Rank the Alien films

Aliens (loved it)
Alien
Alien 3
Predator
Resurrection (don't know why I have a soft spot for it, maybe because its so rediculous)
Predators
AvP

Prometheus - this made me so angry that i ragequit the movie after 1/3rd of its runtime. This movie is simply insulting. Any time anything sience related comes up in the plot the movie goes full ******. It still makes me mad even thinking about it. Second worst movie I ever watched.

What are you talking about? The hybrid was meant to be pathetic and goofy. It was the ******ed offspring of a genetic experiment - a mix between human and alien dna. It was meant to be a total abomination of nature.
It was meant to be pathetic and certainly lived up to that, just not in the way it was meant to. The creature was poorly designed and poorly executed. The idea was so much better than the reality of what we got. That's why I think it's even lower than Prometheus' screw ups. At least in Prometheus it felt like they made an effort.

At least Prometheus felt like it could fit in the same universe, Resurrection felt like a parody of the franchise.

Parody of the franchise, I don't think so. Each Alien movies as it's own tone and this one was much more humorous than the others but that's J-P Jeunet style which can also be seen in the palette colors, the design and the heterogeneous crew.
About the New Born, well, the idea was not bad, the result not so much.
Parody is the like of AvP and AvP:R

Alien, Aliens >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Prometheus, Alien 3, Alien: Resurrection.

I don't want to watch Babylon 5 lol.

I mean it's not like i'm some crazy guy alone on this opinion. A lot of people were left wanting, considering the hype it was a huge let down and i don't think anyone expected the answer to the ultimate question. They just wanted something interesting that explored that concept.

The film didn't. Like i said, the interviews with Scott and Lindelof were really interesting and more thought provoking than the film itself. This is undeniably a problem.

Read what FILM CRIT HULK has to say on Prometheus. He breaks it down in a much better way that i possibly could.

In all seriousness B5 does ancient alien very well, it's also the best space opera ever made for TV.

But the first half of season one is rough.

Aliens

Alien

Alien 3

Alien Resurrection

I think 1 and 2 are both excellent. Aliens is my favorite, but Alien is very, very good as well. Aliens is one of the best sci-fi action thrillers ever, and Alien is one of the most suspenseful films ever (IMO).

After those two, unfortunately, it's a long drop. I don't enjoy 3 or 4 much. 3 is just depressing, and 4 is just dumb.

Alien 35th Anniversary Blu-ray Details, Package Art
Ryan Turek September 12th 2014, 6:52 am
October 7th sees the release of Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment’s Alien: 35th Anniversary Edition. This Limited-Edition Set includes both the theatrical version and director’s cut on Blu-ray, along with audio commentaries, deleted scenes and more — plus — a reprint of the original Alien illustrated comic and all-new, collectible art cards as a tribute to the late H.R. Giger, creator of the iconic movie monster that started it all.
When the crew of the space-tug Nostromo responds to a distress signal from a barren planet, they discover a mysterious life form that breeds within human hosts. The acid-blooded extraterrestrial proves to be the ultimate adversary as crew members battle to stay alive and prevent the deadly creature from reaching Earth.
Throughout 2014, Twentieth Century Fox Consumer Products is honoring the milestone 35th anniversary with a yearlong celebration marking the beginnings of the Alien legacy by releasing commemorative and fan-favorite products. Best in Class licensees including Dark Horse Comics, SEGA, NECA, Titan Publishing, Sideshow Collectibles, Diamond Select toys, Super7 x Funko and other partners will roll out exclusive branded publishing, toys and collectible merchandise worldwide to celebrate the Alien franchise.
The highly-anticipated first person survival horror game Alien: Isolation will be available on the PlayStation 4 computer entertainment system and Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, as well as PlayStation 3 computer entertainment system and the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and PC also on October 7th.
ALIEN: 35th Anniversary Edition Blu-ray Special Features

• Includes the 1979 Theatrical Version and 2003 Director’s Cut!
  • Audio Commentary by Director Ridley Scott, Cast and Crew
  • Audio Commentary by Ridley Scott (Theatrical Version Only)
  • Introduction by Ridley Scott (Director’s Cut Only)
  • Final Theatrical Isolated Score by Jerry Goldsmith
  • Composer’s Original Isolated Score by Jerry Goldsmith
  • Deleted and Extended Scenes
  • Digital HD
  • Alien Illustrated Comic
  • Collectible Art Cards

How much of that is new? There seem to be so many versions of Alien around.

I doubt any of it is new. There can't be much more left to release.

For me its Alien then Prometheus. Enjoyed Aliens but I don't think it's in quite the same league as the other two.

Wow my opinion has drastically changed since I posted this. I was relatively new to the series at the time.

My opinion of Prometheus has lowered quite a bit, last time I saw it I thought it was pretty boring. But my opinion of Aliens has gone up a ton. I still like Alien the best, I really love the atmospheric tension it builds up, but Aliens works so well as an action flick that it's really hard to choose between the two.

My ranking is:

Alien
Aliens

Prometheus
Alien 3

Alien Resurrection

Haven't seen any of the AVP movies.

Wow my opinion has drastically changed since I posted this. I was relatively new to the series at the time.

My opinion of Prometheus has lowered quite a bit, last time I saw it I thought it was pretty boring. But my opinion of Aliens has gone up a ton. I still like Alien the best, I really love the atmospheric tension it builds up, but Aliens works so well as an action flick that it's really hard to choose between the two.

My ranking is:

Alien
Aliens

Prometheus
Alien 3

Alien Resurrection

Haven't seen any of the AVP movies.

You're a smart man

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics