• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

X-Men ‘97 X-Men ‘97 News and Discussion Thread (TAG SPOILERS!!!!)

Would now be a bad time to mention that Beast once did this after he was dumped by Trish Tilby in the X-Men run this season has loosely adapted parts from?

New-X-Men-125-Beast-Claims-Hes-Gay.jpg

This subplot hasn't aged well at all.
Aged about as well as Jean outing Iceman tbh. I don't miss that era of people claiming that Jean is "forcing him to believe his gay" just because of how badly written that was.

I would love if they had the balls to properly write a coming out arc for Bobby.

And I like the idea of Jean knowing, not because she's a telepath, but because of the connection they have. Sort of like Ian coming out to Fiona scene in Shameless.

- I'm gay.
- I know.

Season 2 I would like to see roster expanded to colossus banshee iceman and psylocke also wouldn’t mind seeing Emma in a smaller role and hopefully s3 we see her on the roster
Banshee is dead. Not that death ever stopped mutants before.

Out of the iconic X-Men - Iceman, Colossus, Angel and Psylocke are top of my list to join season 2. I'm hoping 1 of them at least makes it to the regular roster. Iceman and Colossus are iconic X-Men. Angel is an OG who seems to always get the short stick in these adaptations. And there should be new female face/s in the team. Psylocke hasn't been a regular in any X-Men cartoon. Emma, Shadowcat and Armor were in the past.

I still don't see Morph as essential and needed. Psylocke as a X-Woman would bring so much joy to me, than Morph morphing to 100 characters. Bishop was such a wasted opportunity. It was kinda surreal they picked him out of the many mutants to join that regular roster, and have that "shot" in the intro. But his time was really short lived. Nightcrawler joining the team and being added in the intro, was a very good move and I'm hoping they would develop him more in the second season.

As for Emma. It would be a waste to keep her alive and made her Shine Like a Diamond, in that episode for her not to comeback. Emma is a really popular X-Woman in the comics, and has been made a regular X-Men member in Wolverine and the X-Men and X-Men Anime, so it won't be new if she's running side by side with the X-Men for the next season. But I would save her joining the team for the third season.

In terms of new X-Women, there aren't too many choices. Psylocke and Shadowcat are next in line after Storm, Jean and Rogue, in terms of general importance in the X-Men mythos. I would like to see them both join the team before Emma. Polaris, Dazzler and Rachel are B-tier X-Women who don't really get the spotlight outside of the comics. So I don't see them being added into the team. Armor, Cecilia Reyes, Sage and Marrow aren't huge names in the X-Men comics and I can't see them taking a spot over bigger names. X-23 is a Wolverine clone and why include her this early for the 2nd season. Magik should be utilized in the New Mutants team and Domino should be in X-Force. So its really either Psylocke, Kitty or Emma for the fifth X-Woman role.

Aged about as well as Jean outing Iceman tbh. I don't miss that era of people claiming that Jean is "forcing him to believe his gay" just because of how badly written that was.
No Bobby was never into women he was gay. He just liked men. Bisexuality isn't a thing. :fuming:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"