• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 All You Need To Know: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Fan Analysis

Tody

Civilian
Reaction score
Hey guys :D I'm a fan of this site and of course Spider-Man =) As such I wanted to know your guys and girls' opinions on this little fan analysis of the movie (The Amazing Spider-Man 2, not the first one), what's out there right now and where the story could go.

Hopefully it can spark some good discussion and get people a bit hyped! :)

Here's the link: http://egamer.co.za/2013/02/all-you-need-to-know-the-amazing-spider-man-2-fan-analysis/

Thank you, I look forward to hearing your thoughts!

The funeral scene doesn't hint at Gwen's death it's probably for a flashback involving his parents. I also highly doubt the locker is related to the symbiote despite all these ridiculous analyzations trying to tie it to it.

Last edited:
I dunno hey, bringing Mary Jane into the movie, and the possibility of Green Goblin being the main villain makes it seem very likely that she's going to die. The second movie would be a great place for it to happen, and it would be in line with the comics if it's done by Green Goblin.

Well, it being the same locker code, added to the fact that Webb loves Ultimate Spider-Man and the recent teaser video, it looks very possible, but it's one of the more vague areas right now.

Green Goblin is not the main villain of this film.

I dunno hey, bringing Mary Jane into the movie, and the possibility of Green Goblin being the main villain makes it seem very likely that she's going to die. The second movie would be a great place for it to happen, and it would be in line with the comics if it's done by Green Goblin.

Well, it being the same locker code, added to the fact that Webb loves Ultimate Spider-Man and the recent teaser video, it looks very possible, but it's one of the more vague areas right now.
Like Shape said, I'm not sold on the Goblin being a main villain in this. Sony has already shown a willingness to use B-List villains as the main antagonists for this film trilogy by using Lizard in TASM. At least this time around we get both Rhino and Electro.

Now, I don't agree with the reasoning you used in the article because it's just not strong enough (that birthday **** is really reaching) but what does makes sense is that they're bringing in the symbiote because it will be connected to the Goblin formula and the decay rate algorithm, which connects directly to the Ultimate symbiote which was created from the DNA of Peter and Eddy's fathers. It would also be easy for Harry to play the role of Brock here since he is Peter's childhood friend...so yes, I can see it working in that way. It also makes sense for the symbiote to play a role in curing Osborn because in the Ultimate comics it was designed to be used to cure cancer...not to mention Osborn turned into the Goblin in the Ultimate comics due in part to using Peter's DNA.

All that said, I just hope we don't see too much of the symbiote being used by Harry (although we really might sense it seems he will have a pretty big role in the film). Like you said in the article, if they use Venom, I want it to have its own trilogy (Peter wears the black suit for two films and then fights Venom in the third). If they can come up with some way for Harry to use the symbiote without him turning Venom/black spidey then I will be happy.

Last edited:
Fair enough, but keep in mind that the birthday thing is not at all my reasoning. I quoted the sources from where it was from, to give food for thought, and it wasn't the reasoning I used. My main train of thought is that they teased Norman Osborn's health in the first movie, and now they're bringing in Harry Osborn. It just seems like Green Goblin is the natural choice, and I still feel like Gwen is going to die (I highly doubt that a corny love triangle is the sole reason to bring Mary Jane in, which again, means Green Goblin is more likely for me.

I think the inclusion of the Lizard was a little bit because of the fact that Sam Raimi's movies wanted to include the Lizard as a villain (I know the actor for Curt Connors was keen) but we know what happened there, and I'm sure many fans were disappointed that the Lizard avenue seemed to get cut.

Having Lizard also fits in with the story they've crafted, because Curt Connors serves a good starting point for cross-species genetics and such. I'm guessing Marc Webb also had interest in doing the Lizard because the villain was never done in Ultimate Spider-Man, only shown in a flashback. The Lizard is more popular than you think ;) I like how they stuck to the first ever Lizard plot in issue 6 of The Amazing Spider-Man comics.

Then for some fun trivia, the Lizard was also the first villain to appear in The Animated Series.

I agree with your assessment of the Symbiote and Harry, I loved that whole story-line with Eddie Brock and the cancer-cure in Ultimate. It was fantastic.

I'm not completely sure if I want three films for the Symbiote story, but at the least I want a full movie dedicated to Venom and the Symbiote plot-line.

Thank you for reading, it's fun to discuss this with fans! :D You've given me a fair bit to think about, and I'm glad the article brought discussion.

I can see Gwen dying in the third film and MJ playing a bigger role in that film because they're in college, but I can't see her dying in the second film with Norman no where to be found. Webb knows if he does this he has to keep true to the storyline from the comics, and he can't do that without Norman.

I just want to remind everyone that if they're gonna speculate on Venom, that there is no locker 14 that Peter and Eddie found in Ultimate Spider-Man. The locker that kept the symbiote in USM was marked with the name "Brock" and there are no ties to the number 14. So we can't really be sure that the locker Marc tweeted is related to Venom and/or the symbiote.

Symbiote Spider-Man kills Gwen,because the symbiote webbing is too strong,there is no give in it.It would be like bungie jumping with a piece of rope instead of a bungie.

It would snap you up.

Symbiote Spider-Man kills Gwen,because the symbiote webbing is too strong,there is no give in it.It would be like bungie jumping with a piece of rope instead of a bungie.

It would snap you up.

I think I see what you did there.

I just want to remind everyone that if they're gonna speculate on Venom, that there is no locker 14 that Peter and Eddie found in Ultimate Spider-Man. The locker that kept the symbiote in USM was marked with the name "Brock" and there are no ties to the number 14. So we can't really be sure that the locker Marc tweeted is related to Venom and/or the symbiote.

:up:

I think Marc's day 14 crematorium set pic should clear up any misconceptions.

It was a damn morgue drawer!

The number 14 did not appear in the symbiote locker in the Ultimate Spider-Man comic.

Isn't this just speculation that belongs in the general discussion thread? Otherwise this will just turn into... another general discussion thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"