Alien VS Predator!

I've never heard of a Praetorian alien. I thought the life cycle was egg, facehugger, chestburster, drone, Queen. Queens were either born from a "special" egg/facehugger or "mutated" from a drone in a Queen-less environment. I think I read that in one of those Alien novels, forever ago.

Whenever they expand on any kind of lore they add layers. There wasn't even going to be a queen alien until James Cameron came up with the idea. The eggs were suppose to develope from the dead bodies of people that had a drone in it. But look at the Alien in Alien 3, which wasn't just a drone. It has been called a lot of things. The most popular is a dog alien.

hansingdogalien2.jpg

But that may also be due to the fact it was part dog and nothing to do with the life cycle of an alien. But they also said it was suppose to protect the queen and it was a warrior alien. Which then later was given to the Praetorian alien.

Who again, would totally destroy a seasoned Pred.

DACMAN, are there ANY circumstances that you can see a predator killing an alien? EVERY SINGLE post of yours has the alien winning every outcome that you provide.

Yeah. A Predator can beat young aliens or simple drones as long as they have their shoulder guns. Without them their food.

But even with them they can't kill a Queen, warrior/dog alien, Predalien or a Praetorian.

I doubt that. They are more difficult to be sure but they are not impossible for a Predator to kill.

Without the plasma cannon thing? No way. If they get lucky maybe. But the fight would totally favor the alien without it. With it he'd mess up a good amount of aliens until a drone got lucky or a warrior went after him. But once he has to bring it in close he's going to get killed by the acid splash.

Last edited:
Whenever they expand on any kind of lore they add layers. There wasn't even going to be a queen alien until James Cameron came up with the idea. The eggs were suppose to develope from the dead bodies of people that had a drone in it. But look at the Alien in Alien 3, which wasn't just a drone. It has been called a lot of things. The most popular is a dog alien.

hansingdogalien2.jpg

But that may also be due to the fact it was part dog and nothing to do with the life cycle of an alien. But they also said it was suppose to protect the queen and it was a warrior alien. Which then later was given to the Praetorian alien.

Who again, would totally destroy a seasoned Pred.

Hi,

Original, in Alien3, the Alien came from a cow, it is still the case in the Director cut.

In the Alien life cycle, the host is not important, it is just a host. Note that after Alien 3 ( theater cut ) one may think that the Alien take some of the host caracteristic which isn't a bad idea IMO.

And no, a "Praetorian" Alien alone would not totaly destroy a seasoned Predator and by seasoned Pred I mean one who, at least, successfuly past the trial of worthiness ( not the wussy in AvP1 to be blunt ).

What the HELL is that doing in your garden!?

Terminator wins, and AVP WAS stupid, the Xeno goes from facehugger-embryo-chestburster-fully grown Xeno within MINUTES of in-film time. It's a silly movie really, thank god it's not canon.

Without the plasma cannon thing? No way. If they get lucky maybe. But the fight would totally favor the alien without it. With it he'd mess up a good amount of aliens until a drone got lucky or a warrior went after him. But once he has to bring it in close he's going to get killed by the acid splash.

He still has other decent weapons with some kind of range. Granted without his shoulder cannon his life expectancy has gone WAY down but he still has things like the disc and a staff weapon. Hell, a Pred COULD use the net effectively (instead of just staring at it and going durr).

Hi,

Original, in Alien3, the Alien came from a cow, it is still the case in the Director cut.

No, it was a dog in the theatrical cut.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alien_3

In the Alien life cycle, the host is not important, it is just a host. Note that after Alien 3 ( theater cut ) one may think that the Alien take some of the host caracteristic which isn't a bad idea IMO.

Which is why we have a Predalien. They do take some of the host characteristics.

About 2/3 down the page.
"Dog alien"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alien_(Alien_franchise)

And no, a "Praetorian" Alien alone would not totaly destroy a seasoned Predator and by seasoned Pred I mean one who, at least, successfuly past the trial of worthiness ( not the wussy in AvP1 to be blunt ).

If young aliens can take down young Preds, it is logical that a seasoned alien (a Praetorian) can kill a seasoned Pred. I don't think you even need a Praetorian, just a warrior from Alien 3. But I agree that a seasoned Pred could kill young drones.

Last edited:
No, it was a dog in the theatrical cut.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alien_3

Which is why we have a Predalien. They do take some of the host characteristics.

About 2/3 down the page.
"Dog alien"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alien_(Alien_franchise)

If young aliens can take down young Preds, it is logical that a seasoned alien (a Praetorian) can kill a seasoned Pred. I don't think you even need a Praetorian, just a warrior from Alien 3. But I agree that a seasoned Pred could kill young drones.

I said : it was originaly a cow and still the case in the Director Cut, not the theatrical cut, so yes :)

About the host : I said exactly that, it can give the Alien some of its caracteristics. Note : I find the Predalien idea a bit ridiculous like the Alien New Born.

As far as I am concerned, the Alien race is only deadly in pack. A solo Alien is a dead Alien against a Predator ( P1 or P2 class of Pred ).

To conclude, I like both species ( the alien design particulary thanks to Mister Giger ) and I don't mind seeing one or the other being killed as long as the movie is good.

As far as I am concerned, the Alien race is only deadly in pack. A solo Alien is a dead Alien against a Predator ( P1 or P2 class of Pred ).

Obviously the aliens can be deadly alone. As was the case in Alien, Alien 3, and the alien that killed two out of three Preds in AvP. But that movie doesn't count because Predator fans hated it.

Obviously the aliens can be deadly alone. As was the case in Alien, Alien 3
again, i'd like to remind you that, in those movies, the humans had no real weapons or training to defend themselves with. the 2 alien movies where the humans had actual firepower (Aliens & Alien Ressurection) they were dropping left and right...and even though most of the humans didn't survive, they didn't die without a good fight. however, in both predator movies every one of it's victims had substantial firepower and training but they STILL got slaughtered w/out much resistance.

and the alien that killed two out of three Preds in AvP. But that movie doesn't count because Predator fans hated it.
i'm an Alien fan AND a Predator fan. they are the 2 greatest monster aliens to hit the big screen EVER!!! i admire the ideas and concepts of both EQUALLY without bias and for you to assume that, just because a good majority of fans don't find AvP a credible source for Aliens or Predators it means that we're ONLY Predator fans, is (to be perfectly blunt)...IGNORANT! i love predators...and i love aliens, but when you take into account the FACT that Aliens are easily killed by humans with firepower, it's only LOGICAL to draw the conclusion that most predators can easily defeat most aliens.

it's fine that your opinion doesn't match with everyone else's but you really come off as an @$$ when you try to discredit others, by either labeling them or making personal assumptions about them, just because they don't agree with you. i really hope you stop being so damn judgemental about the others on these threads.....ESPECIALLY when your bias sticks out bigger than the Sears Tower. it really makes you look hypocritical.

Last edited:
again, i'd like to remind you that, in those movies, the humans had no real weapons or training to defend themselves with. the 2 alien movies where the humans had actual firepower (Aliens & Alien Ressurection) they were dropping left and right...and even though most of the humans didn't survive, they didn't die without a good fight. however, in both predator movies every one of it's victims had substantial firepower and training but they STILL got slaughtered w/out much resistance.

i'm an Alien fan AND a Predator fan. they are the 2 greatest monster aliens to hit the big screen EVER!!! i admire the ideas and concepts of both EQUALLY without bias and for you to assume that, just because a good majority of fans don't find AvP a credible source for Aliens or Predators it means that we're ONLY Predator fans, is (to be perfectly blunt)...IGNORANT! i love predators...and i love aliens, but when you take into account the FACT that Aliens are easily killed by humans with firepower, it's only LOGICAL to draw the conclusion that most predators can easily defeat most aliens.

it's fine that your opinion doesn't match with everyone else's but you really come off as an @$$ when you try to discredit others, by either labeling them or making personal assumptions about them, just because they don't agree with you. i really hope you stop being so damn judgemental about the others on these threads.....ESPECIALLY when your bias sticks out bigger than the Sears Tower. it really makes you look hypocritical.

This. Hell, if anything I'm probably more of an Alien fan.

Obviously the aliens can be deadly alone. As was the case in Alien, Alien 3, and the alien that killed two out of three Preds in AvP. But that movie doesn't count because Predator fans hated it.

I said "alone against a Predator" not against weaponless miners ( Alien 1 ) or prisonners ( Alien 3 ).

I am fan of both, trust me but AvP1 and 2 are not good references when it comes to the Alien/Pred mythos, there are some good ideas ( the pyramid, that the Predators came on Earth before and influenced our culture, the small part in Avp2 where we can see the Pred home world ) but overall they are medicore ( at best movies ).

I said "alone against a Predator" not against weaponless miners ( Alien 1 ) or prisonners ( Alien 3 ).

I am fan of both, trust me but AvP1 and 2 are not good references when it comes to the Alien/Pred mythos, there are some good ideas ( the pyramid, that the Predators came on Earth before and influenced our culture, the small part in Avp2 where we can see the Pred home world ) but overall they are medicore ( at best movies ).

The miners had flame throwers.

Dude stop being a baby. We're talking about fictional movie monsters. Not your mom.

Aliens established the simple fact that it is easy to kill an Alien. They're simplistic, mindless, creatures that are frail against weaponry like we are. The reason why the characters get slaughtered in the Alien movies is either:
A. When there is only one Alien, nobody has any weapons to take it down and without any weapons, you're screwed.

B. When you do have weapons, there are hundreds of them and you're screwed simply because they have the advantage of numbers.

The Predator on the other hand is a hunter that hunts the deadliest prey with advanced weaponry. It can turn freaking invisible! It can retreat when needed to treat its wounds. It has a mind that can develop strategies and plans.

It makes perfect sense for special forces to mow down Aliens and yet get defeated by a single Predator.

I agree, the ability of the Predators to use strategies and their advanced technology give them an edge over the Aliens. Although the Aliens have an endearing ability to adapt to anything, and stealthy cunningness, they can't compete with a species which has the technology (theoretically) to nuke them to extinction.

Everytime you get on to post it's to talk about how awesome Dorky is. Either your the same person, or you guys need to get a room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"