Alien VS Predator!

I doubt that. Thats like saying an experienced hunter could take down a Grizzly bear without large weapons.

Except that we are talking fiction here but I am sure John Rambo can take down a bear :)
A Predator is like a space spartian, a race born to hunt, if I understand the mythos killing an alien is but a rite of passage to become a full Predator so I imagine that an elder is an ultimate hunter, a space Conan.

I doubt that. Thats like saying an experienced hunter could take down a Grizzly bear without large weapons.

saying a predator with no weapons against an alien is like saying a human hunter with no guns against a tiger. king kong vs. aliens would be a better matchup

not really...humans aren't as agile as a tiger or as strong as a bear. however, Predators are both agile and strong, even when compared to an alien. also, tigers and bears are significantly bigger in mass than humans...while most predators are roughly the same size as regular aliens, except predators have more muscle.

an unarmed predator with a general knowledge of alien functions and anatomy should be able to take on an alien without too much trouble and at the very LEAST hold it's own against one.

One on one in a straight up fight a Pred beats out an Alien.

Acting as a horde the Alien takes out a horde of Preds.

/end thread.

Well, Predators have claws, strenght, a brain and their entire culture is based on hunting ( or so it seems ), I would think that even unarmed a Predator ( not a young pup like in AvP ) can beat an Alien ( the minion not the Queen ).

They weren't "young pups" in AvP. They were like 18 year olds. You make it sound like they got thrown in there as babies or something. Plus, like you just said, you have to figure they have been preparing for this their entire lives. The aliens in the movie were alive for like a few hours and still slaughtered them.

And an unarmed Predator being able to take on an Alien is too ridiculous to even argue. If they don't need the weapons why do they carry them?

Or look at it this way. We've seen an armed Predator get slaughtered by an alien, what makes you think that taking away his weapons will turn him into a superhero?

One on one in a straight up fight a Pred beats out an Alien.

Acting as a horde the Alien takes out a horde of Preds.

/end thread.

We've seen one alien take out TWO Predators. So, yeah.

Oh, and they were both armed with everything except plasma cannons. But I'm sure if they were naked they could have won. :oldrazz:

We've seen one alien take out TWO Predators. So, yeah.

Oh, and they were both armed with everything except plasma cannons. But I'm sure if they were naked they could have won. :oldrazz:

One of the Preds got jumped to be fair. He wasn't even aware Aliens were in the room.

And in AVP2 the Pred took out how many Aliens?

i can't express enough how wrong AvP got the predators...

predclosemouth.jpg

[Predator 2 (left) & AVP Predator (right)]

...the one on the left looks like a mean, badass somunumboch while the one on the right looks like doughey down syndromed crap with fangs. if they couldn't even get the predators to LOOK like genuine predators what makes anyone think that they would get the predators to ACT like genuine predators? the aliens in AvP aren't perfect either, but they did a huge disservice to predators the way they were portrayed in AvP. case in point, this ham-filled scene...

bscap0001tg.jpg

...and before this, the predator cut off the head of an alien, gave it to that woman, and also made a makeshift spear for her out of an alien tail. i understand predators can have respect for warriors of a different race, but it's hard to fathom that it would go out of it's way to protect and defend a human. regardless of who released them, i don't consider the AvP movies canon...and it looks like neither the Alien nor Predator franchises are acknowledging those movies either.

Last edited:
If there was ONE thing AVP2 got right it was the attitude and behavior of the Predator.

They weren't "young pups" in AvP. They were like 18 year olds. You make it sound like they got thrown in there as babies or something. Plus, like you just said, you have to figure they have been preparing for this their entire lives. The aliens in the movie were alive for like a few hours and still slaughtered them.

And an unarmed Predator being able to take on an Alien is too ridiculous to even argue. If they don't need the weapons why do they carry them?

Or look at it this way. We've seen an armed Predator get slaughtered by an alien, what makes you think that taking away his weapons will turn him into a superhero?

In AvP the Preds were weak and careless, even the badest of them,Scare, needed the help of a human !

As to "why did they carry weapons" question I will answer to be prepared to all kind of situations, also in AvP it is justified because there is a swarm of Alien, not just one.
I still think that a full grown Pred ( unarmed or with only his wrist blades ) can take down an Alien.

Well at least he killed them instead of befriending them.

The Predator befriending the chick made perfect sense. It's the one instinct more primal than the hunt; Nailing hot alien babes. If that ****ing Alien Queen hadn't impaled him, he would have probably gotten some hot interplanetary nookie!

One of the Preds got jumped to be fair. He wasn't even aware Aliens were in the room.

What's your excuse for the second?

And in AVP2 the Pred took out how many Aliens?

He was suppose to be the best of the best. Which is why I said to be fair he'd have to fight an alien queen, or at least a warrior alien from Alien 3. Because in the end a Predalien killed him, the same Predalien that killed an entire ship full of Predators. So I'm saying a queen/warrior alien would too.

We've seen young Preds fight young aliens and the aliens won big time.

Last edited:
Predators could kill Aliens with their awesome dance skills.

He was suppose to be the best of the best. Which is why I said to be fair he'd have to fight an alien queen, or at least a warrior alien from Alien 3. Because in the end a Predalien killed him, the same Predalien that killed an entire ship full of Predators. So I'm saying a queen/warrior alien would too.

But in fairness to the Predator in AVP 2, he put his 2 claws into the Predalien's cranium before he was impaled by it's tail:woot:.

So... really they killed each other.

What's your excuse for the second?

He was an idiot? He did hit him with the net and just sort of stood there patting himself on the back. They were rookies so to speak.

I'm not saying a Pred will ALWAYS beat an Alien one-on-one but I'd give it to the Pred 7/10 times.

So then by your logic wouldn't it be unfair to the Preds to judge them in the first movie by the performance of three inexperienced warriors?

Who have been training their entire lives for this hunt? No, it wouldn't.

Either Predators train their entire lives for the hunt and that's what makes them so awesome or they don't. You guys can't have it both ways. Not to mention they were going after aliens that had been alive for less than 24 hours.

Last edited:
But in fairness to the Predator in AVP 2, he put his 2 claws into the Predalien's cranium before he was impaled by it's tail:woot:.

So... really they killed each other.

True. But the Predalien was young. He wasn't even a warrior alien, or a queen. A young Predalien killed a seasoned, best of the best Predator. I'm saying a warrior alien or queen would destroy him. I don't think that two day old Predalien was suppose to be the best of the best an alien could offer.

We've seen what happens when young Predators go against young aliens. The aliens destroyed them. We've seen what happens when a season Pred goes after young aliens, the seasoned Pred destroyed the aliens until one killed him. We've yet to see a seasoned Pred go against a warrior alien or queen. But seeing as how young aliens kill young Preds, logic would dictate that a warrior alien or queen would kill a seasoned Pred.

Last edited:
I'm sorry, but if Ripley and other humans had no problems killing Aliens left and right, the Predators are assumed to be smarter and more advanced. Predators would exterminate the Alien race if they had a reason to.

To the Predator Aliens are just like quail on steroids, they just use them to hunt.

I'm sorry, but if Ripley and other humans had no problems killing Aliens left and right, the Predators are assumed to be smarter and more advanced. Predators would exterminate the Alien race if they had a reason to.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!! ARE YOU KIDDING!?!? Danny Glover killed a Predator! Danny Freaken Glover!!!!!!!!!!!! Game over. Check mate. We're done.

And Ripley and her gang of (say it with me) MARINES killed aliens. One alien killed her entire crew.

To the Predator Aliens are just like quail on steroids, they just use them to hunt.

Considering their "quail" killed two out of three of them in AvP with in the first five minutes of seeing them, and then killed the third and last Pred by the end of the film, I'd say that analogy sucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"