ALIEN going to be remade?

Only if Ridley Scott is involved somehow and James Cameron is present on set with a very stern look on his face....

You can make, "An Alien In Paris" and I would watch it...

i personally think it's a bad idea. you don't mess with a classic. here's a poster i made:

alien.png

^Sick!

Question: Why did you make a poster if you don't like the idea of it?:huh:

An Alien prequel could actually be decent, if Ridley Scott was involved and Fox didn't interfere. If it turned out good, then we could hypothetically have a decent trilogy consisting of the prequel, Alien, and Aliens. Also, they could potentially lay down some bricks for Alien 6 set after Aliens, but that's getting a bit ahead of myself.

I know this has probably been mentioned already but did anybody listen to the commentary to Alien? Ripely said that he wanted to go back and make another Alien movie that takes place on the Planet the Space Jockey and Aliens came from and show that the Aliens were created as bioengineered weapons.

Really, I do. That sounds like what a Fox exec said before AVP was made, and don't take that offensively. Treating the Xenomorphs like just another creature is foolish when it is remembered like Jaws and Predator. You can't just throw them in there around a character. I also think you misunderstand me.

As much as Ripley is the central of all badass female leads of all time. The storyline from Cameron and Ridley and let's not forget the subject matter and atmosphere. The creatures were unpredictable and the people were trapped in a claustrophobic situation. Weapons were practically ineffective and the crew was dying one by one. The story was amazing for all of these elements and not for what and where it is from...which we do not need. This new movie's focus is on something the general audience doesn't care about and what fans never asked for. So leave it be...

You can look at them as tools but what intrigues me isn't their homeworld, their base form, their leader...what interests me is what happens when a crew or group of man encounter them. The chaos of the unknown.

I had always loved that the fear was caused by something unknown...and I don't believe we need the unknown questions answered.

Another more simple reason is what if the origin story blows? To me it would taint some part of the series.

I like your ideas Celt and DJ but opening that way is not really typically following an alien movie, which could be okay but I like how they usually start as Sci-Fi and become more of a horror later on. I really like the steps to showing character development before bloodshed. Otherwise, the movie becomes another gore filled slasher fest. Prepping and introducing each character slightly before seeing them in action because it puts the viewer in their places. Alien took 35 minutes to get going, I think Aliens took longer on the DC, Alien 3 moved into it too quickly but was well done with its return to the originals feeling, and Alien Ress. moved way too fast and too far beyond what we asked for.

Not to mention, prequels taint the original or history more than a sequel does for me. If it was a sequel I would be more relieved but still extremely weary and unhappy that Fox is on board.

Well, if it were me writing, as much as I liked Celtic's idea, I would open up with the idea I posted and then just an empty space ship with some traces of blood maybe. but just hints and maybe some acid. Nothing too gory.

The opening shot combines new tricks with old ones, it's just one long continuous flowing shot which would be difficult to pull off.

^Sick!

Question: Why did you make a poster if you don't like the idea of it?:huh:
thanks! and the answer is, i love to make posters. it's kind of what i do. you can check out my work if you want. click the link in my sig.

Well, if it were me writing, as much as I liked Celtic's idea, I would open up with the idea I posted and then just an empty space ship with some traces of blood maybe. but just hints and maybe some acid. Nothing too gory.

The opening shot combines new tricks with old ones, it's just one long continuous flowing shot which would be difficult to pull off.

That's pretty sweet!

Rinsch Out, Scott In For "Alien" Reboot?
By Garth Franklin Tuesday June 9th 2009 07:55AM
Over the last two weeks has came word of an "Alien" prequel in development with original director Ridley Scott and his brother Tony Scott serving as producer. The latter confirmed last week that commercial director Carl Erik Rinsch would be sitting in the director's chair.

Hold on a minute. According to Entertainment Weekly via Playlist, while the Scott's have given approval of Rinsch, 20th Century Fox apparently doesn't want to greenlit the film without Ridley himself at the helm.

Adding to the complications, Rinsch is apparently romantically involved with Ridley's daughter Jordan. Could the prequel be sunk before it has even got off the ground?

The more important question though, when is Fox going to set a date for the 'Alien Quadrilogy' Blu-ray boxset and will they properly remaster at least the first two films for the format, or screw it up like they did with the "Predator" Blu-ray?

Ridley is in?
HOLY F**K YES!!! :up:

Fox wouldn't dare interfere so I believe Mr. Scott has free range
This is what I like, have the original creators involved.

Ridley is in?
HOLY F**K YES!!! :up:

Fox wouldn't dare interfere so I believe Mr. Scott has free range
This is what I like, have the original creators involved.

I'll admit, I fapped to this news.

Any chance on calling it Star Beast? lol

I'm gonna finish my treatment tonight.....since everyone loves it so....:D

Fox is doing or saying this just to please us. I don't blame them for wanting Scott. But I doubt their first thought is to have Scott as director to make a great film, but instead just to copy the success and make us happy.

Last edited:
I dont like it Doc....to me, the Alien shouldnt be dynamic and "loud".....The Alien is a silent killer.

I also dont like the Alien picture you chose. Too toy like.

The colors are all over the place.

And I hate the lens flare....

But this is all IMO.....

I have been skeptical of this.

Alien and Aliens were such classics I don't want them really touched, or anything like that. Yet......Fox has messed up one of the best Mythologies ever created for screen, and I think maybe that outweighs it now more so for me to have them try to find a new ground to stand upon. If it is a prequel great, like Timstuff said, maybe it could lead to better sequels or so forth.

Having this close friend of Scott/Scott himself will satisfy me a lot. But more so I hope Rothman just comes out and says I'm not touching it and what MPAA rating it gets it gets.

To me I really would love to see this happen. Alien needs a fresh start again, to show the new generations one of the greatest scariest stories ever told.

Having slow build ups, and not aliens killing within the first 4 minutes of the film.

My one concern: HAVE AN INTELLIGENT SCRIPT AND CHARACTERS THAT WE CARE ABOUT.

I dont like it Doc....to me, the Alien shouldnt be dynamic and "loud".....The Alien is a silent killer.

I also dont like the Alien picture you chose. Too toy like.

The colors are all over the place.

And I hate the lens flare....

But this is all IMO.....

Who me? I don't think I said anything about him being a loud killer. :huh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"