• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Comics Spider-Man December 2007 Solicit

Some interior artwork...

ASM549022_col.jpg

ASM555007_col.jpg
Nice! Where'd you find these?

Has anyone here read Spider-Man:Swing shift?
I have and if you notice, as Spidey ZERO said, it does take place in continuuity and Peter hints that his identity is secret if I remember correctly. Jackpot... we haven't seen ever before which is why my guess is that the story takes place after OMD, which could mean mindswipe, possibly, because of Peter's hint.

Why would we need Spidey's supposed love interest become a superhero? We already had that with Black Cat. Hm. I do not like the Jackpot idea one bit. It craps on the character of Mary Jane no end. She shouldn't have superpowers...she should be there to show strength without the colourful tights!

Girl power without the power! :o

Something that will change Peter Parker's life forever...

Oh, and there's no turning back

I like these two sentences :woot:

LOL!!

Then what are they going to do for the 53 issues before issue 600? EVERY issue can't be a "no going back event", can it?

*looks at the last 30 issues*

Oh....I guess it can.:csad:

In all seriousness, BND looks great. Hopefully, we can get away from "shock" storytelling, and move onto character and plot based storytelling.

Aloha,
Never before in the history of Amazing, has it come out 3 times in a month. Twice a month during the summer was the most.Along with stand alone issues, the 3 & 6 story arc, looks to be standard Amazing writing style for a while.I think around April 2009-Amazing Spider-Man #600 will hit the stands.Let's see who's still around on the Hype when that happens:word:
Spidey rules 3 times monthly

..Back in the McFarlane run it was coming out twice a month at one stage.
Il still be reading come #600.

LOL!!

Then what are they going to do for the 53 issues before issue 600? EVERY issue can't be a "no going back event", can it?

*looks at the last 30 issues*

Oh....I guess it can.:csad:

In all seriousness, BND looks great. Hopefully, we can get away from "shock" storytelling, and move onto character and plot based storytelling.

For me it looks promising bar the Jackpot character.
MJ as a superhero just seems ridiculous, what is wrong w/ Black Cat?

So your not a fan, well I am.

Point is- she makes a much more logical female superhero partner than MJ in spandex.

Dan Slott and Steve McNiven.... *drools*

Anyway...

December is going to be GREAT to be a Spidey fan. It's the same month of my birthday AND Christmas. Rock on.

Spider-Girl being around for 10 years. Ultimate Spider-Man tying up the Goblin arc. Swing Shift rerelease. Sounds like it's Spidey packed.

Spidey overload if you will....

Yes, indeed.

All I'm buying is ASM, it will be good I hope.

Something that will change Peter Parker's life forever...

Oh, and there's no turning back

I like these two sentences :woot:

People criticize Marvel for using these lines so much now, and say they would rather have a return to classic Spidey storytelling. Yet in a ton of the first 200 issues of the amazing Spider-Man, the following issues are constantly advertised this way.

There was always a "Peter Parker's life will never be the same...after the (insert villain) strikes!" or a "Tune in next month to witness a revelation so shocking, there will be no going back!" or even "A Turning Point you can't miss! If you read one issue this year, make next month's issue the one! You can't afford to miss it!"

So I really don't see why people complain about these lines so much, and then say that classic Spidey was better. At least criticize classic Spidey for using these lines if you're going to complain about them. Personally I enjoy it, and love Spidey, so I'm cool with it all. On topic, I can't wait for December, it looks to be a great month for Spider-Man.

People criticize Marvel for using these lines so much now, and say they would rather have a return to classic Spidey storytelling. Yet in a ton of the first 200 issues of the amazing Spider-Man, the following issues are constantly advertised this way.

There was always a "Peter Parker's life will never be the same...after the (insert villain) strikes!" or a "Tune in next month to witness a revelation so shocking, there will be no going back!" or even "A Turning Point you can't miss! If you read one issue this year, make next month's issue the one! You can't afford to miss it!"

So I really don't see why people complain about these lines so much, and then say that classic Spidey was better. At least criticize classic Spidey for using these lines if you're going to complain about them. Personally I enjoy it, and love Spidey, so I'm cool with it all. On topic, I can't wait for December, it looks to be a great month for Spider-Man.
I just cant stand it when they use these slogans and lines one right after another. I mean theres been 3 events within this year alone, where they used theres no turing back, this is it!, this changes everything,etc...

We've been getting that with Civil War, Back in Black, and now with One More Day. At least spread it out a bit and not have it right after one another.

So your not a fan, well I am.

Point is- she makes a much more logical female superhero partner than MJ in spandex.

I would agree... if Peter even needed a partner. Which he doesn't. Plus Black Cat is just a big whore with huge ****.

There's nothing wrong with events or changes, its just that there's been way too many changes in the past 2-3 years. I mean ever since Sins Past, its been a non-stop roller coaster of changes and events, Sins Past, The Other(ugh), the Iron Spider costume (ugh), civil war, the unmasking, aunt may getting shot, the black costume, and now one more day where supposedly Pete's marriage is ending. Sheesh. When you do an event that changes stuff, there needs to be some downtime afterwards to play with those changes, dont keep constantly changing, otherwise readers can't keep up.

Jackpot.....:whatever: Webbing movie style....:whatever: :cmad: Spidey has gone downhill.

Movie style webbing is awesome.

Jackpot looks hot.

who's shadow is that? Iron Man? Titanium Man? Apocalypse? Kang? It's one of those silly looking helmet types.

I bet it's Iron Man.

Heh. Which, in all honesty, during the Stan Lee days they laid it on a little more thick than they do now.

But most of the posters around this board, and I'm sure other boards, jump on that stuff because it's Joe Quesada. Most Spider-Man fans have to have a prerequisite of hating Joe Quesada.

If it was Tom Defalco they'd be praising it. If it were Stan Lee they'd be sucking up to it. Heh. But since it's Quesada...it's like the coming on the anti-Christ.

Heh. Which, in all honesty, during the Stan Lee days they laid it on a little more thick than they do now.

But most of the posters around this board, and I'm sure other boards, jump on that stuff because it's Joe Quesada. Most Spider-Man fans have to have a prerequisite of hating Joe Quesada.

If it was Tom Defalco they'd be praising it. If it were Stan Lee they'd be sucking up to it. Heh. But since it's Quesada...it's like the coming on the anti-Christ.

Wrong.

DeFalco understands who Spider-Man is, Joe Quesada does not.
Instead he likes to do these pathetic and contrived event arcs for every other storyline that only serve to continually erode who Spider-Man is. All for the sake of spiking sales because essentially the editorial no longer know how to write Spidey.

The only thing I'm glad about in December is that JMS is not the writer of any Spider-Man comics coming out. Call me a hater, but damn, it's almost worth giving up the Spider-Marriage if it got that hack off the book. Harhar, well no. But if I had to stretch, at least there will be some old-school Spidey action in December and not a plodding attempt at a character study.

The long arcs of the eighties included Sin Eater, Sinister Syndicate. Gang War, Assasination Plot, and Kraven's Last Hunt, as a few examples. These were great arcs based on story and characterization that was spot on. Those were concise stories that did not piss on the past or lump extra baggage on Peter Parker that was so contrived that it later gets avoided a month after saying it's a fantastic addition/change. Those stories felt real, but Super-Heroic at the same time.

The arcs of today are lacking any hint that these writers/editors understand who Peter Parker and Spider-Man is in the first place.

The shock value tactics Stan Lee used on the covers of the first 200+ issues were gimmicks to get you to buy the read, yes, but they were mostly one shot issues or 2 parters that did not give Peter lame new powers he didn't need or mimic the movie powers because the comic creators decided to be slaves to the movie for an extra buck.

Please spare us any comparisons of Stan Lee to JMS/Alonzo/Quesada.

Go read 80's Spidey from start to finish again and then tell me these JMS plot devices fit anywhere near a Spider-Man comic.

One thing I think sucks big time, is that the writers on the other two titles- FNSM (PAD) and Sensational (Sacasa) do actually understand the character, but their books had to carry so much baggage from ASM that they could not really do their own take on Spider-Man's world.

FNSM started off w/ PAD having to write parts for The Other (vomit), while in Sensational #23 Sacasa has to contend w/ Spidey being in the Avengers. Despite Sensational being pretty decent, another thing that irked me was Alonso's or whoever's decision it was to not bother cross referencing the 3 books in panel to try and make some sense of it all.

My main worry right now (after OMD) is that come ASM#546 Quesada will continue to force his whacked out agendas onto the new teams.

Hey Dangerous, you know the old saying, it's got to get worse before it gets better. You are going to see it get worse worse worse in Spider-Man comics.

It needs to get so bad that people stop buying it.

And talk about cross referencing, the clone saga, as much as it gets ripped on, was cared for in that regard. Again, those creators cared about the Spider-Man mythos, even if they went a little overboard making Ben the real Peter at first.

But again, years after those events and during the whole JMS Alonzo mess, I realized having Ben be the real SPider-man would have been better than the last 8 years, and would have at least fit in continuity.

Anyone go read ASM #150, Peter throws away the results Curt gives him, and at that moment you can always put in the back of your mind that Peter wasn't really Peter.

That's f****ing cool and at least fits. JMS Sins Past, you know you know, it's crap, just flat out writing crap.

Jackpot.....:whatever: Webbing movie style....:whatever: :cmad: Spidey has gone downhill.
Webbing movie style... nothing wrong with that. Looks good here. :up:

Jackpot... :down :mad:

Sadly I see that the bells and whistles of their "damage control" is suceeding in distracting too many of you from the utter CRAP being shoved down our throats with OMD.

OMD = a poison pill

BND = "kool-aide" to wash it down with.

OMD = a poison pill

BND = "kool-aide" to wash it down with.

Couldn't have spelled it out better. The alarm bells, or is it "spider sense" should have started going off when they saw the FCBD of "Swing Shift," and when Joe Q and JMS were saying that everything happening in Spidey right now would lead to "One More Day." And they really should've gone off when it was announced that Amazing Spider-Man was going to be released three times a month and all those involved with "Brand New Day" were all waxing nostalgic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"