All Things Wonder Woman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 25

Yeah, I'd nail that....I mean, they nailed that. I mean....whatever. :o

Dump him! Dump him now!! Let nothing get in the way of WW2!! Gal's leaving would be worse than Affleck leaving!

Even without the allegations in mind, Brett Ratner is an abomination to filmmaking . It should be a no-brainer for WB.

Even without the allegations in mind, Brett Ratner is an abomination to filmmaking . It should be a no-brainer for WB.

The issue is I don't think he's done anything criminal? (as of yet) and WB could open themselves up to multi milllion dollar lawsuit by severing ties with his production company.

This is a messy area. :csad:

The issue is I don't think he's done anything criminal? (as of yet) and WB could open themselves up to multi milllion dollar lawsuit by severing ties with his production company.

RatPac-Dune’s co-financing agreement with Warner Bros. is set to expire in spring 2018.

Also, in case, you guys missed it Ratner himself already stated 11 days ago that he'd be stepping back from future WB projects.

Well then, uuuuh.... Can someone tell Gal that, please? I mean, ****...

Yes, it does make things rather embarrassing for her.

@BoxOffice:

Warner Bros. has moved #WonderWoman2 from a mid-December 2019 release to Nov. 1, 2019
#wonderwoman*

Well then, uuuuh.... Can someone tell Gal that, please? I mean, ****...

It seems it was made up:

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...idn-quit-woman-brett-ratner-article-1.3630400

I did find it a bit odd for a newcomer like her, as well as someone with a seemingly easygoing personality, to give such an ultimatum to the studio that made her career.

I'm not implying that it would be a wrong thing to do, but on the other hand, it's simply not her place to get involved with this matter.

FYI, the WW documentary is on AMC right now.

It seems it was made up:

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...idn-quit-woman-brett-ratner-article-1.3630400

I did find it a bit odd for a newcomer like her, as well as someone with a seemingly easygoing personality, to give such an ultimatum to the studio that made her career.

I'm not implying that it would be a wrong thing to do, but on the other hand, it's simply not her place to get involved with this matter.

It was pretty dickish of someone to make that up. My admiration for Gal was briefly diminished, but you're right to say it didn't seem like somethink she would do.

FYI, the WW documentary is on AMC right now.

Which documentary is that?

It seems it was made up:

Wonder Woman 2: Gadot & Jenkins Clarify Brett Ratner Situation

https://screenrant.com/wonder-woman-2-gadot-jenkins-brett-ratner/

Gal Gadot and Patty Jenkins have clarified the Brett Ratner-Wonder Woman 2 situation that has been making the rounds online. This past weekend, it was reported that Gadot was threatening to walk away from the role of Wonder Woman – and, therefore, wouldn’t be appearing in Jenkins’ 2019 film, Wonder Woman 2 – if Warner Bros. didn’t cut ties with director-producer Brett Ratner, whose production company, RatPac-Dune Entertainment, has co-produced a variety of Warners’ films over the years, including Wonder Woman and Justice League.

Ratner recently joined the ever-growing list of high-profile Hollywood figures who’ve been accused of sexual harassment. Six women leveled allegations against Ratner earlier this month, with Ellen Page later revealing that the director had outed her as gay on the set of X-Men: The Last Stand (a movie Ratner directed and Page starred in). Warner Bros. immediately severed ties with the filmmaker, and it’s presumed that the studio won’t be renewing their contract with RatPac when their arrangement ends in March 2018 – and that’s why Gadot’s apparent Wonder Woman 2 demand seemed redundant, for Ratner nor RatPac was going to be involved with the sequel’s production.

In an interview with ET at the Justice League premiere, Gadot and Jenkins briefly clarified the situation. Jenkins said: “That whole thing happened weeks ago, so that actually had nothing to do with Gal. That was a foregone conclusion.” Gadot, although she didn’t necessarily address the report, reiterated her position on the matter: “There [has] been a lot written about how I feel and my views about this topic, and everyone knows how I feel about it. And the truth is, there [are] so many people involved in making this movie, and they all have echoed the same sentiment.”

Gadot’s supposed ultimatum, though immediately refuted by Warner Bros., was met with overwhelming support from fans and industry professionals alike, who felt the actress was living up to her DC superhero role. At the start of the Justice League press tour, Gadot addressed how Wonder Woman would handle sexual harassment, and that’s what made the report believable in the first place. However, the decision to remove Ratner and continue with the DC sequel without the filmmaker or his company involved was already made prior to the report coming out.

At first, some people thought, if the story was true, Wonder Woman 2 could be delayed, but that certainly wasn’t the case, for it was announced mere days later that the studio had actually moved up the film’s release date to November 2019, thus putting the rumors of Gadot leaving the role to rest.

Last edited:
Wonder Woman 2: Gadot & Jenkins Clarify Brett Ratner Situation

https://screenrant.com/wonder-woman-2-gadot-jenkins-brett-ratner/

Gal Gadot and Patty Jenkins have clarified the Brett Ratner-Wonder Woman 2 situation that has been making the rounds online. This past weekend, it was reported that Gadot was threatening to walk away from the role of Wonder Woman – and, therefore, wouldn’t be appearing in Jenkins’ 2019 film, Wonder Woman 2 – if Warner Bros. didn’t cut ties with director-producer Brett Ratner, whose production company, RatPac-Dune Entertainment, has co-produced a variety of Warners’ films over the years, including Wonder Woman and Justice League.

Ratner recently joined the ever-growing list of high-profile Hollywood figures who’ve been accused of sexual harassment. Six women leveled allegations against Ratner earlier this month, with Ellen Page later revealing that the director had outed her as gay on the set of X-Men: The Last Stand (a movie Ratner directed and Page starred in). Warner Bros. immediately severed ties with the filmmaker, and it’s presumed that the studio won’t be renewing their contract with RatPac when their arrangement ends in March 2018 – and that’s why Gadot’s apparent Wonder Woman 2 demand seemed redundant, for Ratner nor RatPac was going to be involved with the sequel’s production.

In an interview with ET at the Justice League premiere, Gadot and Jenkins briefly clarified the situation. Jenkins said: “That whole thing happened weeks ago, so that actually had nothing to do with Gal. That was a foregone conclusion.” Gadot, although she didn’t necessarily address the report, reiterated her position on the matter: “There [has] been a lot written about how I feel and my views about this topic, and everyone knows how I feel about it. And the truth is, there [are] so many people involved in making this movie, and they all have echoed the same sentiment.”

Gadot’s supposed ultimatum, though immediately refuted by Warner Bros., was met with overwhelming support from fans and industry professionals alike, who felt the actress was living up to her DC superhero role. At the start of the Justice League press tour, Gadot addressed how Wonder Woman would handle sexual harassment, and that’s what made the report believable in the first place. However, the decision to remove Ratner and continue with the DC sequel without the filmmaker or his company involved was already made prior to the report coming out.

At first, some people thought, if the story was true, Wonder Woman 2 could be delayed, but that certainly wasn’t the case, for it was announced mere days later that the studio had actually moved up the film’s release date to November 2019, thus putting the rumors of Gadot leaving the role to rest.

That all makes far more sense.

It was pretty dickish of someone to make that up. My admiration for Gal was briefly diminished, but you're right to say it didn't seem like somethink she would do.

OTOH, there are some people who are interested in damaging her image.

Or some people used her popularity to issued some agenda, at least to promote gossip column

So for those that have seen it... In light of JL and some pretty definitive answers regarding WW post her film and the public appearance in BVS... Any thoughts?

So for those that have seen it... In light of JL and some pretty definitive answers regarding WW post her film and the public appearance in BVS... Any thoughts?

Thoughts about? It’s pretty much always what I thought - Diana didn’t stop helping people, but she didn’t do it as a public superhero. Now, she’s open to publicly embracing superheroics and serving as an inspiration to others.

Her power set remains inconsistent though. Unfortunately, I think that’s just a regular issues with comic book films.

Thoughts about? It’s pretty much always what I thought - Diana didn’t stop helping people, but she didn’t do it as a public superhero. Now, she’s open to publicly embracing superheroics and serving as an inspiration to others.

Her power set remains inconsistent though. Unfortunately, I think that’s just a regular issues with comic book films.

Is that what was stated? Cuz it seems more like she was a no show for 100 yeard, point blank and JL has dialogue as to the reason.

If anything I just hope for the sequel if it is still set for its December 2019 release then I hope for the sequel they do set it in modern day rather than it being a period piece

If anything I just hope for the sequel if it is still set for its December 2019 release then I hope for the sequel they do set it in modern day rather than it being a period piece

It's not Dec 2019 anymore.

Just saw that they moved it up to November 1, 2019 for the release date and personally I say that that is a good move by DC

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"