Alien VS Predator!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!! ARE YOU KIDDING!?!? Danny Glover killed a Predator! Danny Freaken Glover!!!!!!!!!!!! Game over. Check mate. We're done.

And Ripley and her gang of (say it with me) MARINES killed aliens. One alien killed her entire crew.
The space marines in "Aliens" killed over a dozen aliens. The special forces team in Predator got wiped out by a single predator.

So special forces can kill aliens rather easily but not a predator.

I think up close an unarmed predator loses to the alien because Dutch was able to kill a predator using some primitive booby traps. That stuff would never stop an alien. They're too agile and resilient. The first predator suggest that without stealth and technology predators are at a great disadvantage. But with their stealth and weapon technology they're almost untouchable. No way an alien kills a stealthy armed predator, queen or not.

Alien vs Predator. Who wins?

In one day one may win, in the next, the victory may belong to the other.
I think a battle between the two depends on the odds, on the enviroment, on the atmosphere, on the preparation...

I think all battles, where the characters are almost or equally dangerous, fast, strong, each with their own tricks, should receive more attention and the benefit of doubt. It depends on the odds, on the enviroment, on the atmosphere, on the preparation...
It's easy to just point ''Alien'' or ''Predator''. Not all Aliens are equal and the same goes to the Predators.

It's like a football team that is about to face another team. It might win in one day, but it doesn't mean that it is the better team or that the other team will never be able to conquer victory.

An alien can win. A predator can win. What are the odds? And who could say one of them wouldn't overcome improbable odds?

Last edited:
Predators have more of a long range advantage though, between their shoulder cannons and shrinking nets. The only long range attack I've ever seen an Alien use is sPray acid from an injured tail.

Considering their "quail" killed two out of three of them in AvP with in the first five minutes of seeing them, and then killed the third and last Pred by the end of the film, I'd say that analogy sucks.

So your saying they don't use them to hunt? Oh ok must be nice to change things around how you see fit.

I say whoever the writer of the movies wants to win.

in avp 1 paul idiot anderson ****ed over aliens which was clear by how strong he made the aliens. one alien killed 2 predators in 10 minutes and ultimately the queen won because it was the last one alive.

in avp 2-******ed, the strause knuckleheads made the predator almost invincible becuase he alone killed over a dozen aliens and ultimately the queen but it ended up being a wash because a nuke took both out which was the biggest cop out I have ever seen when a winner need to be named.

so unless you guys know a real predator and alien lying around who we can get to fight to the death in one of our backyards this conversation is like 2 bumbling men in a old folks home yelling my dream is better then yours.

Who have been training their entire lives for this hunt? No, it wouldn't.

Either Predators train their entire lives for the hunt and that's what makes them so awesome or they don't. You guys can't have it both ways. Not to mention they were going after aliens that had been alive for less than 24 hours.

Training is not real world experience.

And its sadly clear you're the one trying to have it both ways.

"NO THE PRED IN 2 DOESN'T COUNT! YES THE PREDS IN 1 DO! "

Yes the one in 2 is a hardcore Pred and the one's in 1 are rookies. So we can assume that the skill of an average Pred lies somewhere in between.

Last edited:
The space marines in "Aliens" killed over a dozen aliens. The special forces team in Predator got wiped out by a single predator.

No. I love your selective memory. Special forces from the 80's can get wiped out by a single Predator they don't know is there. When they do know Dutch killed the Predator with old style booby-traps. And the Marines in Aliens were from over 200 years in the future, as were their weapons. They also knew exactly what they were going there to do. Kill Xenomorphs. There is a big difference.

Predators have more of a long range advantage though, between their shoulder cannons and shrinking nets. The only long range attack I've ever seen an Alien use is sPray acid from an injured tail.

Never seen Alien Resurrection have you?

And its sadly clear you're the one trying to have it both ways.

"NO THE PRED IN 2 DOESN'T COUNT! YES THE PREDS IN 1 DO! "
I never said it doesn't count. Don't put words in my mouth. I simply said rookie alien beats rookie Pred. And a seasoned Pred beat most of the rookie aliens. But a rookie alien beat the seasoned Pred in the end (well, they killed eachother but you get it).

Last edited:
This is the first time I've seen you acknowledge the "rookie" qualifier. Until now its been Alien beats 2 Preds, period.

But a rookie alien beat the seasoned Pred in the end (well, they killed eachother but you get it).

Is there even such a thing as a rookie Alien? They seem to come out of the chest ready to go with everything they need to know. I don't know if they "accumulate" experience the same way a human or a Predator would.

But anyway the Predalien is a totally different case altogether. I think its clear we're talking average Xenomorph drone verses Predator.

An alien in Alien Resurrection spat acid.

I never said it doesn't count. Don't put words in my mouth. I simply said rookie alien beats rookie Pred. And a seasoned Pred beat most of the rookie aliens. But a rookie alien beat the seasoned Pred in the end (well, they killed eachother but you get it).
AvP made the predators seem frail compared to P1 and P2, AVP:R was an attempt to redeem the image of predators by making him badass...but they made him TOO invincible...

...which is why i don't acknowledge neither movie when it comes to pitting the 2 alien monsters together. each one easily has their own bias.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!! ARE YOU KIDDING!?!? Danny Glover killed a Predator! Danny Freaken Glover!!!!!!!!!!!! Game over. Check mate. We're done.

And Ripley and her gang of (say it with me) MARINES killed aliens. One alien killed her entire crew.

Not before they killed many drones. Hell, their sentry guns killed an untold amount of Aliens before it ran out of bullets.

Right. Drones.

Besides, that doesn't change the fact DANNY GLOVER KILLED A PRED!

What's the problem with Danny?

if I recall correctly danny glover also slayed a fire breathing dragon

so Danny Glover took out a predator, in Alien Resurrection a dude in a wheelchair held his own against several aliens...

But never killed them.

Danny Glover did it with one hand.

Besides, it was one in the ceiling that he got to run away. Which if I recall was one of the things someone said an alien wasn't even smart enough to do.

doesn't matter if the alien was never killed (though i can't see why an alien would just leave him alone like that), we're talking about how lethal these species are and a ship swarming with aliens couldn't even kill a paraplegic. the aliens also failed to capture a little girl while she was by herself. it wasn't until the Marines intervened that she was finally caught. at least when the predator didn't kill the women it was because of honor, not because they couldn't. Danny Glover killing a predator doesn't look so bad when you keep in mind how the aliens couldn't kill a paraplegic or a girl by her lonesome.

when a predator comes after you, you better have intelligence, luck, a survival instinct, coordination, and some nice weapons with you if you even want to SURVIVE and you have to kill the thing if you want to stop it from hunting you. when an alien comes after you, it seems all you need is a gun (paraplegic) or a distraction (little girl) and you'll either be able to kill it before it gets you or it will run elsewhere, not necessarily continuing to hunt you.

also...keep in mind that the 2 alien movies where 1 alien killed several people, none of those people had real weaponry or even proper tactical training. however, the 2 predator movies where 1 predator killed several people, each person had at least minimal firepower and tactical/combat training.

Plus, Danny's character was one fierce cop in the movie. And it's not like he just killed the Predator.
He've been through a hell of a time to do it.

Aliens established the simple fact that it is easy to kill an Alien. They're simplistic, mindless, creatures that are frail against weaponry like we are. The reason why the characters get slaughtered in the Alien movies is either:
A. When there is only one Alien, nobody has any weapons to take it down and without any weapons, you're screwed.

B. When you do have weapons, there are hundreds of them and you're screwed simply because they have the advantage of numbers.

The Predator on the other hand is a hunter that hunts the deadliest prey with advanced weaponry. It can turn freaking invisible! It can retreat when needed to treat its wounds. It has a mind that can develop strategies and plans.

It makes perfect sense for special forces to mow down Aliens and yet get defeated by a single Predator.

Also, from watching the first 2 Predator movies. I get the sense that the Predator in P1 was an older, wiser more seasoned Predator who was out on safari. It seemed in P2, the Predator was a seasoned Predator, but perhaps still a little younger. He just seemed more agrrogant and cocky.

If we are talking about a seasoned Predator vs a seasoned alien then the alien wins hands down. We got to see a new born alien fight a fairly young Predator (although the Predators had been training their entire lives to fight these aliens.) The alien won...twice in AvP. The same alien killed two well trained Predators. Then we saw a seasoned Pred fight very young aliens in AvP 2. The seasoned Pred killed most of the aliens until a young alien (the Predalien) killed the seasoned Pred.

But a Praetorian vs a seasoned Predator is no contest. Praetorian rips the Predator apart no problem.

http://aliens.wikia.com/wiki/Praetorian

This is the first time I've seen you acknowledge the "rookie" qualifier. Until now its been Alien beats 2 Preds, period.

Is there even such a thing as a rookie Alien? They seem to come out of the chest ready to go with everything they need to know. I don't know if they "accumulate" experience the same way a human or a Predator would.

But anyway the Predalien is a totally different case altogether. I think its clear we're talking average Xenomorph drone verses Predator.

:D Yeah. There are different levels. They mature all the way up to a queen. The last stage before queen is a Praetorian, which would eat the face off a Predator in two seconds.

Last edited:
So your saying they don't use them to hunt? Oh ok must be nice to change things around how you see fit.

That's called a strawman argument. You built a faulty premiss and then continued to tare it down like you actually just defeated my arguement. I never said they don't use them to hunt. I did say your comparison sucks though. The fact an alien (the same alien mind you) killed two Preds out right shows that.

I've never heard of a Praetorian alien. I thought the life cycle was egg, facehugger, chestburster, drone, Queen. Queens were either born from a "special" egg/facehugger or "mutated" from a drone in a Queen-less environment. I think I read that in one of those Alien novels, forever ago.

I've never heard of a Praetorian alien. I thought the life cycle was egg, facehugger, chestburster, drone, Queen. Queens were either born from a "special" egg/facehugger or "mutated" from a drone in a Queen-less environment. I think I read that in one of those Alien novels, forever ago.

Exactly, egg, facehugger, chestburster, warrior ( drone or whatever ) and Queen.
I've always assumed that like the bee when there is no Queen one of larva/egg in the host become one.

Praetorian alien, soon they will wear armors and say "Ave Queen Alien Those who will be slaughtered by fat Morpheuse and The Pianist salute you" !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"