Comics All-New Amazing Spider-Man

K

KaineMorrison

From CBR.cc:

Cover art removed at the request of Marvel Comics

Comic Book Movie has posted a leaked image from Marvel Comics' "All-New Marvel NOW! Previews" March-April issue that puts out an intriguing tease for longtime Spider-Fans: "Amazing Spider-Man" is set to return to the stands with a new #1 issue by Dan Slott and Humberto Ramos later in 2014.

The most noticeable aspect of Ramos' image are Spidey's threads: clearly the pre-"Superior Spider-Man" version of the costume. Even more intriguing is that Spider-Man is clearly unmasked and smiling in a decidedly un-Otto Octavius way. Is it possible that Peter Parker is up for a return?

Even if the Spider-Man on the cover is Peter Parker, there's no guarantee that the series takes place concurrently with "Superior Spider-Man." (Nor, in fact, any indication that "Superior Spider-Man" is on the way out.) There's every possibility that Slott and Ramos could be detailing the previous adventures of Peter Parker -- the "lost episodes" of the previous "Amazing Spider-Man" volume, so to speak. Many options exist, and it's likely more about the series will be revealed in the coming days.

This isn't the first time Marvel has had a leak relating to "Amazing Spider-Man." The reveal of Doctor Octopus taking over Peter Parker's brain was leaked days before its debut, while the finale of "Amazing Spider-Man" #700 was spoiled over a week before publication. That said, the current leaked image only indicates that a new volume of "Amazing Spider-Man" is on the way -- nothing more.

CBR has reached out to Marvel representatives for comment, but did not hear back by time of press.
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=50156
Set to begin just before the new film opens.

*will update as info becomes available!

spider-man1_zps7f8e50f7.jpg

spiderman12n-3-web_zpsff654b22.jpg

original_zps143ceb76.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Pete won't be smiling for long when he found out what Ock has been doing to his personal life.

The image makes me think back on when Ben found out that he was the real Parker. He seemed to have a lot of fun and so full of life. This is how Pete will be, based on the image.
Nothing, at least for a while, will make him unhappy for a while.
It's a completely new lease on life.

I still think that both Pete and Otto will be swinging around.
Maybe Otto will get a proper ass-whoopin' from Pete too and bring him more in-line with how a hero should act!

Undoubtedly, I'm pumped! Would have been nice if it were 701, but this rebooted number makes more sense then the last time they tried a rebooted number system.

Undoubtedly, I'm pumped! Would have been nice if it were 701, but this rebooted number makes more sense then the last time they tried a rebooted number system.

It wasn't so bad back then.
Especially when they started dual numbering. I liked that a lot.
Now, something like New X-Men, it's horrible trying to figure out which issue goes in which volume...

awesome! I'm so excited about this.

I doubt there was a person on the planet that believed Brevoort with the "everyone will forget Peter" nonsense.

the way Peter is drawn with that smile is a bit disturbing and freakin' me out a little... he has no lips...

The question is if they can resist the temptation of going back to the original numbers in time for the 800th issue. :)

At the current rate, that's still about 3 years away.
4, if Superior stays...

Could be an Untold Tales type of book... No mention at all if it's current, and no mention that Superior is cancelled.

Yeah, I don't see any official confirmation here that Peter is back....

I am far from an artist -- cannot draw if it meant the firing squad--but there is something really off about Peter's face in the above illustration.

I wish that is a reboot so that i can go back buying Spiderman Comics

There is no official "confirmation" that Peter is back, but it is something that can easily be assumed. Otherwise they would probably be continuing "Superior Spider-Man."

This brings made me happy when I saw this yesterday.

But since we still don't know for sure what the premise is, I'm keeping my hopes low. Isn't it a little too soon? Only been about a year for Superior so far. I was expecting Superior to last at least 2-3 years tops.

I think once Superior Spider-Man ends, and Peter Parker is back, people will view it in a more positive light. Its just that when it first happened, it seemed like something permanent.

Anyone think this is movie worthy? Like perhaps in another reboot?

The Spider-Man movie franchise is getting watered down as it is. I've really enjoyed this story but I couldn't care if they translated it to film.

And Dan Slott said we would get Ock as Spidey for some time...

The Spider-Man movie franchise is getting watered down as it is. I've really enjoyed this story but I couldn't care if they translated it to film.
How is the movie franchise watered down? Its been rebooted and started fresh. There are plenty of stories to tell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"