Alien VS Predator!

DACMAN

The Spidey Fan
Reaction score
Who would really win?

I think Alien because without the Predator's weapons he's only stronger than a man and unglier. He needs his arm blades, and a shoulder gun to do any real damage. The alien just needs it's mouth, or tail, or hands or whatever. If you simply go off of AVP the movie, the Alien had two kills before the Predator got one. It was even the same Alien that killed two Preds if I remember correctly. And the Preds that are there hunting are suppose to be above average killers to begin with. The alien was just an avarage everyday alien.

But Terminator would kill them both. :D

Last edited:
If you simply go off of AVP the movie, the Alien had two kills before the Predator got one. It was even the same Alien that killed two Preds if I remember correctly. And the Preds that are there hunting are suppose to be above average killers to begin with. The alien was just an avarage everyday alien.
that was deeply flawed logic. there's no way one alien would've killed 2 predators within 5 minutes of each other. that whole movie was a damn joke...no one should EVER base their fictional and theoretical logic on the AvP movies.

that being said, i think that even if a predator didn't have it's weapons that it would still win over an alien since predators are hunters and have a better understand of how aliens work than aliens understand how predators work. however, if it were 1 predator without weapons against a wave of aliens, you can forget it...aliens would easily win.

The Predator wins, simply because he's more equipped to handle the xenomorph than the xenomorph is to handle him. Yeah, if it was just naked AvP, the xenomorph would win, but what hunter goes after dangerous prey unarmed?

that was deeply flawed logic. there's no way one alien would've killed 2 predators within 5 minutes of each other. that whole movie was a damn joke...no one should EVER base their fictional and theoretical logic on the AvP movies.

that being said, i think that even if a predator didn't have it's weapons that it would still win over an alien since predators are hunters and have a better understand of how aliens work than aliens understand how predators work. however, if it were 1 predator without weapons against a wave of aliens, you can forget it...aliens would easily win.

I think the question is simply: one alien vs one predator.

Yeah, without weapons it's kind of a no brainer. I think I might change my answer to alien being the winner as long as the predator doesn't have his shoulder gun. That's why they got so messed up in that one movie we don't talk about. Once the Predator got his shoulder gun he killed like 2 or 3 aliens right away. And to dismiss a movie's take on two aliens fighting just because you didn't like it is flawed. The studio that owns the rights to both character's decided on what would happen. They are the authority on the subject. So logic would actually dictate that you should pay attention to the movie. Saying we shouldn't just makes you look like an egocentric predator fan. You aren't the authrority on these fictional characters, Fox is. And they say an alien could wupp two predators no problem.

And if we're giving the Predator every weapon he can possibly have, why not make him fight an alien that is the baddest of the bad? The queen. Which I don't think a Predator would have a chance at.

Last edited:
A well-equipped Predator would take out a Terminator too.

the reason i think the predator would win, regardless, is because predators are more cerebral and know how to expose their prey's weaknesses...where as most aliens will blindly charge/attack their victims. the longer a predator lasts against an alien, the less chance that alien has at defeating the predator. about the only thing that the alien really has over a naked predator is it's tail...which i'm sure most predators are aware of.

A well-equipped Predator would take out a Terminator too.

Not a well-equipped Terminator. The Terminator could see the cloacked, and if the Terminator is suppose to have just as many weapons as the Predator the Terminator would win every time. Terminators don't feel pain or fear, plus the Terminator would have futuristic weapons and such that could rival the Preds. A Terminator is stronger, and can process more information, faster.

Look at it this way. Arnold could beat a Predator as a human with no advanced weapon in the middle of a jungle. Now give Arnold a computer for a brain that is built for killing things, strength to crush cars with his fist, enhanced vision, the ability to never feel pain or fear, a metal skeleton, and futuristic weapons and you have a no brainer. Even if the Predator shoots off a leg and an arm it's not like the Terminator can bleed out, a Predator can. The Terminator has every possible advantage.

Last edited:

As lame as I thought the movie was, I don't find it that unbelievable. The first kill occured because the Predators didn't know the Aliens were already running around. And Aliens have a reputation for being stealthy killers.

Then we get the second kill and that basically played out similar to Predator 2. Where Harrigan was basically already defeated and the Predator got cocky and took his time. Same thing here.

I don't agree with that. Aliens are the perfect killing machines. Sure, the Predator might have a better understanding of how the Alien works, but with what is he gonna kill the Alien? Beat it to death with his fists?

Not a well-equipped Terminator. The Terminator could see the cloacked, and if the Terminator is suppose to have just as many weapons as the Predator the Terminator would win every time. Terminators don't feel pain or fear, plus the Terminator would have futuristic weapons and such that could rival the Preds. A Terminator is stronger, and can process more information, faster.

Look at it this way. Arnold could beat a Predator as a human with no advanced weapon in the middle of a jungle. Now give Arnold a computer for a brain that is built for killing things, strength to crush cars with his fist, enhanced vision, and futuristic weapons and you have a no brainer.

The thing is, the T-800 never really used futuristic weapons, just modern day weapons. And there's no way to tell if the robot is stronger or can see through the Predator's cloaking tech.

Even then, the Terminators are killers, while the Predators are hunters, and we have no real way to tell how a Terminator would fare against a foe who regularly uses stealth and battlefield manipulation against it.

And let's not forget, Terminators don't really bother to dodge. So if a Predator had a weapon that is powerful enough to take a Terminator down, it'd be an easy win.

the reason i think the predator would win, regardless, is because predators are more cerebral and know how to expose their prey's weaknesses...where as most aliens will blindly charge/attack their victims. the longer a predator lasts against an alien, the less chance that alien has at defeating the predator. about the only thing that the alien really has over a naked predator is it's tail...which i'm sure most predators are aware of.

It's tail, it's second jaw, it's acid blood, it's agility and ability to crawl on walls. Have you even seen an alien movie? How about Aliens? The Aliens are extremely smart. Smart enough to cut the power to a building because they knew the people stuck inside can't see in the dark. Smart enough to understand electricity and lights. And intelligent enough to understand the power of fear. The aliens have never been portrayed as stupid and willing to "blindly charge/attack their victims." Did you see Aliens? How about Alien Resurrection? They had an entire subplot in that movie about how intelligent these things are. And how quickly they learn.

As lame as I thought the movie was, I don't find it that unbelievable. The first kill occured because the Predators didn't know the Aliens were already running around. And Aliens have a reputation for being stealthy killers.
predators also have a reputation for being stealthy killers :oldrazz:

that first kill occurred because the script writers suck and they need to add a fight scene when the movie was beginning to drag. the woman that the predator was about to kill was able to see the alien, and the predator had a good 5 seconds to react to her looking at the predator...but some apparent (stupid) reason the predator didn't notice her looking at something that wasn't a predator. most predators aren't stupid grunts and that's what the first 2 predators were written like.

I don't agree with that. Aliens are the perfect killing machines. Sure, the Predator might have a better understanding of how the Alien works, but with what is he gonna kill the Alien? Beat it to death with his fists?
despite Aliens being much stronger than humans, it's primarily made of bones and acid for blood. it doesn't have much muscle...whereas predators are obviously made of more than just bones. predators are very powerful and have more than enough muscle power to snap alien limbs and necks. as long as the predator watches out for the alien's tail and inner mouth then the Predator actually has the advantage. when it comes to aliens vs predators...the only REAL advantage aliens have over predators are their numbers. i would say speed and agility, but predators are pretty swift and agile themselves.

It's tail, it's second jaw, it's acid blood, it's agility and ability to crawl on walls. Have you even seen an alien movie?
i'll give you acid blood and the ability to climb on walls, but a predator can easily avoid the 2nd jaw and tail.

The Aliens are extremely smart. Smart enough to cut the power to a building because they knew the people stuck inside can't see in the dark. Smart enough to understand electricity and lights. And intelligent enough to understand the power of fear. The aliens have never been portrayed as stupid and willing to "blindly charge/attack their victims." Did you see Aliens?
yes, they have environmental tactics...and of course they understand fear (so do predators), but in actual battle it's not like they dance around their victims for a minute or 2 to figure out how they move and how they react. when they see their victims they pretty much just go for it. in contrast, the predator will most likely take a moment to assess the situation and think about the best way to kill their prey.

The thing is, the T-800 never really used futuristic weapons, just modern day weapons. And there's no way to tell if the robot is stronger or can see through the Predator's cloaking tech.

Even then, the Terminators are killers, while the Predators are hunters, and we have no real way to tell how a Terminator would fare against a foe who regularly uses stealth and battlefield manipulation against it.

The Terminator was built to infultrait human bases. I'm sure they know a thing or two about manipulation. And they also serve on the battlefield, so I'm sure they know a thing or two about warfare. And if we're going down the road of "maybe a Terminator doesn't have heat vision" road, which it actually says in Terminator that the HK's have thermal vision, then how do we know ANY of the Predators weapons could even harm the metal skeleton of a T-800? We are never told what kind of metal it is.

In this battle, if the Predator is getting all available weapons a Predator can have, then why shouldn't the Terminator be given the futuristic weapons they have?

t3endoskeletons1.jpg

Terminator.jpg

terminator_004.jpg

You're wrong. We've seen the Terminator use all kinds of furturistic weapons. As early as Terminator 1 when we see Franco Columbo as a Terminator in the future.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jI42TeuwlMw

Last edited:
predators also have a reputation for being stealthy killers :oldrazz:

Which doesn't make them immune to other stealth kills.

that first kill occurred because the script writers suck and they need to add a fight scene when the movie was beginning to drag. the woman that the predator was about to kill was able to see the alien, and the predator had a good 5 seconds to react to her looking at the predator...but some apparent (stupid) reason the predator didn't notice her looking at something that wasn't a predator. most predators aren't stupid grunts and that's what the first 2 predators were written like.

She saw the tail, which was behind the Predator, but he was invisible, so she looked through him. Which to the Predator would still appear that she looked at him.

despite Aliens being much stronger than humans, it's primarily made of bones and acid for blood. it doesn't have much muscle...whereas predators are obviously made of more than just bones. predators are very powerful and have more than enough muscle power to snap alien limbs and necks. as long as the predator watches out for the alien's tail and inner mouth then the Predator actually has the advantage. when it comes to aliens vs predators...the only REAL advantage aliens have over predators are their numbers. i would say speed and agility, but predators are pretty swift and agile themselves.

Sure, Aliens might no exactly have muscles, that doesn't make them any weaker though. They demonstrated enough feats of strength in the movies, that makes them easily at least equally as strong as Predators, if not even stronger. Aliens have been shown to dent and tear steel doors down. The Alien in part 3 even survived tons of hot lead getting poured on it and jumped out of it.

I don't think a Predator would have such an easy time to break an Alien's limbs. And since pretty much everything about on an Alien is deadly, a Predator should avoid at all cost a prolonged melee combat with an Alien.

Saying an Alien could kill a Predator is like saying a deer could kill a hunter, it makes no sense.

But I think a wave of Aliens could take one out.

Saying an Alien could kill a Predator is like saying a deer could kill a hunter, it makes no sense.

But I think a wave of Aliens could take one out.

:facepalm:

You forced my hand. I never wanted to use Picard. But I did. Are you happy now?! :cmad:

Which doesn't make them immune to other stealth kills.
true, but neither do those abilities ensure an alien victory. so i guess the edge goes to neither species when it comes to stealth.

She saw the tail, which was behind the Predator, but he was invisible, so she looked through him. Which to the Predator would still appear that she looked at him.
good point, but to combat that...i'd like to know how the alien's tail miraculously grew several extra feet. ;) see? there's so much flawed logic in that movie that it's practically impossible to use the AvP movies as a measure for how Aliens and Predators would combat each other.

Sure, Aliens might no exactly have muscles, that doesn't make them any weaker though.
skin and bones vs bones surrounded by mass muscle...i think we all know which one would win.

They demonstrated enough feats of strength in the movies, that makes them easily at least equally as strong as Predators, if not even stronger.
they're very strong, but there's NO WAY they're strong than Predators. it's simple physics. when roughly the same height, you can't be stronger than something that has more muscle than you.

Aliens have been shown to dent and tear steel doors down. The Alien in part 3 even survived tons of hot lead getting poured on it and jumped out of it.
yeah...despite its ability to hold acid blood, i have problems with believing that an Alien could've made it out with no more than 2nd degree burns when tons of boiling hot lead was dropped on it's head. it's not impossible, but it's highly improbable. i could see that for a queen, but not a regular alien.

I don't think a Predator would have such an easy time to break an Alien's limbs. And since pretty much everything about on an Alien is deadly, a Predator should avoid at all cost a prolonged melee combat with an Alien.
i totally agree with that last part, but if a predator can secure a limb from an alien then it would easily be able to snap that limb. the problem is securing the limb without compromising it's position.

Last edited:
i'll give you acid blood and the ability to climb on walls, but a predator can easily avoid the 2nd jaw and tail.

Tell that to this guy at 4:29. And when you done doing that tell that to this Predator at 7:58.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgZiRbEtPZg

Oh wait, this movie sucks so it doesn't count. :whatever:

Which is actually funny because it seems like that's the only real defense you guys have. Because if we can't trust the movies what can we go on? The movies are the sole authorities on this. Not even the comics are. These characters started off in film. And the films are pretty clear that 9/10 times an alien is going to eat the face of the Predator.

And then the Terminator kills both :D

Last edited:
good point, but to combat that...i'd like to know how the alien's tail miraculously grew several extra feet. ;) see? there's so much flawed logic in that movie that it's practically impossible to use the AvP movies as a measure for how Aliens and Predators would combat each other.

Both Movies were flawed. AvP:R even more though. The Alien tail suddenly growing is just as bad as the Predator getting jumped by two Aliens and not getting shredded to pieces.

From watching the Alien and Predator movies I know what both species are capable of. For a Predator it should pretty much always border on suicide to fight an Alien in close combat without weapons. And Aliens should be able to quickly learn not to charge a well armed Predator.

The Alien simply isn't as weak as you believe it to be.

:facepalm:

You forced my hand. I never wanted to use Picard. But I did. Are you happy now?! :cmad:
:awesome:

Thats just the way I see it. I will never buy that 1v1 an Alien could take out a Predator.

true, but neither do those abilities ensure an alien victory. so i guess the edge goes to neither species when it comes to stealth.

Disagree. I'd say the edge goes to the alien as it can stick to wall, is black, and apprently has no problem seeing a cloaked Predator. Not to mention the alien films seem to allude to the fact aliens some how can sense, or see people even through walls. The AVP game seems to confirm this as well. And the ONLY stealth kill we see in any of the AVP movies is from an alien. That's pretty over whelming proof.

good point, but to combat that...i'd like to know how the alien's tail miraculously grew several extra feet. ;)

The only defense you people have is to call the movie stupid, which is a bad defense. And to answer your question might I suggest a health class at any local Jr. High? They'll teach you how humans have a body part that can grow to almost ten times longer in size. It's not outside the realm of possibilty that an alien could have a tail that grows and shrinks at will. Other animals have tongues that can grow to dozens of times normal size when in use. You seem to be looking for holes in the fight because the alien is the obvious winner and you are a die-hard fan of the Predator or something.

see? there's so much flawed logic in that movie that it's practically impossible to use the AvP movies as a measure for how Aliens and Predators would combat each other

I think I just destroyed that arguement. Next!

Last edited:
:awesome:

Thats just the way I see it. I will never buy that 1v1 an Alien could take out a Predator.

Well that's just because you're bias, not because you're right.

Tell that to this guy at 4:29. And when you done doing that tell that to this Predator at 7:58.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgZiRbEtPZg
well the first predator was just stupid or careless...that's all. the 2nd one, there's no way he would've just lied their while the alien eats his face. he would've rolled or dodged or something. however, i guess the script writers have never been in real combat...which is probably why that whole sequence felt like a WWE match.

Oh wait, this movie sucks so it doesn't count. :whatever:
uh.......but it did, and it'd doesnt......which is why the new movie is totally ignoring those films.

Which is actually funny because it seems like that's the only real defense you guys have. Because if we can't trust the movies what can we go on? The movies are the sole authorities on this.
not the AVP ones. they're BS made in order to exploit 2 dying franchises. i question the amount of love and care that was put into those movies. however, P1, P2, A1, and A2...i don't question because most of the actions in those films are probable.

And then the Terminator kills both :D
i could definitely see that.

Well that's just because you're bias, not because you're right.

Not bias it's an opinion, I like both franchises. Fact is that the Predator is a trained hunter, thats his sole purpose to hunt and kill. An Alien is vicious but it doesn't have the skills or resources to take a Predator out 1 on 1, but like I said before things would be different if a horde of them attacked a Predator.

Oh and I never said I was right btw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"