 reference around the holidays before a Thor 2 reference... Im inclined to think not, and that its currently before IM3. Just a little delayed

TV Line says it airs Nov. 19.

Ah. First time I've seen a date for it. It should set the record straight then depending on its reference hopefully

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=110932

"Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." is planning another major connection with the Marvel Cinematic Universe's big screen releases as ABC today reveals that the November 19 episode, "The Well," is slated to crossover with events depicted in the upcoming Thor: The Dark World. The episode's official description reads as follows:

In the aftermath of the events chronicled in the feature film Marvel's "Thor: The Dark World," Coulson and the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. pick up the pieces--one of which threatens to destroy a member of the team.

"Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." stars Clark Gregg as Agent Phil Coulson, Ming-Na Wen as Agent Melinda May, Brett Dalton as Agent Grant Ward, Chloe Bennet as Skye, Iain De Caestecker as Agent Leo Fitz and Elizabeth Henstridge as Agent Jemma Simmons.

"The Well" is written by Monica Owusu-Breen and directed by Jonathan Frakes and guest stars for "The Well" include Peter MacNicol as Professor Elliot Randolph, Michael Graziadei as Jakob Nystrom, Erin Way as Petra Larsen, Toby Wilson as Neils, Alex Neustaedter as Maynard and Sylvia Brindis as Elena.

At least we know the directing will be good.

Peter MacNicol's second professor role since Numbers. He may get typecast if he hasn't already.

I want an mcu phase 2 timeline lol. Someone find the date on a newspaper in iron man 3 and one in Thor 2 haha

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=110932

At least we know the directing will be good.

Peter MacNicol's second professor role since Numbers. He may get typecast if he hasn't already.

But his Numb3rs role isn't that different from his role in Ally McBeal or Chicago Hope. He always plays the super intelligent but somewhat socially awkward type.

If he weren't playing this role, he could've worked as the Molecule Man. Of course, he also (like Graviton) would've been far too powerful for the Agents of SHIELD to battle on their own.

lol it was pretty obvious from the get go it was post IM3

I guess not to me and Spideyboy... Us Ohioans must be oblivious, or really smart when it's proven right!! :D

lol it was pretty obvious from the get go it was post IM3

Yeah, I never understood how people kept going on about it being before or during IM3. It made no Zod-damned sense that way.

Professor Elliot Randolph, Jakob Nystrom, Petra Larsen

are any of these characters known in the comics?

So in November 19, 2013's episode that is post Thor: The Dark World: Do we have to watch Thor: The Dark World to understand the story in that episode.

So in November 19, 2013's episode that is post Thor: The Dark World: Do we have to watch Thor: The Dark World to understand the story in that episode.

I expect it'll be more a case of you'll understand some more of the references if you've seen it, but I highly doubt they'd make it so it made no sense had you not seen the film.

If anything, the shows goes out of its way way to explain most of the name-drops it does, which eats up valuable screentime.

That's what I was wondering. Does it force you to watch the movies? I don't know when I'll get round to watching and thought I could just wait for the DVD.

I would assume if you're watching the show, you'll have already seen Thor.

I could picture Peter MacNicol playing Fitz dad if he wasn't playing another character.

Vigo the Carpathian would be pleased :cwink:

So, we are to suppose that SHIELD will be roaming London soon as the follow up to Thor. They were running around the globe last week as well. Which raises the question. Where are national specific taskforces, most notably MI-13 or S.T.R.I.K.E? Why are US based SHIELD allowed to run around the globe putting their noses in everywhere without incident?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"