Alien Movies, After "Aliens"

MagicPrime

Civilian
Reaction score
One of the SHH Headlines grabbed my eye and spawned this thought:

Is it just me, or has every Alien movie after "Aliens" (Alien 2) sucked really bad. I mean Alien 3 was a given, but Ressurection and AVP weren't that good either.

Solutions to this problem in my opinion....

Bring back the Colonial Marines!!!

What do you all think?

What do you all think?

wrong forum is my thinking :p

moving....

No, them movies were just poorly written.

Solution: :yay: hire me as writer. :ninja:I'll give you NC-17 goodness.

it's called cashing in...

many sequels have managed it in the past, especially comedy sequels...

what's the big deal?

I like them all to some extent. AR would've been pretty dang sweet if the ending hadn't been such weak sauce - they kinda blew it on the last lap. AVP was truly great, I'm with James Cameron on that one - I really dig it and think it's wildly underrated by people who seem to want to despise it purely because it's made by Anderson. Alien 3 has strong performances and visual style but the script is a mess.

Colonial Marines? It's been done. I'm glad that all the movies try to do something different in some fashion... while at the same time retaining that core concept of "keep the Aliens away from running around on Earth."

Oh wait, AVP2 throws that out of the window!

The only one I've seen is AVP. It wasn't great but it was definately entertaining.

Max J Power said:
The only one I've seen is AVP. It wasn't great but it was definately entertaining.
Dude:wow:

Seriously go out and buy the first three films! (Alien, Aliens and Alien 3)

the only movie in the series that actualy trully pissed me off for being so bad was AVP, what potential that film had, i'm not talking about potential for a fun action movie, i'm thinking a classic...what did we get utter nonsense, scrap the human/predator love story, get a badass war going between aliens and predators and than come back to me with a great movie

gvcool2 said:
the only movie in the series that actualy trully pissed me off for being so bad was AVP, what potential that film had, i'm not talking about potential for a fun action movie, i'm thinking a classic...what did we get utter nonsense, scrap the human/predator love story, get a badass war going between aliens and predators and than come back to me with a great movie

The only reason the movie finally got greenlit was because they were able to do it on a relatively low budget... the script even had to have even more monsters removed just before filming. We're lucky we got as many fights as we did, especially given how cool they looked for a budget just over 60 mil! And there's no love story. :p

oh you can't deny the chemistry the black chick and the predator had, it was far superior to affleck and lopez's in gigli

This thread is like, "Beef Tongue Burritos, after "they're fully digested".
:(

Alien 3 is great. Very underrated. And Ressurection has Ron Perlman, so it's given that it rocks.

ToddIsDead said:
Alien 3 is great. Very underrated. And Ressurection has Ron Perlman, so it's given that it rocks.

Alien 3 has a great look, great direction, great performances, great music... but c'mon. The logic behind killing off the survivors of the previous film? There isn't really any. I mean, after all that effort Rip wented to to save Newt, and then... uh, yeah, DENIED. Plus there's so little character in all the prisoners. They're faceless, generic fodder. We basically get to Dillon and Clemens and Aaron and um, that's it. And I'm still not sure why Ripley jumps into bed with a dude right after losing her surrogate daughter. Comfort sex, I guess. But it's pretty lame.

Great ending though! Really beautiful.

Bishop2 said:
Alien 3 has a great look, great direction, great performances, great music... but c'mon. The logic behind killing off the survivors of the previous film? There isn't really any. I mean, after all that effort Rip wented to to save Newt, and then... uh, yeah, DENIED. Plus there's so little character in all the prisoners. They're faceless, generic fodder. We basically get to Dillon and Clemens and Aaron and um, that's it. And I'm still not sure why Ripley jumps into bed with a dude right after losing her surrogate daughter. Comfort sex, I guess. But it's pretty lame.

Great ending though! Really beautiful.
Sometimes you have to take the bad with the good, and there was more that I liked than not in Alien 3. But, yeah, it really sucked not having Newt and Hicks.

MagicPrime said:
One of the SHH Headlines grabbed my eye and spawned this thought:

Is it just me, or has every Alien movie after "Aliens" (Alien 2) sucked really bad. I mean Alien 3 was a given, but Ressurection and AVP weren't that good either.

Solutions to this problem in my opinion....

Bring back the Colonial Marines!!!

What do you all think?

The only thing that's a ''GIVEN'' about Alien3 is that it's just as good as the original Alien.

I'm not up in a tirade here but I'm sick of the low-blow shots everyone gives A3! David Fincher does the impossible by following two of the biggest film vissionaries who brought their own style to the franchise...well, he does in underrated fashion.

A3 mixes an action movie and prison movie with drama, horror, and futuristic bleakness in a completely original fashion. Not to mention the Musical score is an A+. And the shaved heads...that's just a bonus for us all.

A3 may have been a decent movie but it kinda ruined the events of Aliens, which was way better. Ripley, Hicks, and Newt were able to survive masses of aliens just to die in a crash... that sucked

I like the extended cut of Alien 3 from the Quadrilogy set...but Ressurection was just awful, any way you look at it. Yet another lesson in the "Reasons to Keep Pitof the Hell Away from All Movies" book :o

he was only the visual effects supervisor on the movie, and they weren't that bad...

You know what the Alien movies need?

More Ron Perlman.

He was the only good thing about Alien Resurrection.

I watch AR every time it's on just for the Perlman.

I think the next AVP movie should take a page from Star Trek IV and have the premise take place in modern times, can you just imagine the wacky hijinks that might happen, who's with me?

Lazlo Panaflex said:
I think the next AVP movie should take a page from Star Trek IV and have the premise take place in modern times, can you just imagine the wacky hijinks that might happen, who's with me?

Spock Vs Data Vs Predator?

... I'm there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"