ALIEN going to be remade?

Perfect. This also gives us anoher character we can follow without recycling Ripley again.

:up:

Plus, no Space Jockey origin. Another chance to make the Alien scary again. Maybe throw in another Alien, just to mix things up.

Thank ya...i'm almost tempted to write a treatment...but it'll never get made. :(

Oh, and if I did do my idea, i'd have this tough as nails Ripley rip-off that is shown as the leader...and in the first battle, she gets ****ing destroyed! I'm so sick of Rip-Ripoffs.

They're looking for another Ripley in a prequel? What the ****? How the hell will this make any sense?

Just do a sequel or something, move on from the Ripley character, do new ones.

Damn, you Fox. Goddamn you to hell.

We lose again...we just lose...

Celtic I'd like to read your outline if you do write one. Maybe I'll take a crack at it when I'm in the mood. I'll have to wait for my next phase ot be over, and hope Alien is the next one. I'm brainstorming an absolute Indiana Jones prequel. One that abandons the young chronicles and makes it more simple. Would be kinda cool to see though. Before TOD of course.

It's not much, but Production Weekly has it listed.

“ALIEN” Feature Film

SCOTT FREE PRODUCTIONS
614 N. La Peer Dr. West Hollywood, CA 90069
PHONE - 310-360-2250 FAX - 310-360-2251

STATUS - Active Development
PRODUCER: Ridley Scott - Tony Scott - Michael Costigan DIRECTOR: Carl Rinsch
TWENTIETH CENTURY FOX FILM CORPORATION 10201 W. Pico Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 90035 310-369-1000
A prequel story to Ridley Scott’s sci-fi/horror classic "Alien". (Hopefully getting in front of cameras buy the end of the year.)

Heres what I got so far....I may or may not ditch the brother side story...it might add up to something, or not. Just go with it for now. I suck at spelling, didnt spell check it yet so, just deal I guess.

Not really well written, but you can get the idea.

We open in the harsh darkness of space. Stars flicker in the distance, just now sending their light from millions of years ago. As we move forward, we see a small object. As we move ever closer, it is revealed that this object is a spaceship. A military terriforming vessel sent out to seek new worlds. We continue to move closer, and closer, until we go THROUGH the window, and into the ship. As we pass through, we see the something is wrong. Broken glass, broken parts lie everywhere. Blood stains on the glass doors, which are cracked. We keep moving until we see strange architecture. Not human. We follow the biomechanical designs through a long corridor, and through a tiny glass window on the door on the other side.
The room is a massive circluralr room, in the center, a large drop off, which is where the engine lies. We move closer to the bodies. Each one’s chests burst open. We focus on one. One woman. We move in closer, and closer, until we see her face. She was a beautiful woman, if you look past the gunk that covers her face.
Her eyes open in an instant, she screams. Sounds of flesh, and bone being torn echo through the round room. Her screams are deafening. And then, her chest explodes in a shower of gore, as the baby Alien emerges. It lets out a hideous scream.

OPENING TITLES.

We cut to a few years later, on another ship known as Archimedes. They chose this name for the ship because it was the only famous scientist’s name that was not yet used. They also chose it for the reason that they are created new and fantastic machines, that are way ahead of their time. Such as the hyper sleep machine, which can keep the person in a deep sleep for the duration of the flight.
We are introduced to our hero, Brian Wilson. Incredibly handsome, and incredibly dangerous. But he isn’t your typical tough guy. No, Brian grew up on earth, with his mom, dad, and uncle. He had a brother, named Joseph Wilson, who was the black sheep in the family. His brother became extreamly jelous of Brian’s talent to build and create, since he was a dropout dead beat, it was hard to gain respect. His parents loved him all the same, but he didn’t care. He wanted what Brian had. Respect. So he joined the USCM. Which he was stationed on a lonely rock for 5 years. Then one day Joe had to find out that his brother, Brian, decided to follow his brothers footsteps, and joined the USCM. He was sent into battle on the Planet Tyron, a terrorist group was threatening to do what terrorists do, when Brian, ended up sneaking into the base, and stopping them. He was the hero Joe wanted to be.

I love the Alien series...but why does everything now need a prequel???

Straight from my Sig is how I feel:

Alien's origin should not be touched. The unknown or unexplained is part of what makes Sci-Fi...Sci-Fi. What makes the Xenomorphs so interesting is their mystique.

To further that, the first two movies were so great for not just knowing what they are and why but how foolish we were for thinking we could contain or fight back against the capabilities of the unknown.

i actually think noone will care. aliens are not characters. they are just monsters like animals.
they are ''tools'' for horror,action scenes and for ripleys story.

IMO

I like that idea Celtic. Interesting. Especially like the opening.

You gave me an idea ofr an opening shot.

We open up with a shot of deep space. Motionless but still wonderous. We think the stars start to move when really the camera starts to move. We drift away from the the view and onto a space ship ahead of us. It's small but we know it's a ship. We drift closer steadily, but with just silence. The silence makes our hearts beat a bit faster. It seems to be in no hurry though. The ship is now in front os us. An older model, but it just drifts like the stars themselves. Suspicious. Drift cloder to the ship, we are noe on the side of it. A window, sort of foggy. The camera now enters that window and we can see hallways. Empty. Continuing form this, as the same shot, A very long single shot going up and down the hallways, but everything is empty.

lead into your opening Celtic.

IMO starting off with a tease and showing the Alien chestburster would be great, and work well enough until the big pay off.

I think an Alien remake is a really bad idea. REALLY bad idea.

All my favorite classic Sci-Fi films are being remade in the next 5 years it seems...and I don't like it :csad:

Prequel is another story...as long as this doesn't turn out to be one of those times it's a remake, but they keep hiding it for like a year and then come clean...ala TIH :o

They said from the start it was a total reboot of the series, not including anything from the crappy first one.

i actually think noone will care. aliens are not characters. they are just monsters like animals.
they are ''tools'' for horror,action scenes and for ripleys story.

IMO

Really, I do. That sounds like what a Fox exec said before AVP was made, and don't take that offensively. Treating the Xenomorphs like just another creature is foolish when it is remembered like Jaws and Predator. You can't just throw them in there around a character. I also think you misunderstand me.

As much as Ripley is the central of all badass female leads of all time. The storyline from Cameron and Ridley and let's not forget the subject matter and atmosphere. The creatures were unpredictable and the people were trapped in a claustrophobic situation. Weapons were practically ineffective and the crew was dying one by one. The story was amazing for all of these elements and not for what and where it is from...which we do not need. This new movie's focus is on something the general audience doesn't care about and what fans never asked for. So leave it be...

You can look at them as tools but what intrigues me isn't their homeworld, their base form, their leader...what interests me is what happens when a crew or group of man encounter them. The chaos of the unknown.

I had always loved that the fear was caused by something unknown...and I don't believe we need the unknown questions answered.

Another more simple reason is what if the origin story blows? To me it would taint some part of the series.

I like your ideas Celt and DJ but opening that way is not really typically following an alien movie, which could be okay but I like how they usually start as Sci-Fi and become more of a horror later on. I really like the steps to showing character development before bloodshed. Otherwise, the movie becomes another gore filled slasher fest. Prepping and introducing each character slightly before seeing them in action because it puts the viewer in their places. Alien took 35 minutes to get going, I think Aliens took longer on the DC, Alien 3 moved into it too quickly but was well done with its return to the originals feeling, and Alien Ress. moved way too fast and too far beyond what we asked for.

Not to mention, prequels taint the original or history more than a sequel does for me. If it was a sequel I would be more relieved but still extremely weary and unhappy that Fox is on board.

They said from the start it was a total reboot of the series, not including anything from the crappy first one.

HUH?

Also I want to give you and DJ a little shout out for writing...don't give that stuff up. I wish I never would have. I like how both of you brought scare into that scene you both tweaked with...cool stuff.

I love the Alien series...but why does everything now need a prequel???

To be fair Ridley Scott has been planning this since before prequels were en vogue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"