Alien Movies, After "Aliens"

Lazlo Panaflex said:
I think the next AVP movie should take a page from Star Trek IV and have the premise take place in modern times, can you just imagine the wacky hijinks that might happen, who's with me?

you mean like the first AVP movie?

gvcool2 said:

And also this one, actually.

But you know, I didn't mind it in the first AVP, because the Aliens remained isolated from most of Earth. That was what was so clever about putting them in Antarctica - they managed to maintain the "keep them away from society or we all die" thing from the rest of the franchise.

The new film blows that out of the water by having the aliens and predator running around in the middle of a Colorado suburb, though!

****!!! Really??? Well that was the setting in one Predator comic arc...
forgot wich tho
BUT STILL.... I want FUTURE... and ALIEN PRED COLONIAL MARINES ACTION!!!

is that the location of the new film? popularised city?

HudsonKicksAss.gif
autoturretvsaliens.gif

AHHH!!! HUDSON KICKS ASS!!!

gvcool2 said:
is that the location of the new film? popularised city?

I'm surprised you hadn't already heard after the script review circulated the 'net. Yeah, it's a small town in Colorado.

Don't expect a lot of monsters, by the way - after the opening sequence, it's pretty much one predator versus three aliens for the remainder of the film. Yes, after the first one only cost them $60 mil, they've cut the budget even further!

oh your ****ting me, i've been avoiding all news about this film, as I followed the first very carefully and I found myself so disapointed, I couldn't face that again.

That sounds horrible already, a lower budget than the first, NOT GOOD.

and I'm starting to get hints at a godzilla remake type film, where the aliens are terrozing the public

OH GOD NO.... I hate Paul Anderson.... alll he had to do was throw some preds and aliens in with some colonial marines on a jungle colony planet, But NO.. he had to make up a buch of **** about the ancient civilizations that just confused the average watcher (although I got it ;)), then maby it would get the money that it needs now....
The Jungle coloney is perfect because it has all the elements of Aliens and Predator..... battles in a metal dungeon of tubes and technology.... leading to the alien hive, and outside the complex is the thick jungles of the predator hunts.... AND COLONIAL MARINES

WTFimVENOM said:
OH GOD NO.... I hate Paul Anderson.... alll he had to do was throw some preds and aliens in with some colonial marines on a jungle colony planet, But NO.. he had to make up a buch of **** about the ancient civilizations that just confused the average watcher (although I got it ;)) then maby it would get the money that it needs now....

The first movie was profitable and Paul Anderson has no involvement with this sequel.

Also, it must be mentioned that Anderson's concept was the only reason the movie even got made. Fox rejected "close to a hundred" (if you can believe them - I think that's got to be an exaggeration) pitches that took place in the future and involved colonial marines on another planet, because they felt it would be "too much of a rehash." Anderson was apparently the first person to suggest setting it in the Predator-style setting on Earth instead of setting it on another planet, which Fox seemingly adored. So if you have anyone to blame for this, blame Fox for rejecting all the concepts that were based on putting it in "the future."

Honestly, I think the REAL reason why they didn't want to set it in the future is because they were hell-bent on a low budget after Alien 3, Alien Resurrection and Predator 2 all lost money, and putting something in the future means you have to worry about spaceships and futuristic weaponry and crap.

I do think that Anderon's connection between the building of the ancient pyramids and the conspiracy theories about alien involvement and the Predators and using the aliens as training material was pretty damn clever, though.

I blame fox for everything bad in my life

Bishop2 said:
The first movie was profitable and Paul Anderson has no involvement with this sequel.

Also, it must be mentioned that Anderson's concept was the only reason the movie even got made. Fox rejected "close to a hundred" (if you can believe them - I think that's got to be an exaggeration) pitches that took place in the future and involved colonial marines on another planet, because they felt it would be "too much of a rehash." Anderson was apparently the first person to suggest setting it in the Predator-style setting on Earth instead of setting it on another planet, which Fox seemingly adored. So if you have anyone to blame for this, blame Fox for rejecting all the concepts that were based on putting it in "the future."

Honestly, I think the REAL reason why they didn't want to set it in the future is because they were hell-bent on a low budget after Alien 3, Alien Resurrection and Predator 2 all lost money, and putting something in the future means you have to worry about spaceships and futuristic weaponry and crap.

I do think that Anderon's connection between the building of the ancient pyramids and the conspiracy theories about alien involvement and the Predators and using the aliens as training material was pretty damn clever, though.
**** Fox then,
and athough at first I loved the concept of the ancient involment of preds, I asked alot of people what they thought and most said they didn't like the movie because it was too complicated, so I had to explain the entire concept to them. I was a cool idea but I think that a classic Horror with basic concepts (Alien, Pred) would have been far better. Don't get me wrong, I loved the movie, but that single concept closed the door on any other type of AvP movie in the future :csad:

WTFimVENOM said:
**** Fox then,
and athough at first I loved the concept of the ancient involment of preds, I asked alot of people what they thought and most said they didn't like the movie because it was too complicated, so I had to explain the entire concept to them. I was a cool idea but I think that a classic Horror with basic concepts (Alien, Pred) would have been far better. Don't get me wrong, I loved the movie, but that single concept closed the door on any other type of AvP movie :csad:

I think it actually opens the door to many possibilities - I mean, what was really stopping them from putting the sequel 300 years into the future, where the Predators happen to be training in a different kind of setting (let's say, perhaps, a cavernous labyrinth they carved into a local cave system) on another planet? Or even doing the reverse and going into the past - maybe telling a story of Predators at another training ground in the 1700s or so?

So here's the basic plot information, for those curious, for AVP 2 -

The film opens with the Predalien wreaking havoc on the Predator ship from the end of the first AVP. Yes, unbelievably, the Predalien manages to kill everyone on board - which I find to be pretty damn silly, but whatever. The last Predator, mortally wounded, sends out a distress signal as they ship goes crash-landing back to earth, landing in the woods in Colorado.

One Predator comes to investigate the distress signal and finds evidence of the escaped predalien as well as two eggs that were in cold storage on the ship which have now hatched. A pair of hunters in the woods have been impregnated and chestbursted, leaving us with 2 more aliens to worry about. Our hero predator promptly sets to work tracking the 3 aliens that are now on the loose, soon following them to the local small town where most of the movie will occur.

Our lead heroes in the film are an ex-con dude and a soldier-girl who has just returned from Iraq - I assume that's who the two announced actors are going to be playing.

I opened the spoiler for just a second... I saw alipred which is awsome but I dare not read any further.... tell me Bishop2, Do u think us AvP fans enjoy this one? I don't mean "Will it be the best movie EVR!!", you seem to share fan love for AvP so what do u think of it (without telling too much)?

WTFimVENOM said:
I opened the spoiler for just a second... I saw alipred which is awsome but I dare not read any further.... tell me Bishop2, Do u think us AvP fans enjoy this one? I don't mean "Will it be the best movie EVR!!", you seem to share fan love for AvP so what do u think of it (without telling too much)?

Well, the script review that was published online only really talked about half the movie because they didn't want to spoil too much. I don't know, maybe the second half will be great, but the first half has a number of things I really don't like. There's a "nerdy high school kid trying to get the girl" subplot - um, what the hell is this, Friday the 13th Part 11?! There's the fact that we have aliens and preds in a populated area - in my opinion, that kinda pees all over Ripley's insistence that the aliens getting back to earth would mean total destruction, so I dislike that right from the start. There are a couple of cool-sounding action sequences, but... even the base setup sounds really wack to me. The opening sequence alone is kinda inane. I just don't know. I'm trying to be optimistic, but I really don't like this concept. Things seem... unpromising... but you know, I love the creatures, so I'll be there like a sucker on opening day.

I would link to the script review if I could, but unfortunately Fox demanded they take it down. However, I saved it on my computer before that happened, because I just know how Fox rolls and figured deletion was inevitable - they also demanded that the Wolverine script review be removed despite the fact that THAT one, at least, was glowingly positive.

ye I read that wolverine script, not quite the origin I wanted, but the script wasn't too bad, very much a run of the mill revenge story involving wolverine

Oh well.... Ill still be there on opening day too lol
How does the Wolverine movie look (any word on Villains or what story it will follow?)
(Im hoping for omega red and sabretooth)

WTFimVENOM said:
Oh well.... Ill still be there on opening day too lol
How does the Wolverine movie look (any word on Villains or what story it will follow?)
(Im hoping for omega red and sabretooth)

It's an origin story that has Wolverine spending most of the movie in Weapon X, Sabretooth and Stryker are the primary troublemakers from the looks of it. No sign of Omega Red, but again, they didn't spoil the whole script.

Bishop2 said:
It's an origin story that has Wolverine spending most of the movie in Weapon X, Sabretooth and Stryker are the primary troublemakers from the looks of it. No sign of Omega Red, but again, they didn't spoil the whole script.
Good to hear :up: :up:

sabertooth is in it, agent x is there as part of the weapon x program, he watches over logans procedure with a bored look and cracking his knuckles, theres a few mutant cameo's, I think sabertooth kills a mutant at some circus fair, where there is like mutant freakshows, If i can remember right, blob's there.

The story has elements of alot of the different origin stories, he lives in canada, as a woodsman, with his girlfriend,
sabertooth kills her
and than the revenge story kicks off

^AVP2 sounds ****ing terrible, God this will be a disaster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree, personally I would of loved to see the most recent origin story, where logan was actually james howlett the rich kid, that was a brilliant twist and addition to the mythology of the character

gvcool2 said:
I agree, personally I would of loved to see the most recent origin story, where logan was actually james howlett the rich kid, that was a brilliant twist and addition to the mythology of the character

I'm actually kinda disappointed they're going with the "bone claws." I've never liked that addition to the character, myself, and I was hoping after Stryker's "I just gave you claws" line that they were going to go with the original intention of Wolverine's claws being part of the Weapon X experiment. After all, this guy already has enough powers! Enhanced healing, enhanced senses... does he need THREE mutations? But it's pretty much been accepted into the comics by now, so it's only natural we'd get da bones.

the bones worked so well in the origin story, but it seemed right with the character and storyline they had going on there, with this one it's just the rubbish small kid being bullied at school and mid fight he grows these claws hurting the jock...who cares?? matt murdock did the same thing with a stick in the film

I always thought they'd bring in the claws in like X-men 4 or something, hav mags rip out his metal, then they could explain it realisticly by saying that the bone grew in after the metal claws were put in or something. I thought that natural bone claws were too comicy for film, but this is cool too

gvcool2 said:
Actually I was thinking more like between 2006, '07 or '08 and not to take place in some artic research station, that's too cliche.

Just picture both the Preds and the Aliens having a big brawl in a populated city like New York or Los Angeles toppling buildings and monuments.

Predator 2 even though took place in 1997 doesn't count because the Preds killed mostly gangs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"