• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Comics Spider-Man December 2007 Solicit

Well, I'm guessing that Marvel wanted their flagship character to be the first Marvel comic character to hit 600 issues.

I did this the other month in another thread, but if ASM continues 3 times a month for 12 1/2 years, it would be hitting #1000 right around the same time as Action Comics would be getting there.

:yay:

Some interior artwork...

ASM549022_col.jpg

ASM555007_col.jpg

The movie-style webbing design looks great IMO

But Jackpot's costume :down

Dr Strange and Wolverine? So we can drop the theory of Spidey getting thrown into another universe where there's no heroes (if there's such theory)

They added an image. Seeing Peter hand sewing his costume is like a breath of fresh air.:up:

GIANT-SIZE AVENGERS SPECIAL #1
Written by C.B. CEBULSKI, MATT YOCUM, DANIEL MERLIN GOODBREY, DOUGLAS NOBLE, T. CAMPBELL & SCOTT GRAY
Penciled by PAUL NEARY, BRIAN DENHAM, NELSON, DENIS MEDRI & ROGER LANGRIDGE
Cover by BRYAN HITCH
As the Avengers battle to take down the Serpent Society, the team recalls never-before-told tales of their past! Watch as:
Spider-Man tries to integrate into a team and learns a thing or two about history, Luke Cage and Wolverine go toe-to-toe against a terrifying cosmic foe, Henry Peter Gyrich becomes an unlikely hero on an unlikely world, and Jarvis the butler cleans house…after some robot Vikings drop by unexpectedly. On top of all that—it’s the return of the critically-acclaimed Fin Fang Four by Scott Grey and Roger Langridge! That’s 55 pages of all-new comics, PLUS classic reprints from Avengers history!

MARVEL HOLIDAY SPECIAL
Written by MIKE CAREY, C.B. CEBULSKI, SHAENON GARRITY & ANDREW FARAGO
Penciled by NELSON, ALINA URUSOV & LOU KANG
Cover by FRAZER IRVING
It’s that time of year already, and what better way to celebrate than with the Marvel Heroes? Answer: there is no better way. Join Spider-Man and Wolverine in a quest to get a cake to Aunt May’s house, and to…stop a rogue Santa from destroying the city?!? Plus, Power Pack relives holidays past, and much, much more!
48 PGS./Rated A …$3.99

NEW AVENGERS #37
Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
Pencils & Cover by LEINIL FRANCIS YU
It’s the throwdown of the year. The New Avengers versus the Hood's gang of super-villains, bloody, angry and shocking to the end. But still they have to ask: WHO DO YOU TRUST??
32 PGS./Rated A …$2.99

Not liking the movie style webbing, but the cover to #547 looks great- can't wait to see the rest for December.

The disparancy of art styles featured on those two sample pages seems pretty big...hmm.

Not liking the movie style webbing, but the cover to #547 looks great- can't wait to see the rest for December.

If you look at the cover carefully, the webbing only looks bright because it appears that there's a light shining through, whereas the webbing looks dark where there is no light.

:huh: :huh: :huh:

Some interior artwork...

ASM549022_col.jpg

ASM555007_col.jpg
That looks awesome! But Jackpot...why does she have to be there? I still think MJ being Jackpot is not a good idea. The Issues still look and sound very promising though, same for the art. :up:

I'm also really looking foward to the Marvel Holiday special. :up:

If you look at the cover carefully, the webbing only looks bright because it appears that there's a light shining through, whereas the webbing looks dark where there is no light.

:huh: :huh: :huh:

Hang on a sec-

I'm cool w/ Spidey's web lines.

I was referring to the interior panel that depicts Spider-Man & jackpot together. Here Spidey's costume now appears to feature the raised-light reflecting-movie webs.

That I don't like.

It's going to be a wild ride once the 3 issues per month start getting pumped out...

Wow, just wow. SO Swingshift WAS in continuity?? Man, that means Marvel basically already revealed whats gonna happen in OMD. Aunt May lives and MJ is Jackpot. I dont believe this crap, i just dont believe it. I didnt actually think they were gonna go through with erasing MJ from continuity but they did. Is anyone else as pissed as I am??

Wow, just wow. SO Swingshift WAS in continuity?? Man, that means Marvel basically already revealed whats gonna happen in OMD. Aunt May lives and MJ is Jackpot. I dont believe this crap, i just dont believe it. I didnt actually think they were gonna go through with erasing MJ from continuity but they did. Is anyone else as pissed as I am??

Not until i see how everything actually pans out.

I'm actually liking the silvery webbing in that shot with (sigh) Jackpot. I don't think it's something that could be done well all the time but the coloring on Spidey there looks beautiful.

It's going to be a wild ride once the 3 issues per month start getting pumped out...

Aloha,
Never before in the history of Amazing, has it come out 3 times in a month. Twice a month during the summer was the most.Along with stand alone issues, the 3 & 6 story arc, looks to be standard Amazing writing style for a while.I think around April 2009-Amazing Spider-Man #600 will hit the stands.Let's see who's still around on the Hype when that happens:word:
Spidey rules 3 times monthly

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"